Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Johnny Bust?

RockThatBlue

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He will go through the ups and downs of being a rookie, The kid has a shot however, Its about how much information he can retain and reacting positively under pressure more often then not. That is how a QB remains a starter in the league more then any other way. Crack under pressure? your done, move the chains and throw in a big play a little then he should continue to keep the job, Not every QB will be a Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers. I personally want to see him succeed at this point...But not at the expense of my Colts

He will go through the ups and downs of being a rookie, The kid has a shot however, Its about how much information he can retain and reacting positively under pressure more often then not. That is how a QB remains a starter in the league more then any other way. Crack under pressure? your done, move the chains and throw in a big play a little then he should continue to keep the job, Not every QB will be a Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers. I personally want to see him succeed at this point...But not at the expense of my Colts

I think he could be kind of a clone of Russell Wilson. About the same size, Manziel will more than likely use his legs quite a bit like Wilson.

Manziel is basically a Russell Wilson clone. He can run well, throw on the run well and make smart decisions with the ball. I don't see him being a stat mongrel, but I think he can be a very good qb. His attitude seems to have improved, he himself says he's learned a lot from sitting on the bench this year. I want to see him go out there and have a big game. If the Browns defense is as good as it was against us, I see Johnny Football making this a close game. He's got to be better than Hoyer.

He was pretty good throwing on the run in college.

With all due respect there were a lot of QBs who could throw very good in collage but that was against collage players. Whole different beast in the pros. He is not very big so that will play into the factor. We will wait and see. He don't play for the Colts and he is in the AFC so I hope he is a bust. Sorry, I have never cared for arrogant rich kids who  are catered to.

With all due respect there were a lot of QBs who could throw very good in collage but that was against collage players. Whole different beast in the pros. He is not very big so that will play into the factor. We will wait and see. He don't play for the Colts and he is in the AFC so I hope he is a bust. Sorry, I have never cared for arrogant rich kids who  are catered to.

What is a collage player? Is that like a COLLEGE football player who is an art major? Why do you not like rich kids? Because they gotta go to them fancy schools where the teachers taught them to write and read real good?

What is a collage player? Is that like a COLLEGE football player who is an art major? Why do you not like rich kids? Because they gotta go to them fancy schools where the teachers taught them to write and read real good?

I stated my opinion. I am sorry if you got your panties ruffled. That's a real cute comment from you. It's fitting.

I think lil Johnny will be exciting until he takes a hit from a 350 lb NT or a 256 lb that sends him into star gazing.  I would love to see the game against the Bengals.  I do not care for Johnny, but like Flutie I always kept my eye out for danger.  Never call someone a bust...before they BUST your chops :)

Hey, he has played only a few snaps yet, isn't it early to print ready-to-use 'BUST' labels???

It is....but I do think he's a very likely injury casualty, and with his style of play that would spell huge trouble.

We'll see if the Wilson comparisons have merit. I'm not holding my breath.

I think lil Johnny will be exciting until he takes a hit from a 350 lb NT or a 256 lb that sends him into star gazing.  I would love to see the game against the Bengals.  I do not care for Johnny, but like Flutie I always kept my eye out for danger.  Never call someone a bust...before they BUST your chops :)

Could be the end for Johnny Mouthball ! :spit:

I really have no idea what to expect this weekend. It will be interesting to see what Johnny does, not to mention there are other  storylines this weekend.

I would normally give the edge to Cleveland since they are at home, and they beat the Bengals earlier in the season 24-3.

I think the Browns may take this one, but I am pulling for Cincinnati, and our hometown boy Nugent (kicker) who sadly lost his father unexpectedly on Monday.   He was laid to rest this morning.    

Kick the winning FG for your dad, Mike. 

People here are way to high on wilson

Not sure why in the world you'd think that?     What's not to be high on?

The kid is a flat-out winner.    Has been since he arrived in the NFL and has started from Day One.

Won a Super Bowl.    Yes, yes, I know....   his defense and running game were the main reasons,  I've made the same argument myself.    But it's not like Wilson was Trent Dilfer and was just along for the ride.    Wilson is a key player for Seattle.   A big reason why they keep winning.

Just curious as to ask if people here think he will be a bust or a good player? Sunday is his first start for the browns.

Curiously, I think he can at least have some initial success.  Her will also make the rookie mistake(s) in there too.  His job is to get better before the tape and book on stopping him is constructed.  I think hee would be wise to follow the path of Russel Wilson in his game development.  But he doesn't have a Beast Mode to get a lot of carries.    It will take a pro with serious commitment and effort (like Wilson puts in).  If Johnny Football is more interested in 'his brand' exhaustive preparation each day/week, then he will fail in short order.