Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rookies impressed me

RockThatBlue

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this was his mo in college, drops and fumbles, but fast when he could keep the ball, hope he can be coached up, another project pick

Any link? No because you are trolling, making things up or just uneducated or ding ding ding all the above Dorsett had 2 Fumbles 1 lost the last 2yrs

I think someone already helped you with his drop rate. Back under your bridge

You still need to chill or you can show reasons why he is a project.

He can't just trolling put him on ignore

That was one of the most uneducated post in the last few days that's saying a lot I guess he doesn't know how to use a search to find actual stats

Focusing on the positives... Dorsett was essentially the #1 WR based on the personnel that played. He got open multiple times against their top tier and that's saying something I think. Josh Robinson was fun to watch, great instincts and terrific movement. He has 'electric' written all over him. All the young D-linemen were disruptive and refused to give up anything on the ground. Geathers handled his business really well, didn't seem outmatched or out maneuvered against the 2's. Good looked good!

Duron carter was very mediocre today. But the rookies I named I think played well.

He really didn't get to do much today other than return punts, which he only exited one time I believe. They put him in the line up towards the end, but by that point Bennett was struggling to get a pass out either way.

Robinson was great.

Smith was injured.

Anderson showed flashes.

Dorsett looked pretty good.

Gaethers was mediocre to me, he was good but below average in coverage.

Herrera was pretty good.

Good impressed me aswell.

Parry looked pretty good too.

As for non-rookies, Okine, Quarles and Brown all really impressed me. Louis was meh, but I'll take it, Herremans was meh but I'd except more. Tipton was brutal, and John looked like he should never take another snap.

Zach Hodges was putting it on the Eagles right tackle.  He had a couple nice pressures even though he didn't get the sack.

Parry and Quarles made plays on the other side of the line of scrimmage looked good

We have to be better than Tipton more JR in the first half longer look at Varga in the second. How do you evaluate the OL with Tipton getting all the carries?

Sylvestre and Herrera looked good still not impressed with Muamba

What was the deal with so much of Chance and Carr in the 1st half? Staff just wanted to make sure they should go first cut?

Its hard to judge the offense QB play drops off so much after Luck.

At least we are a step closer to opening day without a big injury

I'd like to put Mwamba on the next thing smoking out of here.  He always stinks in pass coverage.

Not much project about him. Ran good routes today and caught what he was supposed to. His last year in college showed how much he had worked on his hands and concentartion. One incident is hardly something to be concerned about. So chill.

indeed....I dare say put him in a #13 uniform and he reminds me of TY out there. He has plenty of speed and the only one getting separation out there today. He was the safety blanket for luck and hassellbeck. He stood out today even though he put it on the ground I think he looks like a clear #3 receiver.

Of the rookies that played, and ģuys that is fighting for a rooster spot. Who do you guys think could help this team over take New England? Just my thought, I thought Dorsett had an outstanding game. Remember Ty, Donte, and AJ did not play and he put up 4 catches for 51 yards. And the way they played him or covered him is more encouraging than the numbers he put up. And Mr Josh Robinson is looking more and more like a game closer. Was there or is there anybody else?

Of the rookies that played, and ģuys that is fighting for a rooster spot. Who do you guys think could help this team over take New England? Just my thought, I thought Dorsett had an outstanding game. Remember Ty, Donte, and AJ did not play and he put up 4 catches for 51 yards. And the way they played him or covered him is more encouraging than the numbers he put up. And Mr Josh Robinson is looking more and more like a game closer. Was there or is there anybody else?

Dorsett clearly gave you the most to smile about he was the only one who saw major time against the Eagles number ones so not only the fact he produced but he did it against the other teams starters.  He was given an opportunity with Hilton and Moncrief not playing but he took advantage of it.  He left you feeling good for a first round pick in his first outing, more than you can say for a first round pick of the Colts in recent memory outside of Luck and Castonzo. 

I liked what I saw from Robinson but I would like to see how he does against other players higher up the depth chart. 

Smith played on special teams but was injured before he really had a chance to do anything. 

I don't recall seeing Anderson out there but that doesn't mean he wasn't I wasn't paying super close attention to the game in the second half.

Geathers seemed to handle himself well but again I would like to see him against players higher up the depth chart than what we saw today.

Parry was in the Eagles backfield all day and again I would like to see what he can do against guys higher on the depth chart but he made himself known when he was out there.

Herrera had the play of the day until Robinson's TD run. 

Good, didn't notice him which is good for a lineman.  I think he's depth though which is fine we could clearly use that on the line. 

All and all it was a very good first outing for the class of 2015!

I've been saying since early on that Good is going to be a keeper.  The dude looked massive out there.

Kinda like Bryan Mckinnie or something similar.

Same here.  I was just worried about him playing in such a small school.  that can make it tough to transfer to the pro's.   But he showed that he man's up vrs pro's quite well.  and he is still SO RAW...imagine with more exp, and coaching.....

Does anybody else think that Good could contribute at guard? He clearly has some athleticism for a large man and I love to see those big mauler types develop inside.

Maybe a little tall for the prototype but even just looking at highlights I think he offers more than some of our other interior options.

Does anybody else think that Good could contribute at guard? He clearly has some athleticism for a large man and I love to see those big mauler types develop inside.

Maybe a little tall for the prototype but even just looking at highlights I think he offers more than some of our other interior options.

He's a little to tall for interior o line for my liking.

He's a little to tall for interior o line for my liking.

That's what I was thinking but apart from possibly impeding Luck's view down the centre of the field is there any real detriment from having big guards as long as the other skills are in place.

He's not really that much taller than Herremans or Mewhort anyway.

Robinson looked great. Finally the "bowling ball" adjective fits the player. 

I've realized we've gotten infinitely better at the RB position by subtraction: 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2548521-raiders-rb-trent-richardson-ignores-huge-hole-runs-right-into-traffic

You could drive a truck through the hole on the left (the one that ol' strugglecuts didn't see) 

Same here.  I was just worried about him playing in such a small school.  that can make it tough to transfer to the pro's.   But he showed that he man's up vrs pro's quite well.  and he is still SO RAW...imagine with more exp, and coaching.....

Each OL except maybe the center is taught to play multiple positions so I would assume he's probably played some guard in practice. With that being said I think his best spot is at tackle.  Just needs to continue to improve at the position throughout

the year as he's still somewhat raw.  You can see the potential though.