Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I got a weird FEELING

Horse Shoe Heaven

That the filling of positions of need with a combination of re-signing and free agent players, is leading to the Colts trading up to get Collins the safety out of Alabama with our 1st pick in the draft. Just a feeling!

I wouldn't mind that a bit.  My only concern is that he was banged up a bit at the end of the year.  Bama seems to be hard on players.

That the filling of positions of need with a combination of re-signing and free agent players, is leading to the Colts trading up to get Collins the safety out of Alabama with our 1st pick in the draft. Just a feeling!

Do you have a link to your source...Oh wait, never mind. I was just used to asking this since 4pm yesterday.

You will get over it.

OT, DT, CB, ILB before a safety.

I think we are going to be holding on to our picks and maybe stocking up for more in next years draft.

I think you will see 1-3 more FAs this year (NT, DE). Maybe a safety.

The future draft strategy to develop some future stars to replace some of these FAs When they retire

We could still get a needed starting ILB in this draft to compliment the FAs

I think we are now set at

OL, WR, TE, Special Teams, CBs, QB

Collins is good, but not worth moving up for IMO. If we move up to get a Safety I think it will be next season when Jalen Ramsey, FSU enters the Draft early. (if he enters the draft early)

You know I've read and then it's been repeated on this forum as if it's a fact, that this year's draft is weak at safety.  But I disagree, I don't think there are any superstars in this class(of course I could be wrong) but I think there are a lot of safeties that are solid football players... the compare to one of the Colts own, a lot of Mike Adams type of safeties,

I think Grigson will pickup a NT with the 1st round pick.  Then S with #2.  I wouldn't mind trading our 4th or even 3rd to move up with either spot in order to obtain an elite player at either position.  Before FA started I was thinking RT was a big need with Cherilus being questionable, but I truly believe we should give him 1 more season, especially since we filled the need at G

If TR hasn't put a bad taste in your mouth from Bama players I don't know what will or who will...

Trent is just one player from a school that's basically an NFL factory.

Look how well Ha Ha Clinton-Dix played last year as a rookie, immediate starter and contributor in the Packers secondary. Eddie Lacey was offensive ROY his first season. Julio Jones is stupid good. Joe Namath went to 'Bama, some people think he was pretty good.

The Trent trade/experiment is over and done with, nothing can be done to change it at this point. Colts fans that are holding on to bitterness about it just need to get over it.

Its impossible to figure out what will happen in the draft...if we thought FA was crazy just you wait...just wait...people moving all over the board and trades...people falling....going early. I expect us to look on the defensive side of the ball first with eyes on DL, S, and ILB. I also expect looks at OG/OT, a value rb and wr later in the draft. No particular order...bpa at positions of need. I don't have any feelings but good ones so far. We aren't one position away from a championship...we have needs to get better and deeper in several areas and the best players at those positions will be who we likely take/target.