Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts receive a joke rating of only fourth in WR depth in nfl

12isthenew18

For the time being I think that's pretty fair actually. 4th is quite good. At WR we have 2 proven guys and 3 young guys that look like they're going to be a really fantastic group but haven't proved it yet. Rankings are just rankings for now, we gotta see them put it on the field. 

As much as we'll like to think Dorsett and Carter are going to do well this next year, they are rookies and have yet to play a snap in the NFL.  Can only really speculate.  I personally believe they will be fine and create alot of mismatches, but until proven the rest of the NFL are not going to rank them higher than what they really are....rookies.

For the time being I think that's pretty fair actually. 4th is quite good. At WR we have 2 proven guys and 3 young guys that look like they're going to be a really fantastic group but haven't proved it yet. Rankings are just rankings for now, we gotta see them put it on the field. 

Yeah, it's actually pretty ambitious. They have us ahead of Denver and Atlanta, which is arguable, and behind only Detroit (Johnson and Tate), Pittsburgh (Brown, Bryant, Wheaton, Coates), and Green Bay (Nelson, Cobb, Adams, Montgomery). I don't see what's so wrong with 4th. You could argue 6th, IMO.

Aside from starting a conversation during a slow time, who really cares what any of these bloggers and writers have to say

No one knows what 2015 will bring about anything, there are too many variables

So thanks for giving us something to write about but I wouldn't lose a second of sleep over this nonsense

I think that is accurate including the playoffs and rushing td's

"Quarterback Andrew Luck, who led the NFL with 49 touchdown passes in 2014..."

I'm leaning more towards rushed writing and bad editing. I've always wondered why Bleacher Report gets such a bad wrap on this forum, but little oversights like this help to clear things up.

Yeah, pretty bad article. The Steelers are above us for basically one player and the Lions for two. the Seahawks had one of the worst last year and added a mid round rookie and a TE and now they're high on the list, the Jets with Marshall, Decker, Kerley are ranked as one of the worst, etc. no stock into this article.

It's a bad article, but I don't necessarily disagree with being ranked #4. I agree with the Packers and Steelers rankings as #1 and #2. I don't like Detroit being ranked ahead of us, but an argument can be made for either Denver or Atlanta, or both. So, overall, #4 is about right. 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2486597-power-ranking-nfl-receiver-depth-charts

Hope the writer gets the business for some nonsense like this

1. First off, who cares?

2. Secondly, there is absolutely nothing unreasonable about that article or the Colts' ranking.  In fact a perferct rational argument could be they are overly ranked given the relative inexperience of Moncrief, Carter and Dorsett & the advancing years of AJ - who knows how much he has left.

3. Lastly, see point # 1

"Quarterback Andrew Luck, who led the NFL with 49 touchdown passes in 2014..."

I'm leaning more towards rushed writing and bad editing. I've always wondered why Bleacher Report gets such a bad wrap on this forum, but little oversights like this help to clear things up.

Yeah I didn't even bother reading the article obviously. He did have 46 combined rushing and passing including the playoffs.

Since when is being ranked 4th out of 32 such a terrible insult?

Lots of good posts in this thread that basically sum it up....  

-- 4th is fine for now until we prove it.

-- We may be higher after this season.

-- Who cares?

Do I agree with the list?     No.    But no reason to get bent out of shape.....

Since when is being ranked 4th out of 32 such a terrible insult?

Lots of good posts in this thread that basically sum it up....

-- 4th is fine for now until we prove it.

-- We may be higher after this season.

-- Who cares?

Do I agree with the list? No. But no reason to get bent out of shape.....

10000231-00-00-00-00_lg.png

LOL. I don't care what anybody says. We have the best receiving corps in the league. And it'll be the best in the league all throughout the season too. This list is just wrong to put it simply. Whoever wrote this needs to be demoted to janitor at the ole BR. haha ... The entire list is just wrong, not just us being at 4. The entire list is awful.  We're gonna have a number 4 WR who would be a number 2 on most other teams in the NFL. Andre Johnson, TY Hilton, Dontae Moncrief, Phillip Dorsett, and Duron Carter is all I have to say!!!!!

If jimmy graham counts for seattle  then fleener and allen should for us

Yeah seriously man. But everybody's all in love with the Seahawks you know. You'd think they're a NY team the way the media acts over them. I don't understand why they didn't draft a big physical type WR. They may be hoping Mathews's performance in the SB wasn't a fluke, but they should have drafted a guy like Jalen Strong instead of another smaller type guy. They need a big 6'3 beast. They have a bunch of number 2 and 3's on their roster. Baldwin's good. Not great, but pretty good. Then Kearse who would be a good number 3 or 4 receiver on most other teams, Lockett will be good IMO, but then they have a bunch of question marks. Richardson? Mathews looked good but is he gonna be the answer? I mean you could basically say they have a pretty good WR in Baldwin, a draft pick who should be good, Mathews who knows, then a bunch of mediocrity.

Wow. GB at 1? I would have Detroit and Atlanta in the top 2. Jets should be much higher as well.

I think with a list like this you have to take the QB into account which I think they must have with GB but not the other teams. If you take QBs into account than the list is GB, Pats, Colts in any order you like.

Wow. GB at 1? I would have Detroit and Atlanta in the top 2. Jets should be much higher as well.

I think with a list like this you have to take the QB into account which I think they must have with GB but not the other teams. If you take QBs into account than the list is GB, Pats, Colts in any order you like.

Pats may not have a QB for 4 games

..that knocks them down a bit