Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie Is A Patriot...

Everyone

well. look at it this way, that week 6 game will probably break rating records for a regular season game now for sure.  I just hope Reggie doesn't catch a single pass that game, not because of him, but because I hope Mathis and Newsome and others put brady on his back so much none of his receivers can get a chance to catch anything. (wishful thinking I know)

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't really care about him signing for the Pats, but if I understand xorrectly, when asked to give a message to Colts fans apparently he didn't have time for that. After 14 years of adoration that's all he could say? I hope I misunderstood the tweet. If not I hope he never catches a ball in the NFL again.

He said "no time for that right now". Lol.

Glad that we signed Wayne, we will have to wait and see how it pans out.  Hopefully he will be like Branch when he came back, not a starter but a solid vet that could give the team 500-700 yards and add depth to our WR roster that is presently hurting.  He can platoon with the other WRs. 

My guess is that Wayne will be able to pick up the offense better than other vets that have come through Foxboro, and we have had more than our share of vets that have come through Foxboro.    

If Reggie doesn't get hurt, he should be very helpful. The past 2 years he played injured and it definitely showed on the field. He was dropping a lot of balls and couldn't get separation like he used to. He was a liability at times. I think he's only had 2 TD's each of the past 2 years. I'm happy for Reggie, glad to see him continue to play because he deserves it. I won't be rooting for him week 6, though. :)

Glad that we signed Wayne, we will have to wait and see how it pans out.  Hopefully he will be like Branch when he came back, not a starter but a solid vet that could give the team 500-700 yards and add depth to our WR roster that is presently hurting.  He can platoon with the other WRs. 

My guess is that Wayne will be able to pick up the offense better than other vets that have come through Foxboro, and we have had more than our share of vets that have come through Foxboro.    

I just want to see him get 236 more yards and 33 more receptions.  That would put him at 7th and 3rd respectively for career receiving records. Just above Marvin Harrison in both of those records.

Reggie Wayne and New England Patriots have reached agreement on a one-year deal, league source told ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter)

August 24, 2015

Good Luck Reg, still love you even though you chose to join the dark side.

Who isn't a Patriot?  I remember when the Pats won the Super Bowl right after 9/11, Robert Kraft said something to the effect of "We're all Patriots today".  It was very well received.  Now, after 4 Super Bowl wins, there are many "butt hurt" fans who despise the Patriots.

I think many fans grasp on to anything. Supposed cheating mostly.  If you really think about the Pats honestly, it is merely shadenfreude. That's the fans.  Reggie Wayne is a player, and he had no problem signing with this franchise.

Were it not for the Patriots' admirable string of excellence, the NFL would be T-Ball, where each team has a turn to win the championship.  Do Colts fans really want a special olympics NFL?  I don't. I'm worried that is where the present NFL commissioner is taking "his" league. 

Better understand what you're wishing for.  The USA already has the bread, all we need is the circus.  Then the children of the Elite will rule us for 1000 years.  Either that or until we boot them in the butt and tell them that we are Americans.

Oh come on, you know what I'm driving at. Do you not think Belichick will give this man the once over concerning a variety of subjects?

And, it'll probably be fashioned in a way that Reggie might not even recognize it. That's what I'm asking you.

Well, you could have just asked it that way lol. Yes, I'm sure Bill give him the 10000 questions

Who isn't a Patriot?  I remember when the Pats won the Super Bowl right after 9/11, Robert Kraft said something to the effect of "We're all Patriots today".  It was very well received.  Now, after 4 Super Bowl wins, there are many "butt hurt" fans who despise the Patriots.

I think many fans grasp on to anything. Supposed cheating mostly.  If you really think about the Pats honestly, it is merely shadenfreude. That's the fans.  Reggie Wayne is a player, and he had no problem signing with this franchise.

Were it not for the Patriots' admirable string of excellence, the NFL would be T-Ball, where each team has a turn to win the championship.  Do Colts fans really want a special olympics NFL?  I don't. I'm worried that is where the present NFL commissioner is taking "his" league.

Better understand what you're wishing for.  The USA already has the bread, all we need is the circus.  Then the children of the Elite will rule us for 1000 years.  Either that or until we boot them in the butt and tell them that we are Americans.

It's hard for me to "really think about the Pats honestly"! Very hard.

Guess you already forgot about that decade long gap where the patriots didn't win the SB lol.

How anyone could possibly have anything negative to say about Reggie Wayne is beyond me. The man stayed when he very easily could have left and made more money elsewhere after a 2-14 season. He loved Indianapolis and the Colts and the Colts kicked him to the curb (rightfully so). It's not like he turned down the Colts in order to go to New England. Why wouldn't he want to play for the best team in the league?

But, I don't have to be HAPPY about his new union with the Patriots.

That's fine, but the blame ENTIRELY lies with Irsay, Grigson and Pagano (though I suspect in my opinion, Pagano less so than the first two).  The Patriots wanted him the last time he chose US as a terrible 2-14 team over the Patriots (where he'd have one another Super Bowl right already) to be loyal and help us out.  When the same situation came up again, our management turned their backs on him but the Patriots didn't.  Why would he sign with a losing team? You and I wouldn't if we wanted to win football games.  So I wish Reggie the best and hope he solidifies his HOF numbers.   If he can contribute to them winning a Super Bowl, I'd be happy for him even though I despise the Patriots.  I despise our management's abandonment of him even more.  

At this point in his career Reggie would be our 4th-5th recievers at best.

And why do you want him to score 4 tds against us? And please don't say us...a fan doesn't root for an ex player to destroy his own team...

I'd rather it be Reggie than a back up running back or Gronkowski or any of the other Patriots who have crushed us the last 4 straight years.  You're preaching team loyalty, I am being loyal to the non-guilty party involved.  Just because you're happy to toss Reggie out with the Garbage (while we mull over Duron Carter and Griff Whalen and that other sad sack instead? ack).  Reggie might have been 4th.  He also might have been #2 again now that he's not injured.  The truth is they didn't even let him come to camp to show what he had.  If he couldn't cut it, THEN it would have been understandable.  But they gave him no choice.  

I'd rather it be Reggie than a back up running back or Gronkowski or any of the other Patriots who have crushed us the last 4 straight years.  You're preaching team loyalty, I am being loyal to the non-guilty party involved.  Just because you're happy to toss Reggie out with the Garbage (while we mull over Duron Carter and Griff Whalen and that other sad sack instead? ack).  Reggie might have been 4th.  He also might have been #2 again now that he's not injured.  The truth is they didn't even let him come to camp to show what he had.  If he couldn't cut it, THEN it would have been understandable.  But they gave him no choice.

No need to be a drama queen...calm down and count to ten. Everything will be OK...I promise.

If Reggie doesn't get hurt, he should be very helpful. The past 2 years he played injured and it definitely showed on the field. He was dropping a lot of balls and couldn't get separation like he used to. He was a liability at times. I think he's only had 2 TD's each of the past 2 years. I'm happy for Reggie, glad to see him continue to play because he deserves it. I won't be rooting for him week 6, though. :)

I hear yah.  Time will tell.  As always some folks in the media get all excited about names and players are what they were 10 years earlier.  Reggie was on the market for a bit of time, an indication that perhaps not all teams were interested. 

Hopefully his injuries are behind him and that he can use his smarts to help out where his physical skills have diminished.   We have a few folks injured at WR and the replacements are not the best to date, Reggie hopefully will fill the role as a 4th WR who can platoon with the others. 

And yes hopefully he will be able to stay healthy.

Anyone angry at Reggie for trying to get a job and finish his career on his own timetable needs to get a grip.  The Colts kicked him to the curb.  Brutally.  After he was willing to sacrifice the end of his career to help Pagano and the Colts when they were down and out 2-14.  Consider this: If he'd said NO.. and signed with New England,who WANTED him even then, he'd have another Super Bowl ring and likely would be a LOCK for the Hall of Fame and the Colts would not have had 3 11 win seasons at this point.  If you want to be angry, hate Irsay, Grigson and Pagano who are 100% to blame (and frankly we will have inferior receivers on the team instead of a Hall of Famer finishing out as a Colt who is way better than anyone not in the top 4 on our team, even when he was injured).  I hope Reggie score 4 touchdowns on us. 

I hated to see Reggie get cut from INDY, but I knew it was coming nevertheless. I think both Pagano & Grigs appreciate what Reggie sticking around after 2011 meant to this franchise & they will be forever grateful for leadership, professionalism, & locker room presence from a mentorship perspective on TY & numerous other WRs alone. I'm not mad at our owner, GM, HC, or coaching staff over the years. I like Wayne & I always will no matter what. The guy is simply awesome with a capital A. 

That's what I respect most about NE. They respect talent & they will do whatever is necessary to protect it, nurture it, & put it in the best position to win Yehoodi. I know Bill, Josh, & Tom will take good care of this all time great WR. 

Lighten up, Francis. 

Great line from the drill Sgt. Hulka during basic military training from the 1981 movie "Stripes." "You touch my stuff & I'll kill ya."   haha Lines from that timeless classic never get old man. 

Doggone it, ruk! I've got Diet Dew splatter all over my I-Pad! (my nose is burning, too!) :)

Been there; done that one myself brother. LOL! 

Ehhh... :puke:

11954548_699517121643_580379466499964461

#15 as opposed to #87. Good, I can live with that. Again, I have tremendous respect for NE. I'm just glad that his old INDY number will forever stand alone with fond memories. Cool. 

Be right back. I wanna see Wayne's introductory press conference in Foxboro. Mostly, I just wanna see if Bill said more than 4 words about his new toy. 

I just watched Reggie being interviewed by his locker by NE reporters. Here are my overall thoughts: 

--Love this quote: "I talked to Tom & I let him know that whenever he wants me to do extra work after practice to get better & I'm the same page with him I'm game." 

--It sounds like this is the most elaborate playbook that he's ever had to learn. "No comparison." I remember when Chad Johnson was there. He seemed overwhelmed by all the responsibilities he had as a WR. Wayne will be just fine IMO & have no trouble at all. 

--I don't know if it's my Safari web browser, but the Patriots website looks really strange to me like it's under construction or something. I watched Wayne's interview but the video picture was off. Maybe I need to access it in Firefox. I don't know. The webmaster on that site needs to fix the site I think. 

--I really didn't need apology as an INDY fan myself. Like Wayne said, I just want him to finish strong & compete for a Championship. I've got zero issues with NE personally. I want deflate gate resolved ASAP & top notch football again. 

--I saw Bill's interaction with the media & I'm surprised he said nothing regarding Reggie. I'm not upset because I know the tremendous admiration he has for Wayne so it's okay. Bill's a private guy anyway. 

Good luck Reggie. I'll be pulling for ya man even if you beat INDY this year, I'll tip my cap to ya. 

PS: I liked the fact that Reggie understands how important Gronk is to NE. What an icon he is there rightly so & that he wasn't gonna demand his old number in Massachusetts. Also, if the Colts should win vs NE in a few weeks, I don't gloat or rub people's noses in a victory either. Not a club like NE who is a powerhouse, playoff franchise. They earned my respect & I just enjoy clashing spears with them because we tend to make both franchises better whenever we collide on a football field. 

Yeah, NE has dominated us & I take nothing away from them at all. They have earned everything they have achieved, but INDY is on the rise & sooner or later, we will learn to stop the run. LOL! 

Can understand all the positive accolades for one Reggie Wayne. He deserves all of them. I too, would not mind a bit if he can help the Patriots. However, when October 18th rolls around, all bets are off. Targeting that game or any other that may come down the pike against Indianapolis, he could have the absolute worst game(s) of his career and again, I wouldn't mind a bit.

So, roll on big guy. My views of your tenure with the Colts will never change. As far as the future is concerned with your individual stats and goals, I wish you nothing but the best. Just save those for every team you face, excluding Indy!

What planet are you from?

Reggie is one of my all time favorite WRs. I was desperately hoping the Pats would get him back in 2012 when he came for a visit but he of course ended up signing back with the Colts and went on to have one of the best seasons of his career. 

I am not sure I understand this signing right now and I do see an element of trolling by Bill in this as well. To sign Reggie this late with literally two weeks to go before the season at his age and the Pats complex play book and offense does not seem to make much sense. Aging vets have really struggled historically to pick up the Pats offense and Reggie has already said that the play book is nothing he has ever seen in terms of its complexity so my expectations are pretty low on his contributions. I do like the fact that he is a leader through and through and can help mentor some of the Pats younger receivers as he is a superb route runner. I see him being more coach/mentor than on field contributor. I hope I am wrong but there were other younger receivers out there the Pats could have taken a flyer on when Gibson went down. I really don't get his signing from a football perspective but I am happy to see Reggie out there catching balls from Brady. It is never a bad thing to have a player of Reggie's ilk in the locker room and on the field.

Reggie is one of my all time favorite WRs. I was desperately hoping the Pats would get him back in 2012 when he came for a visit but he of course ended up signing back with the Colts and went on to have one of the best seasons of his career. 

I am not sure I understand this signing right now and I do see an element of trolling by Bill in this as well. To sign Reggie this late with literally two weeks to go before the season at his age and the Pats complex play book and offense does not seem to make much sense. Aging vets have really struggled historically to pick up the Pats offense and Reggie has already said that the play book is nothing he has ever seen in terms of its complexity so my expectations are pretty low on his contributions. I do like the fact that he is a leader through and through and can help mentor some of the Pats younger receivers as he is a superb route runner. I see him being more coach/mentor than on field contributor. I hope I am wrong but there were other younger receivers out there the Pats could have taken a flyer on when Gibson went down. I really don't get his signing from a football perspective but I am happy to see Reggie out there catching balls from Brady. It is never a bad thing to have a player of Reggie's ilk in the locker room and on the field.

Relax, Reggie played with Peyton and Luck on offenses that are just as good and in most cases, much better than the Patriots so don't give us "reggie says the playbook is so complex", if the Colts playbook wasn't complex then they wouldn't have crushed so many offensive records. You have Lafell, Edelman, and Amendola who is made of glass all question marks for playing 16 games. Reggie has enough left in the tank to be a low risk high reward player if he isn't the 2nd WR which he isn't here. I don't understand how you don't get this from a football perspective. Even from a leadership perspective in the locker room to be like a coach and being paid in an incentive friendly deal helps "from a football perspective". How you do not see this is beyond me.

Posted · Hidden by -JJ-, August 28, 2015 - editing another poster's post to bait
Hidden by -JJ-, August 28, 2015 - editing another poster's post to bait

I am not sure I understand this signing right now and I do see an element of trolling by Bill in this as well. To sign Reggie this late with literally two weeks to go before the season at his age and the Pats complex play book and offense does not seem to make much sense. Aging vets have really struggled historically to pick up the Pats offense and Reggie has already said that the play book is nothing he has ever seen in terms of its complexity so my expectations are pretty low on his contributions. I do like the fact that he is a leader through and through and can help mentor some of the Pats younger receivers as he is a superb route runner. I see him being more coach/mentor than on field contributor. I hope I am wrong but there were other younger receivers out there the Pats could have taken a flyer on when Gibson went down. I really don't get his signing from a football perspective but I am happy to see Reggie out there catching under inflated balls from Brady. It is never a bad thing to have a player of Reggie's ilk in the locker room and on the field.

I edited this for you

Relax, Reggie played with Peyton and Luck on offenses that are just as good and in most cases, much better than the Patriots so don't give us "reggie says the playbook is so complex", if the Colts playbook wasn't complex then they wouldn't have crushed so many offensive records. You have Lafell, Edelman, and Amendola who is made of glass all question marks for playing 16 games. Reggie has enough left in the tank to be a low risk high reward player if he isn't the 2nd WR which he isn't here. I don't understand how you don't get this from a football perspective. Even from a leadership perspective in the locker room to be like a coach and being paid in an incentive friendly deal helps "from a football perspective". How you do not see this is beyond me.

The Pats have brought in aging vets before, i.e. Chad Johnson, Joey Galloway, etc. and they did not fare well. With Reggie at 37 coming off an injury plagued season does not give me much hope. I did say that I think it is a good signing from a leadership perspective and that he can tutor/mentor the young receivers but I am not hopeful on his production. I would have rather seen the Pats go get a young receiver but again his leadership is something to factor in so I get it on that level.

In terms of the play book, here is Reggie's quote:

Unfortunately for Wayne, there aren’t many similarities between the Patriots’ offense and what he was used to with the Indianapolis Colts. “No. No comparison, so that makes it even worse,” Wayne said. http://nesn.com/2015/08/reggie-wayne-on-signing-with-the-patriots-i-want-to-win-point-blank/

So that concerns me as well given there is only two weeks to go to the season starts.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, August 28, 2015 - squabbling
Hidden by Nadine, August 28, 2015 - squabbling

No need to be a drama queen...calm down and count to ten. Everything will be OK...I promise.

No need to be an butt either Jabba... or is that your only mode of existence?