Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

REPORT: Adrian Peterson Gives Vikings 5-Team Trade Wish List (Colts listed)

Dustin

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it wouldn't, nor would it be meant to.

my point it, I think we'd be investing far too much for a 30 yr running back that comes with a huge price tag, roughly 15 to 20 million? Yeah its AP, but I think we have too many holes holding us back.

my point it, I think we'd be investing far too much for a 30 yr running back that comes with a huge price tag, roughly 15 to 20 million? Yeah its AP, but I think we have too many holes holding us back.

Not sure where you get that figure from.

I'm not excited about the prospect, so I get that. But I don't think adding AP would prevent us from upgrading other areas of the team. 

Not sure where you get that figure from.

I'm not excited about the prospect, so I get that. But I don't think adding AP would prevent us from upgrading other areas of the team.

I was listening to 1010 this morning and they mentioned AP was due a 16 million dollar contract plus 4 mil bonus for 2105 if he played with Vikings, at least thats what I thought they said.

I was listening to 1010 this morning and they mentioned AP was due a 16 million dollar contract plus 4 mil bonus for 2105 if he played with Vikings, at least thats what I thought they said.

I always thought AD wasn't human and if he's still playing in 2105 I think it'd safe to say I was right.

He's due $13m in salary, as his contract currently stands. So those numbers are way off. His cap hit, if he stays with the Vikings with no restructure, is $15.4m, but if he's traded, they have a cap penalty of $2.4m, and the other $13m goes to his new team.

Of course, the article in the OP says he'd be willing to restructure if he's traded to any of these five teams named. So the $13m is probably irrelevant also. 

He's due $13m in salary, as his contract currently stands. So those numbers are way off. His cap hit, if he stays with the Vikings with no restructure, is $15.4m, but if he's traded, they have a cap penalty of $2.4m, and the other $13m goes to his new team.

Of course, the article in the OP says he'd be willing to restructure if he's traded to any of these five teams named. So the $13m is probably irrelevant also.

Gotcha. Still what would you pay for a 30 yr old RB?

Why the hell would he wanna go to TB lol

I wondered the same thing, but I'm guessing he see's them as a team on the rise since they're getting Winston. He probably thinks him running the ball and Winston at QB could turn Tampa around into a playoff contender.

It would have to be a team on the cusp of a Superbowl with enough cap room. Dallas can't even afford to pay Murray, and what ever the cost would be on AP's contract would exceed whatever they would have to pay for Murray so they're out.

I like Arizona a lot, but they're releasing guys like Dockett to save cap room so they're out.

San Diego works because they have the cap room and could be a legit Superbowl contender depending on how their off-season goes.

I don't see Tampa Bay because they are years away from being a contender

Don't see Colts as an option because they'll be stretched for cap room this and next off-season because of who they might sign and who they'll have to give new contracts to.

I agree 100% with this post Defjam26. AP would be perfect in San Diego with Philip Rivers an instant playoff team. I don't like him for INDY given his age & that AP looks for contact vs avoiding it on most of his runs. 

If it involves trading T-Rich, than ok. 

Don't give up any draft picks. 

Preach Lolly preach! Draft picks are too valuable to give up on a seasoned back. No matter how incredible AP is. 

true but I'd rather go to the jags then TB honestly

why?  the bucs actually have some decent talent on the roster and tampa is a much cooler city than jville. ive spent time in both cites and tampa wins hands down

Being whipped as a small child until you are welting and bleeding, including your boy parts, while your mouth is gagged...is not tough parenting....it is abuse and torture to a wee one. The fact that he has had no contrition, only stating that was the way he was raised and he did what he has learned, is disturbing, revealing, and indicative of a lack of accountability.  

I seriously hope that the Colts front office makes no attempt to sign this player. 

Could you imagine if the Colts got AP and Andre Johnson or Brandon Marshall. Man I would flip.

Could you imagine we get them both for "the right price", only they both turn out to be shells of their former selves... Man I would flip.

We need to spend our money on defense, so that we can show that those jerks in New England aren't who everybody thinks they are. I don't know about you guys, but I am sick and tired of being pushed around by those posers. Don't worry about the offense, as long as 12 is on our side, our offense will do great things. We need to add some nastiness on defense, guys who won't be pushed around. Enough is enough. It's time to take it to the Patriots, and show them what it REALLY takes to be champions.