Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

T-Rich not doing so well in Oakland?

PeterBowman

He's saying he had pneumonia now. Goodness. What kind of healthy person in their mid 20s gets pneumonia in August.

omg, Trent's pulling out the sick leave card, and the timing is too convenient to be true. Remember when he said he had a family emergency before the Patriots game? Does this guy not respond well to pressure? I'm sensing a trend here.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/18/trent-richardson-i-missed-walkthrough-due-to-serious-family-emergency/

Did anyone ever confirm if he did, in fact, have a family emergency, or was that never proved?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

omg, Trent's pulling out the sick leave card, and the timing is too convenient to be true. Remember when he said he had a family emergency before the Patriots game? Does this guy not respond well to pressure? I'm sensing a trend here.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/18/trent-richardson-i-missed-walkthrough-due-to-serious-family-emergency/

Did anyone ever confirm if he did, in fact, have a family emergency, or was that never proved?

i dont have any links, but the news said his girl friend was having problems giving birth

He's saying he had pneumonia now. Goodness. What kind of healthy person in their mid 20s gets pneumonia in August.

key word in that sentance is healthy.  its not uncommon for younger people to get pneumonia though

maybe he is sick

i dont have any links, but the news said his girl friend was having problems giving birth

That's a pretty flimsy excuse. His conversation with his coach probably went like...

RICHARDSON

"Yo, coach! My girlfriend is having problems giving birth. You always said family is important, so I need to leave, nao!"

PAGANO

"W-Wait, what!? Like, as in now!? What did the doctor say about her condition!?"

RICHARDSON

"I think he said she has less than a 1% chance of living."

PAGANO

"That's awful! Make haste, Richardson, and don't forget that doctor's memo."

::Several days later::

RICHARDSON

"Good news, Coach! My wife is better!"

PAGANO

"Wife? I thought she was your girlfriend."

RICHARDSON

"Details, details. Now put me back as the starter."

PAGANO

"Wait, where's the doctor's memo, and did you put on weight since we last met?"

I must admit I don't understand the need for TRich bashing among Colts fans, Grigson took a shot and it didn't work out.  Big whoop.  That being said, there wasn't anything in the OP's link that indicated TRich is not doing well in Oakland.  The Raiders set a weight goal for him and he was not at that weight at the start of camp, it took him 3 extra days to reach the weight.

I must admit I don't understand the need for TRich bashing among Colts fans, Grigson took a shot and it didn't work out.  Big whoop.  That being said, there wasn't anything in the OP's link that indicated TRich is not doing well in Oakland.  The Raiders set a weight goal for him and he was not at that weight at the start of camp, it took him 3 extra days to reach the weight.

Meh; I don't have a desire to bash him.

But he's establishing a pattern of subpar professionalism. Beyond what happened in Indy, he reports overweight (if it takes you three days at camp to make weight, you could have been at weight when you reported), he says he has pneumonia (which sounds fishy), and he missed several days of practice. It all adds up to a picture of the same old Trent Richardson.

That's the frustrating thing, when he's at playing weight you can't argue he's a physical specimen.

The issues IMO are all in between his ears.

I don't know what happened to the guy I had him on my fantasy team his rookie year. Richardson posted 51 catches, 1,317 scrimmage yards and 12 total touchdowns as a rookie.

He finished 10th among all back missing the last two games. I was stoked when we traded for him.

That changed quickly honestly it took me nearly as long as Pagano to sit him. I bought into the full training camp talk took him late the next yr. J Hill and Beckham Jr saved my butt in fantasy ball

That's the frustrating thing, when he's at playing weight you can't argue he's a physical specimen.

The issues IMO are all in between his ears.

Meh.....he was never that fast or powerful. He's muscled up but look to have a small frame.

Maybe he didn't want to get tackled on the baseball part of the field? Lol....remember when half the stadiums in the league had those in August/September? Thank goodness the multipurpose stadium era is over (with exception of OAK)

You guys are ridiculous. First of all, they are running power, which means his job is to follow the pulling guard. Second, had he cut-back he would have been creamed by #54.

Saw this on Twitter of a guy sharing a .gif of the play:

This is THE most frustrating thing about Trent Richardson. He cuts it up field that's 6 #RaiderNation pic.twitter.com/WdRNi2klCn

— Blackhanside (@blackhanside)

August 15, 2015

If he had cut back, maybe it's true he would have gotten creamed -- we'll never know -- but him running into the backs of all his o-lineman was a dead play, so may as well have gave it a shot! The hole was there. Go for it. Sometimes, the best HB's are the ones who work outside the designs of the play (ex. Barry Sanders).

You guys are ridiculous. First of all, they are running power, which means his job is to follow the pulling guard. Second, had he cut-back he would have been creamed by #54.

Any RB worth his salt knows to break the play if his judgement tells him the called block direction has forfeit and another avenue has materialized. 

Trent can bowl motherlovers over in a 1-on-1..... so I'm not sure your point about #54 is valid. Either way, you don't run willingly into a wall when you have a cut-back materialize. 

The GIF shows classic Trent blindness. Improv is one of an NFL RB's best attributes. 

Any RB worth his salt knows to break the play if his judgement tells him the called block direction has forfeit and another avenue has materialized.

Trent can bowl motherlovers over in a 1-on-1..... so I'm not sure your point about #54 is valid. Either way, you don't run willingly into a wall when you have a cut-back materialize.

The GIF shows classic Trent blindness. Improv is one of an NFL RB's best attributes.

There wasn't another avenue. This is a zoomed in screenshot that totally cuts off the fact that another LBer was in the hole.

When was the last time TRich bowled over anyone?

There wasn't another avenue. This is a zoomed in screenshot that totally cuts off the fact that another LBer was in the hole.

So your suggestion is that he should've avoided the hole (your word not mine) and instead crumpled harmlessly into the back of his lineman's calf?

You aren't a RB coach, are you? 

I have to say I agree with you here.  I believe the play was designed to follow the pulling guard.

Trent honestly doesn't have the type of agility to make a succesful cut back on that one and there

is indeed a LB sitting right over top of that hole. Hole looks huge, but by the time Richardson would

attempt the cut back I think it would have closed on him.

Trent-Richardson-Knocking-Eagles-Player-

Power has never been his downside. Rookie year, yes. But this RB has some wood in his shed. No vision, no instinct, but power, he has.

Meh, the guy gets stood up by one defender all the time. He's sluggish RB with no power or vision.

So your suggestion is that he should've avoided the hole (your word not mine) and instead crumpled harmlessly into the back of his lineman's calf?

You aren't a RB coach, are you?

There is no hole.

https://twitter.com/rolltidehaywood/status/632990631640584192

There's literally 2 linebackers to hit him for a loss there. The play was dead in the water regardless.

The RB is required to run behind the pulling guard on every power play. Football 101.

Please learn basic football and get back to me. I can recommend you some books if you want me too.