Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

T-Rich not doing so well in Oakland?

PeterBowman

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will freely acknowledge that I liked this Grigson trade initially. I won't lie about that. Then, after TR played lights out against the 49ers, his darn wheels fell off & both his feet & vision sucked until INDY finally released him. 

Maybe our o-line didn't create the best holes in front of him, but Bradshaw was productive behind the same line & TR simply wasn't. I'm not blaming you Gavin, but like ruksak said TR was given plenty of time to improve & he just didn't or couldn't. I don't know which TBH with you. 

I didn't like the trade from the start

Hey, if someone hires me to do a job and I don't even come close to performing acceptably, I don't blame my boss for giving me a shot. 

Good point ruksak. Some of the things TR said after INDY cut him royally ticked me off. Look man, I get that no one likes being given the boot [getting fired], but darn it stop criticizing Grigs for giving you a great opportunity that you squandered TR. That's not Ryan's fault man, we did you a huge favor by removing you from basement irrelevancy [browns] & putting you on an elite roster [Colts]. 

It's not Ryan's fault that you didn't do enough to remain on the team TR. 

I didn't like the trade from the start

You were a smarter man than I was Gavin, which doesn't mean much. That's a comic slam on me not you BTW.  haha

I also severely under estimated Seattle's defense in the 2013 SB loss too, which you also called correctly too Gavin. That's not an indictment on Peyton Manning either. I just thought Denver's o-line was gonna protect #18 better & give him better protection in the pocket, but I digress. Darn, I thought the Broncos were going to dominate that game. Crap. Yeah I know, I've gotta move on. I'm trying man; I'm trying but it's not easy. 

Didn't he say he would be the next Marshawn Lynche? How can a guy aspiring to be a "beast" fail a simple conditioning test? A shameful display.

He made a whole stink about never being dropped again and becoming the next great running back. He did compare his situatio to that of Lymch. Blamed a lot on the Colts and Grigson too. Definition of bust.

Sad thing about that whole mess; If Girgson passes on that trade, he is made to look brilliant by just simply passing up a trade offer. I typically like GM's who take chances, this time, the bet was in err. It happens, and I assume Grigs maybe learned to temper his trigger finger a bit more in the future. 

I was still supporting Trent up until the 2014 playoffs. That's when the wheels came flying off that deal. It was like watching a long, slow train wreck with a sudden deathly explosion at the end. 

Yeah, but we needed a back bad with Bradshaw's injury & lingering foot ailments though. I'll agree that a 1st round draft pick was too steep of a price to pay in hindsight on a mediocre back that's true.

Your last sentence analogy of a long, slow train wreck is apropo or fitting when descrbing TR's implosion in INDY. High expectations meets grim reality & bitter disappointment ruksak. Well said. 

We know, you remind everyone quite often.

BpG is a Browns fans he/she has to amuse themselves somehow, Coming from a Cubs fan (Myself) I know what its like having hope every year yet deep down knowing that my hope will be in vain and my team (again Cubs) will fall short of the playoffs year after year after year......Such is the life of a Browns fan as well. I feel BPG's pain and reason for verbal taunts, Browns games like Cubs games are just to painful to watch sometimes, They really are the NFL's version of the "Loveable Losers"

Remember when I came here trying to tell people he didn't have good field vision? I posted screen shots and videos and I was a "troll".

Homers gonna homer. 

We should have listened to you, BpG. I would have agreed with you, but Trent paid me off. No seriously. I'd show you his text, but he destroyed my cellphone.

Remember when I came here trying to tell people he didn't have good field vision? I posted screen shots and videos and I was a "troll".

Homers gonna homer.

Damn, if everyone would've just listened to you none of this would've...ever happened?

Trent Richardson - RB - Raiders

Raiders placed RB Trent Richardson on the active/NFI list.

No explanation has been given yet, but we should get details soon. It seems likely Richardson failed to pass his conditioning test. The San Francisco Chronicle recently passed along "whispers" that the Raiders' flyer on T-Rich is "not going so well." Richardson appears to be squarely on the roster bubble.

If he fails with the raiders he might as well just retire because nobody will sign him again. At least its highly doubtful.

Homers gonna homer.

Got some cookies with your name on them, you'll love them, they're made by Troll House.

[snip] I hope he goes broke and ends up delivering packages for Fed EX by next summer (I'm sure the packages will not end up at their proper destination). 

That FedEx gig should work out fine for him as long as he can park the truck within 3.3 yards of the customer's porch. Otherwise, not so much.

That FedEx gig should work out fine for him as long as he can park the truck within 3.3 yards of the customer's porch. Otherwise, not so much.

That's 9.9 yards every three attempts. Not good enough. His FedEx refs will call him out on that every time. At FedEx, they don't cut corners, except throwing packages over fences.

Raiders coach Jack Del Rio confirmed Trent Richardson is on the active/NFI list and not practicing because he reported overweight.

Or, at least over the weight threshold the Raiders set for T-Rich before training camp. "Trent is here," Del Rio said. "He came back very close to the weight, which was a pretty ambitious goal to get to. He’s down in the low 220s. That’s what we asked of him. That’s where he was." Richardson has missed the first three days of camp. He's seen as 50-50 to make the roster.

I predicted it at an actual forum in 45 BC. 

Well I painted my prediction on a cave wall in France about 17 and a half thousand years ago....

cave_painting_by_daggerwrist.png

Here we see my depiction of TRich failing to find the gap behind his O-Line... with the LT literally falling to his knees in disbelief at the inept running. 

Well I painted my prediction on a cave wall in France about 17 and a half thousand years ago....

cave_painting_by_daggerwrist.png

Here we see my depiction of TRich failing to find the gap behind his O-Line... with the LT literally falling to his knees in disbelief at the inept running. 

Ummmmmm....ermmmm......AH HA

When I first predicted Trent's failure, it made such a rumble that the Big Bang occurred, and out from it shot all the necessary elements to create the universe. Everything shot out over billions of light years in distance. Trent shot out for approx 3.3 yards. 

Your move. 

PS; For those who have never seen the film (and for those who like 'boring' docs), I highly suggest watching Cave Of Forgotten Dreams. Absolutely fascinating. 

When I first predicted Trent's failure, it made such a rumble that the Big Bang occurred, and out from it shot all the necessary elements to create the universe. Everything shot out over billions of light years in distance. Trent shot out for approx 3.3 yards. 

Your move. 

53768814.jpg