Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Carter Is Gone.

Indyfan4life

Why would Grigson and Pagano be sorry? And Carter is gonna be out of the league in 2 years.

Can I use your crystal ball for a second? 

How would you know this? All we've seen from him in pre-season has been with QBs who couldn't complete a pass to a standing target 5 yards away from them. If you look at his production with a real QB he was extremely impressive. Also, 6'5 dudes who are fast as heck don't come around often.

Anyways, get back to be on the crystal ball I really need to borrow it!!!

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://cfl.ca/video/index/id/100887

This can give you an idea of his short term speed. His burt is un-real. A 6'5" man should not be moving that fast. Saying he's not blazing fast is just untrue. There's a reason why most of his yards come after the catch, he's got moves and is very fast. He's very good after the catch.

Did you watch him return kicks? That wasn't even close to blazing speed

How would you know this? All we've seen from him in pre-season has been with QBs who couldn't complete a pass to a standing target 5 yards away from them. If you look at his production with a real QB he was extremely impressive. Also, 6'5 dudes who are fast as heck don't come around often.

He is a 4.58 guy. Not "fast as heck". And where I can see his production with a real QB? Where have you seen that production?

Did you watch him return kicks? That wasn't even close to blazing speed

I chose that play because it showed 2 very adequate speed bursts. The first one was more impressive, but still shows top end speed. He shows it while playing WR too, unlike many other kick returners.

I've seen a video of him running a 4.43 40 last summer, dude is fast.  

They're still injuries. Shelf life for a RB is already short. Pulled the Hammy Thursday. Next time we might not see him on the field again

And PS: It's bones that come back stronger not ligaments

The grafted ligament definitely is stronger than the original stressed ligament. That is a fact. This is all assuming Ballard got surgery at a real surgeon and not a back alley butchershop.

Pro-tip: he did.

He is a 4.58 guy. Not "fast as heck". And where I can see his production with a real QB? Where have you seen that production?

When he was getting reps with Andrew Luck. Safe to say he's a real QB.

As for speed, 4.58 was his combine 40, he trained tirelessly and improved his speed while in the CFL. A buddy of mine used to train at the same gym as him in Montreal and watched him run a 4.4 40, and I've seen a video of a 4.42 40. Unofficial of coarse, but still certainly not slow.

http://cfl.ca/video/index/id/100887

This can give you an idea of his short term speed. His burt is un-real. A 6'5" man should not be moving that fast. Saying he's not blazing fast is just untrue. There's a reason why most of his yards come after the catch, he's got moves and is very fast. He's very good after the catch.

Lol. He is not blazing fast compared to the typical "blazing fast" NFL player. The problem is he can't get into position to make the catch, or get seperation. He also plays like he's a 6'0 receiver. We all got to see his moves at training camp and preseason. Most weren't impressed , but others such as yourself obviously have a devotion to this guy and are even calling grigson a fool. You guys could go cheer for the free agents team now, I guess.

As for speed, 4.58 was his combine 40, he trained tirelessly and improved his speed while in the CFL. A buddy of mine used to train at the same gym as him in Montreal and watched him run a 4.4 40, and I've seen a video of a 4.42 40. Unofficial of coarse, but still certainly not slow.

Oh, that's great, but what about production? I don't like to be told about someone's production, I want to see that by myself. So...

Lol. He is not blazing fast compared to the typical "blazing fast" NFL player. The problem is he can't get into position to make the catch, or get seperation. He also plays like he's a 6'0 receiver. We all got to see his moves at training camp and preseason. Most weren't impressed , but others such as yourself obviously have a devotion to this guy and are even calling grigson a fool. You guys could go cheer for the free agents team now, I guess.

I'm talking about for 6'5" WRs. All the "blazing fast" WRs in the NFL are around 5'10ish, it's easier to move. When you start talking about 6'5 guys the standard should and is different.

And just a little FYI: Just because someone doesn't support a decision doesn't mean I'm calling Grigs a fool. Look back to the Draft, everyone was bashing Grigs over the Dorsett pick, and that's something I absolutely can't stand (bashing before thinking) so I made a thread about it. PLEASE find evidence of me bashing Grigson or calling him a fool. If you dare make false accusations again I will not be as calm. This is something I really hate, so I obviously don't like it when someone falsely tries to say I've done it. 

I'm talking about for 6'5" WRs. All the "blazing fast" WRs in the NFL are around 5'10ish, it's easier to move. When you start talking about 6'5 guys the standard should and is different.

And just a little FYI: Just because someone doesn't support a decision doesn't mean I'm calling Grigs a fool. Look back to the Draft, everyone was bashing Grigs over the Dorsett pick, and that's something I absolutely can't stand (bashing before thinking) so I made a thread about it. PLEASE find evidence of me bashing Grigson or calling him a fool. If you dare make false accusations again I will not be as calm. This is something I really hate, so I obviously don't like it when someone falsely tries to say I've done it.

Hence the "others such as yourself" part of my comment.

So.... then please help me understand why a injury prone RB who had one good play this preseason made the roster over a young WR who balled out in TC and had a decent preseason

He's a good player. He won't b getting he carries he got in that last preseason game and should have plenty of time to rest the hamstring.

Wait..Ballard is still on the Colts roster right now? I'm not doubting you TK or AC17 who left me with the impression Vick was gone & in all likelihood cleaning out his locker. I'm just confused I guess. 

Alright, I can't put this off any longer. I gotta go watch INDY vs the Bengals right now & see if I think Ballard is done playing for us or not. Be back after I watch the game on my DVR. 

Ballard isn't done SW1.  You'll see the same burst and everything, he just pulled his hamstring around the 9th carry.

I'm still not sure if we will keep 5 rb, but the guy can still play.

We given Whalen to many chances he route sub part and his separation from a jam sucks

Not all teams play man-to-man defense. Whalen is a good route runner, has good hands, and can be relied upon to find the open zone against zone coverage. Couple that with his special teams play and it's understandable why he is on the 53.

What is it that Ballard has done that has so many people enamored with him? He played his rookie season in 2012 and averaged 3.9 ypc. He's played briefly in 1 game since and now he's tweaked his hamstring.

It could be that they want to keep Ballard for the future. Gore may be gone after next season? I don't know but he just tweeked a hamstring and it will heal.

Sorry, you seem to have a crystal ball too.

All the speed in the world does not make you a NFL caliber receiver. You have to know how to run routes and block. That is something he has a problem with. It is a lot easier to look impressive against Canadian football players than NFL players. Just because his last name is Carter does not make him a NFL receiver. Lets take a look at his work ethnic? He couldn't hold anything together at college and went undrafted for a reason. I was pretty optimistic when he was signed by the Colts but he has done nothing to show he belongs.

Varga can go to the PS. We haven't even seen him against starters.

OOOOkay.... a player recovering from multiple career ending injuries who is still injured is better than one who is young, fresh and a true physical specimen. Wow, I guess we should expect nothing less than an AP recovery type season out of  Ballard since he is already that much better?   

I think that we heard a lot of buzz surrounding Duron Carter during training camp. We got excited, thinking that we possibly added another dynamic play-maker to the offense. However, the buzz didn't match Duron's actual play in games. He really didn't show that much, (partially thanks to the 2nd and 3rd string QBs).

What I think will be interesting is if the Bears attempt to claim him. During joint practices, they had a better look at his abilities. With their receiver situation, they might make a claim. If they do, that might make for a trio of (when healthy)  Alshon Jefferey, Kevin White, and Duron Carter. That's three huge WR's.

Patriots are looking for a big bodied receiver and I believed they were interested in Carter coming out of the CFL.  Not sure if he'd be their ideal candidate though.  I think they may be looking for a veteran.  My gut tells me Carter would take a while to pick up their system. 

Minnie Mouse receivers are not a good risk reward scenario. Look at our own 1st Round Minnie the minute he gets hit .... fumble and injury. And for the spinners, I am not saying that there are not some exceptional Minnies out there .... just that I prefer big receivers over small ones any day of the week. Carter just needs toughness. There is no reason why a 6'5 receiver should not physically dominate every corner he faces.  

Minnie Mouse receivers are not a good risk reward scenario. Look at our own 1st Round Minnie the minute he gets hit .... fumble and injury. And for the spinners, I am not saying that there are not some exceptional Minnies out there .... just that I prefer big receivers over small ones any day of the week. Carter just needs toughness. There is no reason why a 6'5 receiver should not physically dominate every corner he faces.  

He's gone, what's your point?

and yet he didn't....I hope he lands on our practice squad but with his name I doubt it. I didn't see anything to suggest he was going to make this team when we brought him in...and that was BEFORE we got Johnson and Dorsett. He needs a lot more work...let's see if he clears waivers.

Yeah, I don't get that one. He still did better than Whalen in the preseason.

Another easy one to see coming. Whalen finds a way to stay on the team. I had him on the 53 just because I have learned to never count that man out. What he doesn't have in skills, he more than makes up with effort. He is that guy that no one can outwork.

Not if he don't have the talent. Matter of fact there are quite a few HOF receivers who are not considered tall. Just saying.

So Marvin Harrison was a Minnie mouse?