Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie Is A Patriot...

Everyone

Get a grip.  It's a one year rental.  Reggie is pretty much done.  He is going to strange pastures to end what has been an otherwise great career.   Kinda like Unitas in that Charger uniform. He'll go in the Hall as a Colt and this will just be a minor forgettable footnote when all is said and done.  

Thanks Reg for all you did for the Shoe.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reggie dissappeared in the AFC Championship game last year. He will not be better this year.

The best they can hope for is an on the field coach.

More than 1 Colts player had an off night vs the Patriots in recent Championship Games jbda. Even if Reggie has lost a step, so what. NE is a top tier organization & I will wish him well just like I did when Collie played briefly in Foxboro too. I just want Reggie to have a legitimate shot at a ring as his swan song & NE definitely provides that. 

Uniform changes don't phase me that much excluding Dallas of course. He will always be a Colt to me, but I am grateful that NE appreciates his stellar body of WR work over the years & they will put him in continued, productive situations. 

I really believe this is just one more example of the Patriots trying to get into Colt's heads.  Hey, on week 6 bring it.  It ain't about talk or psych.  I must say Reggie is somewhat "deflated" in my eyes.  I'll always have fond memories though.

Im sure getting into the head of an opponent you have crushed 3 yrs in a row is real high on BB's checklist.

And I just wanna say I feel sorry for Reggie having to wear the ugliest uniforms in the NFL.

I wonder what number he will wear. 13, 83, 84, 86, 89 are available at the moment. Maybe he makes a deal with Gronk?

Good question FE. TBH with you, it would be easier for me if Reggie took a different number. Also, stay away from #83 because I have a ton of respect for Wes Welker who in all seriousness needs to retire now. 

If GB comes calling Wes, say no for your own health please it's not worth it man. Gronk should keep his number because he's earned it & Reggie will be gone after this final season. 

I wanna remember #87 in blue not silver. Yeah I know, I'm being selfish. I'll admit it openly. Not a slam on NE as an organization BTW. NE's playoff appearances & SBs speak for themselves. 

Where it gets interesting for me is that I'm okay if Wayne takes either Moss's old NE number or his Minnesota days jersey number. I like Randy & all, but his rookie year & 2007 feel like ancient NFL folklore history now. JMO. 

Im sure getting into the head of an opponent you have crushed 3 yrs in a row is real high on BB's checklist.

And I just wanna say I feel sorry for Reggie having to wear the ugliest uniforms in the NFL.

Are you so convinced of that? Even by the most subtle and non-conspicuous way before October's game?

Are you so convinced of that? Even by the most subtle and non-conspicuous way before October's game?

How would it get into the Colts head? Oh no, the patriots have an aging receiver that's had injury problems the last few yrs? Frankly, it just reeks of silly fan stuff.

Here's your parting gift, Reggie

k2-_0f897792-2ef7-4a4a-b5ea-67dba504c140

Use it wisely, sir. 

You do have a knack for biting sarcasm ruksak. Some guys imitate it while other guys are born with it in their blood. You are obviously the latter not the former ruk. Well played sir. 

I like this joke because it reminds us all that if you play along with the joke it tends to fade away over time, but if a person gets upset over it, the joke almost reaches a martyr status forever. Embrace it & it dies. 

Its crazy to see so much hate on reggie right now, after all hes done for indy and people are acting like he didnt want to retire here his last year. i couldn't be more than happy for him that he landed an opportunity, sucks its the patriots but its not like hes leaving the colts on HIS will during his prime to go to our rival. I see it as a "last best case scenario resort" its a smart deision... and besides i really dont think he'll produce much there. Glad hes getting that paycheck

Its crazy to see so much hate on reggie right now, after all hes done for indy and people are acting like he didnt want to retire here his last year. i couldn't be more than happy for him that he landed an opportunity, sucks its the patriots but its not like hes leaving the colts on HIS will during his prime to go to our rival. I see it as a "last best case scenario resort" its a smart deision... and besides i really dont think he'll produce much there. Glad hes getting that paycheck

Bah, it's not so much hate.

But, it's kinda like "ewww gross."

But, I am sure when Reggie retires and comes back it's all hugs and kisses as normal.

Nobody should take any jokes too personally here.......

It IS the Patriots. When it involves the Patriots there will be jokes at times whether people like it or not. It's not a team we often have the warm fuzzies over.....

I actually think the Bucs new uniforms are worse (I really liked the the last uniforms they had)and Vikings. Also despite the Colts traditional uniforms I am not fond of the pasty white uniforms, I like the idea of blue uniforms with silver or chrome horseshoe

This is the best line of reasoning JPF that I have heard today regarding this move. Thank you. Reggie is no traitor to me personally, but I do understand why some fans are upset. If he was catching passes for Romo I'd be livid right now, so I get why fans who despise NE are not happy campers at this moment. 

Yeah, if playing for Manning, Brady, & Luck gets Wayne his yellow jacket faster, I'm cool with it. 

Anyone angry at Reggie for trying to get a job and finish his career on his own timetable needs to get a grip.  The Colts kicked him to the curb.  Brutally.  After he was willing to sacrifice the end of his career to help Pagano and the Colts when they were down and out 2-14.  Consider this: If he'd said NO.. and signed with New England,who WANTED him even then, he'd have another Super Bowl ring and likely would be a LOCK for the Hall of Fame and the Colts would not have had 3 11 win seasons at this point.  If you want to be angry, hate Irsay, Grigson and Pagano who are 100% to blame (and frankly we will have inferior receivers on the team instead of a Hall of Famer finishing out as a Colt who is way better than anyone not in the top 4 on our team, even when he was injured).  I hope Reggie score 4 touchdowns on us. 

Anyone angry at Reggie for trying to get a job and finish his career on his own timetable needs to get a grip.  The Colts kicked him to the curb.  Brutally.  After he was willing to sacrifice the end of his career to help Pagano and the Colts when they were down and out 2-14.  Consider this: If he'd said NO.. and signed with New England,who WANTED him even then, he'd have another Super Bowl ring and likely would be a LOCK for the Hall of Fame and the Colts would not have had 3 11 win seasons at this point.  If you want to be angry, hate Irsay, Grigson and Pagano who are 100% to blame (and frankly we will have inferior receivers on the team instead of a Hall of Famer finishing out as a Colt who is way better than anyone not in the top 4 on our team, even when he was injured).  I hope Reggie score 4 touchdowns on us. 

I think you might be the one who needs to get a grip.......

So then I guess you BLAME Reggie and hope he fails miserably? Nice and gripless. 

Not sure where I ever said this either.

I will make this clear. I love Reggie and he is one of my all time favorite players. And I wish he could have finished playing with the Colts. We did not offer him a new contract.......

I wish he was here, but at the same time I am happy with the high level of talent we have at WR as well.

He will be back someday here to retire with the Colts. 

I very much dislike the Patriots. So while he is with the Patriots I am not sure people should expect us all to clap our hands and be giddy over this either. I get he will keep playing and wants to play. I wish him great health. I know he was free to sign elsewhere. But, I don't have to be HAPPY about his new union with the Patriots.

He'll probably get released tgh. He really lost a step last season and Bill isn't shy about releasing players that would be almost entitled on other teams.

If I'm wrong then good for him. If he still has anything left then NE is the best place for him. WRs go there and apparently drink out of some fountain of youth.

Also Colts fans are classy as always.

Meh, every barrel has it's bad apples...

More than 1 Colts player had an off night vs the Patriots in recent Championship Games jbda. Even if Reggie has lost a step, so what. NE is a top tier organization & I will wish him well just like I did when Collie played briefly in Foxboro too. I just want Reggie to have a legitimate shot at a ring as his swan song & NE definitely provides that. 

Uniform changes don't phase me that much excluding Dallas of course. He will always be a Colt to me, but I am grateful that NE appreciates his stellar body of WR work over the years & they will put him in continued, productive situations.

I agree and there is no ill-will toward Reggie from me. I just don't think he is going to magically become healthy at his age. People like to use the "he wasn't healthy" excuse for last year's performance but the fact is he's just old and it's rare to become "healthy" and produce like a youngster at this point in his career.

He might win a ring with the Pats this year but I think it's more probable he gets cut or injured before that happens. Besides, the Colts are winning the SB this year...or haven't you heard? :)

At this point in his career Reggie would be our 4th-5th recievers at best.

And why do you want him to score 4 tds against us? And please don't say us...a fan doesn't root for an ex player to destroy his own team...

How would it get into the Colts head? Oh no, the patriots have an aging receiver that's had injury problems the last few yrs? Frankly, it just reeks of silly fan stuff.

Oh come on, you know what I'm driving at. Do you not think Belichick will give this man the once over concerning a variety of subjects?

And, it'll probably be fashioned in a way that Reggie might not even recognize it. That's what I'm asking you.

Just wasted 8 seconds reading this. If anything , Reggie will want to show up the team that (justifiably) gave up on him.

I'm thinking maybe it's a joke.  Nobody would have any respect for a guy that was getting paid by a team and was actually helping another team.  I guess Peyton will roll over to the Colts...

I didn't really care about him signing for the Pats, but if I understand xorrectly, when asked to give a message to Colts fans apparently he didn't have time for that. After 14 years of adoration that's all he could say? I hope I misunderstood the tweet. If not I hope he never catches a ball in the NFL again.

Some quotes from Reggie today in the Patriot's Locker room per Mike Reiss on twiiter:

Reggie Wayne says he isn't sure what number he will wear with Patriots. His No. 87 belongs to Rob Gronkowski. It’s a new place, new journey, new path, new number. .. 87 is over with.

On NE at Colts (Oct. 18): "I don’t even see that right now. Worried about today... playbook...and figure out my way around this maze."

On playing with Peyton/Luck/Brady: "Not everyone can say they've had this journey that I've had.

On Tom Brady: "One of the best to ever do it. Tom has definitely welcomed me here. It's outstanding, man."

Last year, the whole year I played injured, from Week 1 to the end. I know what I can do. I know what I’m capable of."

Impressions of NE offense is that it's unlike anything he's played in. "No comparison," he says. "That makes it even worse."

Says he had other options. “Oh yeah, there were a lot of serious calls from some good teams. Felt like this was the best place"

On relationship w/ Bill Belichick: "Pro Bowls, before games, after games, it was always mutual respect. He’s one of the best.”

Some quotes from Reggie today in the Patriot's Locker room per Mike Reiss on twiiter:

Reggie Wayne says he isn't sure what number he will wear with Patriots. His No. 87 belongs to Rob Gronkowski. It’s a new place, new journey, new path, new number. .. 87 is over with.

On NE at Colts (Oct. 18): "I don’t even see that right now. Worried about today... playbook...and figure out my way around this maze."

On playing with Peyton/Luck/Brady: "Not everyone can say they've had this journey that I've had.

On Tom Brady: "One of the best to ever do it. Tom has definitely welcomed me here. It's outstanding, man."

Last year, the whole year I played injured, from Week 1 to the end. I know what I can do. I know what I’m capable of."

Impressions of NE offense is that it's unlike anything he's played in. "No comparison," he says. "That makes it even worse."

Says he had other options. “Oh yeah, there were a lot of serious calls from some good teams. Felt like this was the best place"

On relationship w/ Bill Belichick: "Pro Bowls, before games, after games, it was always mutual respect. He’s one of the best.”

he's wearing number 15..... at least that's a plus

Glad that we signed Wayne, we will have to wait and see how it pans out.  Hopefully he will be like Branch when he came back, not a starter but a solid vet that could give the team 500-700 yards and add depth to our WR roster that is presently hurting.  He can platoon with the other WRs. 

My guess is that Wayne will be able to pick up the offense better than other vets that have come through Foxboro, and we have had more than our share of vets that have come through Foxboro.