Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have agreed to terms with CFL wide receiver Duron Carter (confirmed)

scooter4910

Kevin Bowen @KBowenColts
by Colts
The @Colts have agreed to terms with CFL wide receiver Duron Carter (6-5, 205 pounds), the son of NFL Hall of Fame receiver Cris Carter.

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Colts-Agree-To-Terms-With-CFL-Wide-Receiver-Duron-Carter-Son-Of-Hall-Of-Famer-Cris-Carter/244ac161-b434-4196-b3db-caa0f45a62d3

Edited by Superman
added link to article

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe how excited so many fans/posters are about Carter.

This is what is being written by those who know football:

"Carter (6-foot-4, 205) is being talked about like a potential future star, but we really need to scale back expectations. It's extremely unusual for top-flight prospects to spend two years in Canada, even if they have off-field issues like Carter. (Carter isn't a top-flight prospect.)..."

"Carter (6-foot-4, 205) is being talked about like a potential future star, but we really need to scale back expectations. It's extremely unusual for top-flight prospects to spend two years in Canada, even if they have off-field issues like Carter. (Carter isn't a top-flight prospect.)..."

I think your putting too much into comments. Most are taking a wait and see attitude. We are all aware of his issues.

So a rotoworld report written by someone who doesn't even put their name to it is a guy who "knows football"?

Warren Moon, Joe Theisman, Camaron Wake.

This is gr8. No risk with high potential.

I'm no contract expert but I'm guessing 3 years and about $1.5 mil total and maybe $150-200k signing bonus.

Bargain for a #3-#4 wr with potential.

I believe his contract is limited to something like that. I believe it's a UDFA contract, with limitations on total value, years and signing bonus. I think the only room for special consideration is guaranteed money.

I just searched for contract terms, and nothing yet. It's too early.

Great Players with CFL ties

There are enough CFL to NFL success stories already. We can completely dismiss that angle. It's not a detriment, nor is it a referendum on his talent.

We all know why he went to the CFL. He stayed there two years because he signed a two year contract. There are no questions about his talent or ability on the field. The questions are entirely about what happens off the field and between the ears, and those questions have nothing to do with him being the CFL, or how long he was in the CFL.

For what it's worth, at the bottom of the article on the homepage talking about Carter agreeing to terms, there is a tweet from somebody saying teammate Ocho Cinco says Carter is definitely has #1 WR potential now!  I think some people are blowing this signing out of proportion, but I do like it, especially with a minimum contract. 

Now all we need is a couple big men up front and I don't see how this offense can be stopped!

There are enough CFL to NFL success stories already. We can completely dismiss that angle. It's not a detriment, nor is it a referendum on his talent.

We all know why he went to the CFL. He stayed there two years because he signed a two year contract. There are no questions about his talent or ability on the field. The questions are entirely about what happens off the field and between the ears, and those questions have nothing to do with him being the CFL, or how long he was in the CFL.

Agreed