Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie Is A Patriot...

Everyone

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys don't realize, Reggie Wayne is a Colt for life. He knows he lost a step, he can't help us win anymore, but he CAN help the Patriots lose. Sometimes it's good to have spies on the inside, the Pats know all about underhanded, less than legal practices, and now we're just using their own methods against them. Reggie will give us all the information we need, and at the most crucial point of a game against us, he will catch a pass, pitch it to Vontae, and be his lead blocker all the way to the endzone. Then he will tear off his Patriots colors and reveal his true allegiance to the Horseshoe. 

He is a Horseshoe guy, all the way to the end.

You guys don't realize, Reggie Wayne is a Colt for life. He knows he lost a step, he can't help us win anymore, but he CAN help the Patriots lose. Sometimes it's good to have spies on the inside, the Pats know all about underhanded, less than legal practices, and now we're just using their own methods against them. Reggie will give us all the information we need, and at the most crucial point of a game against us, he will catch a pass, pitch it to Vontae, and be his lead blocker all the way to the endzone. Then he will tear off his Patriots colors and reveal his true allegiance to the Horseshoe. 

:spit:  I literally can't even, even. About died reading that. lol

I really believe this is just one more example of the Patriots trying to get into Colt's heads.  Hey, on week 6 bring it.  It ain't about talk or psych.  I must say Reggie is somewhat "deflated" in my eyes.  I'll always have fond memories though.

First, Austin Collie & now Reggie Wayne...Sigh...Well, INDY took Adam V. off NE's hands eventually & I hope we follow suit with Stephen Gostkowski down the line. 

I really didn't wanna see #87 play for some other club, but that's life & I never thought I'd see Vince Wilfork in another uniform or Peyton Manning either. 

Good luck Reggie. Just do what you can to help INDY out in the AFC Championship Game. Thanks. At least, Reggie's not stuck playing in Cleveland. NE is a quality franchise & Wayne deserves that: A competitive shot. 

I'm sure there will be as many "offings" as there were people leaving the U.S. back in 2008 lol.

Don't you mean 2004? All the Hollywood-ites who were moving to France? Nothing like revisionist history. 

I hope Reggie has a stellar year and seals his credentials for the Hall of Fame.  And I hope he DOES score on us and catch 10 passes for 120 yds.  After all, we tossed him to the curb with the trash, I think it would only be fitting for him to make that decision choke those who did it.  And he'll get a huge goodbye and career retrospective video at the game which he deserves so all in all, good for him.  And if he's a flop, he'll STILL get to say goodbye to all of his true fans in Indy with a heroes welcome. 

He'll probably get released tgh. He really lost a step last season and Bill isn't shy about releasing players that would be almost entitled on other teams.

If I'm wrong then good for him. If he still has anything left then NE is the best place for him. WRs go there and apparently drink out of some fountain of youth.

Also Colts fans are classy as always.

Posted · Hidden by ColtsBlueFL, August 25, 2015 - Duplicate post
Hidden by ColtsBlueFL, August 25, 2015 - Duplicate post

He'll probably get released tgh. He really lost a step last season and Bill isn't shy about releasing players that would be almost entitled on other teams.

If I'm wrong then good for him. If he still has anything left then NE is the best place for him. WRs go there and apparently drink out of some fountain of youth.

Also Colts fans are classy as always.

Don't you mean 2004? All the Hollywood-ites who were moving to France? Nothing like revisionist history.

I hope Reggie has a stellar year and seals his credentials for the Hall of Fame. And I hope he DOES score on us and catch 10 passes for 120 yds. After all, we tossed him to the curb with the trash, I think it would only be fitting for him to make that decision choke those who did it. And he'll get a huge goodbye and career retrospective video at the game which he deserves so all in all, good for him. And if he's a flop, he'll STILL get to say goodbye to all of his true fans in Indy with a heroes welcome.

Nope. 2008.

It's a job and a paycheck guys.  

Don't take it personal.  

A little too soon to ask me to turn the other cheek right now at this precise moment V-2004. It feels like asking a guy to be nice to your former best friend who just walked down the aisle with your ex-wife. 

I'll be fine in a few weeks just not right now. 

He still has to make the team, we'll see.

I get what you're saying SH & you're not wrong, but I have a feeling Reggie will make the Pats roster without too much difficulty. Besides, Bill has always revered Wayne so I can't see him being cut personally. 

He'll probably get released tgh.

i would bet on him making the 53 man roster.  they didnt have much depth in the first place, and a lot of them are hurt now.

if he is fully healthy reggie could be among the best WRs they have.  eldeman is probably better these days, but hes hurt right now, and they dont even have a solid #2 behind him.

Even if Reggie was borderline effective what are the chances BB would keep him just to screw with us? Deflategate has been a big f'n distraction for the Pats and I'm sure they'd like to poke us in the eye.

it seems that way, but they have been known to do this type of thing in the past, with other aging stars. 

Jr Seau, and chad ochocinco for example

I hope Reggie has a stellar year and seals his credentials for the Hall of Fame.

This is the best line of reasoning JPF that I have heard today regarding this move. Thank you. Reggie is no traitor to me personally, but I do understand why some fans are upset. If he was catching passes for Romo I'd be livid right now, so I get why fans who despise NE are not happy campers at this moment. 

Yeah, if playing for Manning, Brady, & Luck gets Wayne his yellow jacket faster, I'm cool with it. 

On a serious note here. Not "outraged" that Reggie is a Patriot. Surprised? Yes. However, I'm not so surprised that New England signed him. Sit back, and ask yourself a question. _Why_ did the Patriots sign him? You're going to get numerous and varying answers. To me, it's about making New England a better team from a status point of view. How does this help the Patriots & Wayne this season? ...

1. Brady to Wayne (if you understand football, nuff said)

2. Experience to New England wide outs (I don't care who you are)

3. Catapults Patriots to assure winning the AFC East more easily

4. It's an insurance card (as to what degree, we'll find out)

5. Intel (again, we'll find out)

6. Belichick's undaunting desire to win at all costs (plays into history more than most think)

7. Helps the entire team perspective of hoisting another VL

8. Wayne's desire to play for another year before retiring and achieving another ring

9. Robert Kraft aligning himself to detract from DeFlateGate (this was an intentional shot at the Colts while helping the franchise)

10. If Brady serves 4 games or less, what better way than to detract from #9 and help Garropolo with another great target

This is just my opinion. I'm sure many others have their own thoughts and reasoning. Would like to hear them in detail.

1.- lol- how true

2- true

3- I wouldn't go that far- no one player much less an aging one is going to make that big an impact

4- insurance is good

5- intel is way overrated.

6 - well all teams want to win

7- maybe a little but not that much

8 - true except no guarantee for a ring.

9 - total disagree here. BB is about getting players he think can help the team and he's always admired Wayne's work habits.

It can't be a shot at the colts because they released him. Its just another football decision is all.

10- hmm didn't think of that- good one :)

Not likely- Chad couldn't get the complex routes- he's a run and catch guy. Wayne is far more knowledgeable on routes

Wayne always runs crisp routes. Whereas, Mr. Ocho Cinco was often sloppy & not always spot on when he needed to be. 

I get your drift JJ. To me, it's a question of concentration. Reggie is money in this area vs Chad who often disappeared when games became difficult. We're on the same page man just a fraction apart.  haha

Good....for the Colts.

I know he's a all-time colt & possible HOFer, but I think he makes the pats weaker at this point in his career. At the end of last season he was on empty and was a liability out there.

I'm not wishing anything negative toward him but I doubt he finishes the season with them. I predict either a injury or lack of production will end his career in N.E.

Wayne always runs crisp routes. Whereas, Mr. Ocho Cinco was often sloppy & not always spot on when he needed to be.

I get your drift JJ. To me, it's a question of concentration. Reggie is money in this area vs Chad who often disappeared when games became difficult. We're on the same page man just a fraction apart. haha

Reggie dissappeared in the AFC Championship game last year. He will not be better this year.

The best they can hope for is an on the field coach.

I'm just glad we finally have a loyal guy on the inside to give us intel.  

We can sabotage the Pats and we will finally know what happened with deflategate.  

Couldn't be happier.  

Good move Irsay, playing the long con.  

I think we finally outsmarted ole Bill.

Just wasted 8 seconds reading this. If anything , Reggie will want to show up the team that (justifiably) gave up on him.

This is the best line of reasoning JPF that I have heard today regarding this move. Thank you. Reggie is no traitor to me personally, but I do understand why some fans are upset. If he was catching passes for Romo I'd be livid right now, so I get why fans who despise NE are not happy campers at this moment. 

Yeah, if playing for Manning, Brady, & Luck gets Wayne his yellow jacket faster, I'm cool with it. 

I wonder what number he will wear. 13, 83, 84, 86, 89 are available at the moment. Maybe he makes a deal with Gronk?

And now the Patriots fans on my Facebook feed are acting like they struck gold and dug oil at the same time and he's going to be the best weapon ever for Brady with 6 million catches for 100 million yards and a million touchdowns.

Incredelman, Gronk, LaFell and Amendola will get the bulk of Brady's targets. I hope Reggie can break into that group. We'll see what he has left.

Incredelman, Gronk, LaFell and Amendola will get the bulk of Brady's targets. I hope Reggie can break into that group. We'll see what he has left.

Yeah, I figured that much.

As regards to Wayne, I wouldn't be surprised if he flames out, but I wouldn't be surprised if he plays like Jerry Rice with the Patriots either lol