Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What are the expectations for the Colts in 2015?

SilentHill

For me, It's Superbowl or bust.

No more of this crap where we're just happy the Colts made it to the divisional round of the playoffs, or happy that we "overachieved" and made it to the AFC Championship game.

Next year is our year, next year we must win the Superbowl, everything else is a complete and utter failure.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No more of this crap where we're just happy the Colts made it to the divisional round of the playoffs, or happy that we "overachieved" and made it to the AFC Championship game.

Next year is our year, next year we must win the Superbowl, everything else is a complete and utter failure.

And if we don't? I mean personally, for you.

My life will go on, I'll still be a Colts fan.

I think that's always the mind set

I think it's time to start talking Super Bowl.  This year, my expectation was make it to the AFCCG and they did.  We got blown out, but they made it there.  I think we can start talking Super Bowl now.  Expectations need to go up, standards need to go up, we need a really good offseason in terms of free agency and the draft.  I don't think we're as far away from the Super Bowl as people think.

Next year, I expect us to get one of the top 2 seeds in the AFC and make it to the Super Bowl (or at the very least make the AFCCG very close and competitive).  11-5 seasons are great, but we need to break through that 11 win ceiling and get to 12 or 13 wins

I think it's time to start talking Super Bowl.  This year, my expectation was make it to the AFCCG and they did.  We got blown out, but they made it there.  I think we can start talking Super Bowl now.  Expectations need to go up, standards need to go up, we need a really good offseason in terms of free agency and the draft.  I don't think we're as far away from the Super Bowl as people think.

Next year, I expect us to get one of the top 2 seeds in the AFC and make it to the Super Bowl (or at the very least make the AFCCG very close and competitive).  11-5 seasons are great, but we need to break through that 11 win ceiling and get to 12 or 13 wins

That's the same boat that I am in.

Year four it all needs to come together. Hopefully Grigs gives us the few pieces we are lacking

I don't think that represents many people on this site.

Next year will be the toughest schedule this team has had in the Luck era. We have to go up against some good QB's. Brady, Brees, Big Ben, Ryan, Cam, Tannehill, and possibly Manning. We also have the Texans 2x and Rex Ryan will make things tough on Luck. That's 10 games that could go either way and the Colts usually don't play good against good QB's.

I think the winner of the AFC South will win 9 games, there's just too many good QB's on the schedule. I also don't think we'll sweep the division again. My expectations aren't very high for this team, I expect them to take a step back next year. 

Ah, that is always the team's mindset, but not the posters here. A lot of people were just happy to make the AFC championship game this season.

Oh I see, you're drawing a line in the sand.  What are you going to do or say if the Colts don't win the superbowl next year?

My expectations for the team in 2015 are not important. Irsay's expectations are.

I think Irsay will want to see a better run game, a better O-line, and a better defense. If not, I think after next year we will see many changes in coaching/GM. Luck can protect jobs only for so long.

I think its time for Grigson to take us to the next level, he needs to nail this draft like he did with the Luck draft, a few FA signings. This team is maturing and getting better, (except against the pats lol). I Think we make the AFCC game again next year except with a bye this time and we will at least give the Pats a run for there money. Realistically if Grigson can have two solid drafts and two solid FAs, lock up Luck, Hilton and few others to contracts, then within 3 years we should be the team to beat in the AFC

I think 11-5 and a wild card win is probably the expectation. This squad is in a sorta of talent purgatory. Better than most of the NFL, but the top 5 teams are clearly better. The last two years there has been 3 games each season where this was clear. What I don't understand is how they have won games against good teams (GB year one, Seattle year 2, SF year 2, Denver x2), but just can't compete other times (Cardinals last year, Cowboys, Patriots x4, Steelers, Bengals last year)?

Is it the result of teams having enough info to game plan better? 

The Texans have a very good coach and maybe a better overall roster right now. If they ever get any kind of consistent QB play we could be in trouble. The Colts as of right now are pretenders. That could change, lets see what they do to get better. They are not a SB team right now.

Well that's just ridiculous.  But let's say the Colts do win the SB next year...then what are the expectations after that?  A SB every year or any year that doesn't end with a SB win is a complete and utter failure?

Unless Houston finds a QB, we should still be able to win the division.  If Manning retires or fails to return to form, on a given day, outside of New England, we can beat any of the other potential playoff teams - Cincinnati, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, SD, KC, etc.  Of course, on a given day, we could also go one and done against any of them.  New England?  I'm afraid the only way we get past them is if they suffer a rash of injuries or someone else beats them.  This team isn't quite Super Bowl or bust material. 

lmao

Next year, If we don`t change D -coordinator and O-Line coach more of the same. Maybe the playoffs and 1 playoff win if our opponent is decimated by injury, again.

Well that's just ridiculous.  But let's say the Colts do win the SB next year...then what are the expectations after that?  A SB every year or any year that doesn't end with a SB win is a complete and utter failure?

Much like the Manning years, yes.