Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Carter Is Gone.

Indyfan4life

Ballard was running well until he was sidelined by the tight hammy vs the Bengals..... Nothing to do with his ACL or achilles at all.... so........................................... yeah.

He really wasn't running well. He had like two carries that were longer than 3 yards.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He really wasn't running well. He had like two carries that were longer than 3 yards.

While statistically you are right, that is an unfair summary of his day.

I remember on his first carry he got hit at the line of scrimmage and still fell forward for 3 yards, none of our RB's could do that last year not named Bradshaw.

He made a nice move up the middle for 12 yards.

He got hit about 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage on another and still fought and fell forward for a positive 2 yards.

Several other plays he got hit in the backfield and there was nothing he could do about it. Granted on one play he ran it up the gut and got hit from the side for about no gain and he probably shouldve bounced it outside and didnt.....

He had 9 yards on the play his hammy gave out but that couldve been for a lot more if he didnt just limp out of bounds.

All of his runs were very hard pounding runs and any RB on our roster last year (not named Bradshaw) wouldve probably had less yards on the same carries.

While statistically you are right, that is an unfair summary of his day.

I remember on his first carry he got hit at the line of scrimmage and still fell forward for 3 yards, none of our RB's could do that last year not named Bradshaw.

He made a nice move up the middle for 12 yards.

He got hit about 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage on another and still fought and fell forward for a positive 2 yards.

Several other plays he got hit in the backfield and there was nothing he could do about it. Granted on one play he ran it up the gut and got hit from the side for about no gain and he probably shouldve bounced it outside and didnt.....

He had 9 yards on the play his hammy gave out but that couldve been for a lot more if he didnt just limp out of bounds.

All of his runs were very hard pounding runs and any RB on our roster last year (not named Bradshaw) wouldve probably had less yards on the same carries.

This year though, I think Ballard, Gore, Robinson AND even Varga, EACH carry a better run than anyone not named Bradshaw last year..-yes, even Herron-.  

This year though, I think Ballard, Gore, Robinson AND even Varga, EACH carry a better run than anyone not named Bradshaw last year..-yes, even Herron-.  

It's a bit soon to be crowning Varga over someone like Boom, primarily because he was running against people no longer on active squads.

Don't get me wrong I like the guy and what he brings, just lets see him do it in some games that matter first.

Another insane thread.

Suddenly Carter is slow, has bad hands, runs poor routes (like anyone here would even know!) and on and on....

All over one bad game.... where, by the way, he caught four passes.

Such spectacular nonsense, but it's getting more typical. Huge overreactions based on very, very small sample size.

Carter didn't make the final 53 because he's not an asset on special teams and Whalen is. And we need that.

Is Carter a polished kid? No. Does he have a lot to work on? Yes.

But all this Carter hate is simply ridiculous..........

I don't think it's Carter hate, but just people not treating him as a sure thing.

You said there are huge overreactions based on a small sample size but I think the contrary is true. There was a huge amount of overhype based on an even smaller sample size. People saw some CFL highlights, heard who was dad was, and thought because he was a training camp superstar that the Colta had a true sleeper at WR.

What people fail to realize is that he also failed to make the Vikings team a few years back too. People had this idea that he was just supposed to be good and that the 5th WR spot was always his but then he hit a real NFL field and showed that he isn't amazing. Dude is extremely raw and plays incredibly soft.

But the issue is that too many fans think that he's supposed to be good, like it's a given. No one ever stopped to consider the possibility that maybe the apple fell really far from the tree. Maybe Duron just isn't that great of a football player.

Now he's on the practice squad and certainly has a chance to Improve, but people shouldn't just expect him to be a superstar like it's his god given right. He's no different than all the other WRs on people's PS: a project and a long shot.

I never said he was a shoo-in. And have said he is raw, and lets defenders push him around. I'm never expected him to be great right away.  But i'm no hater either.

I think this guy has VERY big upside with raw talent, and physical stature.  And if he takes to the practice squad like a sponge, and works hard developing, he could be great.

On the flip side, he could turn out to be that same guy who flopped in college.

I'm hoping the former.

What's the big fuss here? Being the last receiver in means Carter will barely take a meaningful snap on offense *barring any injuries to the other WRs*. All his work will be on STs gunning and blocking where Griff's work rate and success thus far has Carter beat big time. 

I think if any of our WRs go down, Carter will be made active and would eventually supplant Griff in the WR hierarchy on offense.

Watch out!!!

The Chris Carter hate is coming!!!!

Lock the doors & hide your kids...

Daddy pampers him and enables him to be weak, a cry baby, bad student, spoiled, & entitled.  I don't have sympathy but I do think he (Duron) could be special as long as he stays away from his Dad for a while and gets a dose of reality (which he just got). I doubt he's getting any sympathy from other NFL'ers.

Daddy pampers him and enables him to be weak, a cry baby, bad student, spoiled, & entitled. I don't have sympathy but I do think he (Duron) could be special as long as he stays away from his Dad for a while and gets a dose of reality (which he just got). I doubt he's getting any sympathy from other NFL'ers.

Huh?

What?

The guy was on a CFL roster & is now on an NFL practice squad, not sure I'd call him weak.

If anything was timid, your original post sounded scared of the wrath Chris Carter was gonna bring down on the Colts for cuttin' his kid, although he did clear waivers, so really 31 other teams passed on him too....

Hopefully the kid develops on the ps & can become a legit wr for the Colts.

Huh?

What?

The guy was on a CFL roster & is now on an NFL practice squad, not sure I'd call him weak.

If anything was timid, your original post sounded scared of the wrath Chris Carter was gonna bring down on the Colts for cuttin' his kid, although he did clear waivers, so really 31 other teams passed on him too....

"scared of the wrath" from Chris Carter, hardly.  My original post was in jest (perhaps a funny face next time).  I absolutely think he's "weak" in his preparation, route running, and myriad other things.  I don't mean physically weak, but his mental game is lacking.

"scared of the wrath" from Chris Carter, hardly.  My original post was in jest (perhaps a funny face next time).  I absolutely think he's "weak" in his preparation, route running, and myriad other things.  I don't mean physically weak, but his mental game is lacking.

Ha gotcha,

I may be wrong but I've heard Duron is a sharp kid & has got a bum wrap about the College deal, apparently it just wasn't his thing...

I have heard, I have no sources, but heard that during the CFLs CBA Duron worked with the legal team and was one of the more fluent players in terms of knowledge of their contracts etc...

Ha gotcha,

I may be wrong but I've heard Duron is a sharp kid & has got a bum wrap about the College deal, apparently it just wasn't his thing...

I have heard, I have no sources, but heard that during the CFLs CBA Duron worked with the legal team and was one of the more fluent players in terms of knowledge of their contracts etc...

that's interesting, wouldn't have guessed that.  I had high hopes for him but it seems that drafting Dorsett makes him seem much more expendable -- I'm sure he didn't think he was just going to breeze through TC and PS to a roster spot.  People said he worked very hard in TC... I just wish it could have worked out.  If we have an injured WR, he'll be the first one called upon I would guess.

that's interesting, wouldn't have guessed that.  I had high hopes for him but it seems that drafting Dorsett makes him seem much more expendable -- I'm sure he didn't think he was just going to breeze through TC and PS to a roster spot.  People said he worked very hard in TC... I just wish it could have worked out.  If we have an injured WR, he'll be the first one called upon I would guess.

I wouldnt be so sure, Hamilton was high on Quan Bray too. Carter will have to earn it in practice still.

IMO Carter will be a great WR in the NFL some day. On the hate thing, following CFL'ers who go to the NFL, anyone with a CFL tag on them seems to bring the worst out in NFL fans. I don't know why, just maybe the arrogance of NFL fans that seem to think once NFL teams are filled, there is no one left that is any good. IMO There are QB's in the CFL that are better then anything the bills have. But that is just my opinion.

Good call

that certainly didnt look good for carter( or a bunch of analysts, writers and fans who called him a lock, like me), but no WRs were picked up by any team on waivers.  its one of the harder positions to learn imo.  he also had a multi year contract, that didnt help his cause any 

I guess I don't remember Mike Hart getting as hyped... ahhhhhh, the good old days

I hyped Hart a lot.  Of course I'm a Michigan fan.  Also, Hart doesn't really belong in the category of Rogers and Hall... Hart proved to be productive in real NFL games he just could not stay healthy.  Hall never produced in an NFL game and Rogers only produced in one.

I hyped Hart a lot.  Of course I'm a Michigan fan.  Also, Hart doesn't really belong in the category of Rogers and Hall... Hart proved to be productive in real NFL games he just could not stay healthy.  Hall never produced in an NFL game and Rogers only produced in one.

Ahhhh, that Michigan fan in you hyped him.  Don't worry I did the same for Anthony Davis (Badger RB). But I liked watching Hart in college, guy was a stud workhorse RB