Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie Is A Patriot...

Everyone

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andre Johnson should make up the difference. 

Let's celebrate Reggie Millers 50th instead..

Yep, Reggie Miller is a Pacer for life.  and one of the greatest to play the game too.  Loved that time where he got under even Michael Jordan's skin.

This is where the saying "it's just business" comes into play. But just because I know that, doesn't mean I feel any better.

Good luck, Wayne. But on October 18th, when the game starts, you are just another Patriot in a jersey that stands between my boys and a W.

The Colts were the ones who weren't loyal. He took less money to stay with us 3 years ago, and was flirting with the Patriots even then, before Pagano practically begged him to stay. He doesn't owe them a **** thing. I don't get the outrage

And bottoming line is this: Bellichek is the best coach, arguably of all-time. Brady is an elite QB. They may be cheaters, but those are still the facts. For an aging receiver with limited options, it was almost a no-brainer to take their offer

The Colts were the ones who weren't loyal. He took less money to stay with us 3 years ago, and was flirting with the Patriots even then, before Pagano practically begged him to stay. He doesn't owe them a **** thing. I don't get the outrage

ya but it has nothing to do with loyalty I think he is slapping the colts in the face just because we discovered he is done before he did he is in denial right now lost my respect.

granted.  but he's turned to the dark side now, regardless of past history, he's now the enemy.  

Andre signed with the Colts and Texans fans (for the most part) still respect him. What's the difference?

I was on their forums when that happened....not sure where you got that....they had numerous fans wishing injury on AJ,  haven't seen that here .......yet

I was on their forums when that happened....not sure where you got that....they had numerous fans wishing injury on AJ,  haven't seen that here .......yet

Texans fans do still have respect for Johnson. He won't be wished a long, productive season of course, but he's done way too much for the franchise for everyone to write him off completely. He'll still be a Texan for life, everyone understands that.

He NEEDED a QB that can hit him in the #`s in tight spots and on time to make him valuable. Done.

And a few more Stats to lock in an early entry to the HOF. lol

It is No Doubt  a hurl job he ends up with those cheaters. He will give it his all.

Luck was hitting him in the numbers last year and before that he was the one that couldn't catch them not lucks fault. Not to mention by playing with that injury he was no good too us and it was very selfish that he was doing it.

true but with 2 season ending injuries by WRs for 2 other superbowl teams....he should have waited. probably would have made more too.

I'm quite positive his agent has been in contact with the panthers and Packers. So it's doubtful they were offering more money

Your reaction is an outrage, Reggie gave everything to the Colts and the fans. He doesn't owe you or anyone anything

Why...because he doesn't like where Reggie signed with the patriots?  He never said Reggie owed him or anyone anything.  He's disappointed that Reggie signed with the cheaters over in New England.  I fail to see how his or any other fans disgust in that is an outrage.  It's not like he's advocated for reggie to be harmed or to burn reggie's jersey's in the streets.

Ha, very much so Cynjin. I had a feeling this would happen, it's been a very strange offseason.

I do not frequent other teams boards, but I assume there was a similar reaction to Andre signing with the Colts. Personally I wish him the best, a class guy and a great leader in the locker room. Well, all the best except when it negatively affects the Colts.

I do not frequent other teams boards, but I assume there was a similar reaction to Andre signing with the Colts. Personally I wish him the best, a class guy and a great leader in the locker room. Well, all the best except when it negatively affects the Colts.

Yeah, the initial kneejerk reaction comes first, followed shortly by denial, and after a while there will be acceptance (or as close to acceptance as one can expect, i.e. "Well, nothing I can do about it"). Exact same sentiments from Texans too I think. I don't wish Andre Johnson the best though, I am like those Colts fans hoping Wayne is a failure in NE haha

Well I had a Reggie Wayne jersey up on my wall which will be coming down until he retires now I guess lol still love the guy but can't root for him while he plays for the Patriots. Would have loved to see him go to Green Bay and get to play with Aaron Rodgers that would have been fun to see I feel like if he would have waited another week he would probably be signing with Green Bay. For those of you who say Reggie is now dead to you need to see it from Reggie eyes. Say you were working for Microsoft your whole life and they decide to let you go and Apple comes along and offers you a job would you turn it down?

To everyone throwing shade towards the people that doesn't like Reggie going to that team by Boston, relax. Its not the science of rockets to understand Reggie can sign with anyone that wants him. But, as a fan of the man, its ok for me to wish it wasn't that team by Boston.

Why...because he doesn't like where Reggie signed with the patriots?  He never said Reggie owed him or anyone anything.  He's disappointed that Reggie signed with the cheaters over in New England.  I fail to see how his or any other fans disgust in that is an outrage.  It's not like he's advocated for reggie to be harmed or to burn reggie's jersey's in the streets.

I'm totally fine with not liking where he signed but saying you lose all respect for signing with a team when he probably didn't have a lot of options isn't right.  The Colts put him in that position when they refused to resign him(which I was fine with as well). He gave his all while he was here even through injury always fighting to help the team and for you and anyone else who write him off like that for signing with the cheaters out of desperation isn't right. Just because he had a scheduled work out with the Packers doesn't mean he would have been signed. End of the day it's a business and he made a business decision.

Oh man I feel like a real nut for saying this, but if J. Nelson was going to blow his acl anyway I wish he would have done it a week before..

Not on topic, I just found out the Reggie Miller's full name is Reggie Wayne Miller. COINCIDENCE? I THINK NOT.

It's gonna look really weird seeing him in a Patriots jersey, but given how he played last year, I don't think he'll make a big mark on the team.  I think his biggest contribution will come as a mentor to their younger receivers, like Dobson

yeah the mentor thing could be big. Of course he could still be cut as happens with these type signings.

True BB has always liked him.

Nice to get a real WR that can run routes anyway :)

I'm totally fine with not liking where he signed but saying you lose all respect for signing with a team when he probably didn't have a lot of options isn't right.  The Colts put him in that position when they refused to resign him(which I was fine with as well). He gave his all while he was here even through injury always fighting to help the team and for you and anyone else who write him off like that for signing with the cheaters out of desperation isn't right. Just because he had a scheduled work out with the Packers doesn't mean he would have been signed. End of the day it's a business and he made a business decision.

I think you're missing the point, we're not losing respect for him for what he did when he was here, we're losing respect for him as a current enemy player.  Respect probably isn't the right word for this though

Good for Reggie. I hope he gets to see the field a lot. He deserves a chance to compete for a ring. Very happy he didn't go to Oakland, Jacksonville, or Cleveland.

Good ol' Oakland. Where great careers go to die! (Soon to be LA again, looks like.)

Glad to see Reggie going out on a real football team.

Interesting, I have an unconditional love of the Colts and not the individual players on the team. No one is above the team.

Misinterpretation, I love the Colts above all else. I don't want Wayne pulling off any game winning heroics against them I just don't have any ill feelings towards him.