Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Bengals predictions

RockThatBlue

I don't think it is going to be that close. 31-17 Indy.

I don't think the Bengals can score with us and I think we come out ready to play on Sunday. We are healthy on D and TY will be running around again. I think we will have some happy folks on the board Sunday night. TY hasn't played since we clinched the division.

Depends on which of these two Jekyll and Hyde teams show up. Undecided. I'll just watch and hope for the best....

You hit that squarely on the head. We all know the Colts. The Bengals are even more strange. They get hammered at home against Cleveland early on...beat the Ravens twice...get slaughtered by the Colts, Pats, and Pitt. Now, they finish the season by *-pounding the Browns at Cleveland....beat the Broncos by 9.....and gave the Steelers more than they wanted last week in Pitt. with Green fumbling at the Pitt. 32 with under 4:00 to play, only down by three.

Went against your own team.

Always will if I feel it's a good bet. Besides, if the Colts win by 3 or less, I'm happy both ways. If the Colts win by more than 3, I'll still be happy and just chalk it up to a lost bet. If the Bengals beat us, well, the pain will be a little less.  ;)

No score. But, I did notice that the Colts only lost this year when it was a later game.

And this game is early.

So I guess Colts win.

I look at a great many angles each week but I didn't realize this one! I may have to hedge!!  :)

I look at a great many angles each week but I didn't realize this one! I may have to hedge!!  :)

No score. But, I did notice that the Colts only lost this year when it was a later game.

And this game is early.

So I guess Colts win.

The later games are usually against tougher competition.  :peek:

I think we are going to see a much more motivated Bengal team this time around. I think that it's going to be close game. Being an optimistic Colts fan Im going to say 21-17 Colts. My fear is that the following scenario may play out: Colts come in overly confident due to their domination of the Bengals 2 months ago, come out flat and fall behind early. This could lead to throwing every down and forcing Andrew Luck into a couple of turnorvers. I would hope this will not happen.

I look at a great many angles each week but I didn't realize this one! I may have to hedge!! :)

Yup. This goes way back to the Manning era. If we play at 1pm. We win. Period. I think it has something to do with energy or something. Not so much the personnel because this holds true with different teams and spans over a long period of time. A betting man has to have noticed this already.

Yup. This goes way back to the Manning era. If we play at 1pm. We win. Period. I think it has something to do with energy or something. Not so much the personnel because this holds true with different teams and spans over a long period of time. A betting man has to have noticed this already.

This one didn't but I'm not hedging my bet either.

someone earlier in the thread sayd It best, depends which teams show up. We were crushing teams early then after getting blasted by Pit and Ne we seem to have lost something. Cin is even more odd getting killed by bad teams and also killing good teams up and down all season. not sure

I think we are going to see a much more motivated Bengal team this time around. I think that it's going to be close game. Being an optimistic Colts fan Im going to say 21-17 Colts. My fear is that the following scenario may play out: Colts come in overly confident due to their domination of the Bengals 2 months ago, come out flat and fall behind early. This could lead to throwing every down and forcing Andrew Luck into a couple of turnorvers. I would hope this will not happen.

Yep, the fall behind early thing drives me nuts, and I have a feeling it happens once again. Colts are like a Rocky fight- get the hell knocked out of you for a couple rounds and then get those key important blows in later in the fight that ultimately win it...

Always will if I feel it's a good bet. Besides, if the Colts win by 3 or less, I'm happy both ways. If the Colts win by more than 3, I'll still be happy and just chalk it up to a lost bet. If the Bengals beat us, well, the pain will be a little less.  ;)

trashcan_zpsf3d0543e.jpg

Colts 34

Bengals 24

LOL.....just cracking on your bet Hammer. :)

We have a lot of fun with those bets. 4 old Colts fans (163 combined yrs.) all throw a little money in the pot at the beginning of the season and have our own little game. We use the Vegas odds. After 10 yrs., nobody has lost more than $100.00 in the whole season. We then throw in a little more if we have to and lose it all on one bet in the playoffs. Maybe tomorrow we'll get lucky and lose it all! ;)