Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Offensive line experiment

chad hugo

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah guess I'm the only one that can't forget opposing Ds literally manhandling Shipley out of the way hell Kruger just did it today!

Most of the pressures I saw today after HE AND HOLMES came in was from the ends. Didn't see a lot up the middle after that. I'm sure there was some but just not as much

oh yes and Shipley getting smashed and literally not stopping players like Kruger from killing luck right from the snap is better?? Get out of here

No, you get out of here. And take Harrison and his bad snaps with you. His bad snaps are gonna get Andrew demolished like Colt McCoy did on the bad snap today against the Rams

But since you think it's funny that Shipley is better, maybe you should chip in on the medical bill Andrew will have with Harrison at C

No, you get out of here. And take Harrison and his bad snaps with you. His bad snaps are gonna get Andrew demolished like Colt McCoy did on the bad snap today against the Rams

But since you think it's funny that Shipley is better, maybe you should chip in on the medical bill Andrew will have with Harrison at C

haha ok yeah Shipley is the answer thank you football gods for this!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbole

Back on planet reality, Shipley came in and was marginally better, namely I think in calling protection assignments at the line. He still however showed his main issue which is he's just not strong enough. 

Some ppl crack me up lol harrison is a rookie but Shipley comes in and we play a little better and they act like he is amazing Shipley is weak as *

I don't think either one of them are that good really, but Shipley hasn't played bad this season, and at this point he is our best option. Who knows, maybe Harrison will develop into a solid center, but as of now he's terrible, probably worse than a guy from last year whose name I wont mention.

Receivers had trouble getting open and catching the ball too. Felt bad for Luck many times today.

Agreed, I think we saw how our vaunted receiving corps was a little over-rated today. Nicks and Reggie have no legs, TY sometimes takes a while to get going against press coverage and Moncrief isn't quite there yet. Also, Allen looked either hobbled or a little out of shape. I think a receiver is definitely among the many needs for next year.

I'll take 20 carries for 97 yards in the run game though..

20 or so of that or so came from Luck scrambling at least. As for the RBs, the holes were a minimal. That last offensive series at the goal line was a perfect example of how week we are up front. 3 starters were missing I know, but its often not been much better when the starters are in.

Some people on this board will never acknowledge this though.

Without doubt, people with "extreme" viewpoints on topics will never be open to analysis/debate/reason and will blindly bang the same drum.

Harrison's not playing well fair enough, but I can see the thinking of why he was given a shot. As for Shipley being the saviour....he's at best the slightly safer option for the short term.

Disagree...to an extent anyway. They may not have gotten much push bur they were creating running lanes. Both backs ran well in the 2nd half and should have had more carries imo.

I didn't get to see the first half. Did harrison get benched or hurt?

Harrison got hurt. Not exactly sure on the injury yet. And yes there were holes a few times, but majority of the time there was nothing. And look at that game winning TD drive on the goal line. Guys couldn't even get push for 1 yard. Luckily Boom found a way.

Thought the line was much better with Shipley and Holmes.   I'm expecting to see that combo the rest of the way.

I'm not saying they're great,  but a notable improvement over Harrison and Reitz.

But pressure still came from the outside....  from Mingo and Kruger....   that was tough to watch.

20 or so of that or so came from Luck scrambling at least. As for the RBs, the holes were a minimal. That last offensive series at the goal line was a perfect example of how week we are up front. 3 starters were missing I know, but its often not been much better when the starters are in.

Yeah, but lets just continue to blame Trent for the troubles of running the football.  Most people would agree, and it's much easier to point the finger at one guy than trying to look who blew their block on any specific play!

I'm not saying Holmes is the answer, but he looked a heck of a lot better than Thornton or Reitz.  Thornton in no way shape or form should be that high on the depth chart.  Harrison needs to stay on the bench.  Not saying Shipley is the answer either, but once again he run blocks quite a bit better than Harrison. 

Yeah, but lets just continue to blame Trent for the troubles of running the football. Most people would agree, and it's much easier to point the finger at one guy than trying to look who blew their block on any specific play!

Would love to see us open some run lanes for him! So sick of all the "Trent sucks" talk

Shipley is not great but he at this point is the best center on our roster. And he's proved it every time he's played.

I'm done the Shipley love is sickening I'd rather let Harrison continue his progress then put in Shipley for his marginally better upgrade Harrison is a rookie no where near his celing Shipley reached his a long time ago also Harrison is 10 times stronger and bigger then Shipley will ever dream of being

I'm done the Shipley love is sickening I'd rather let Harrison continue his progress then put in Shipley for his marginally better upgrade Harrison is a rookie no where near his celing Shipley reached his a long time ago also Harrison is 10 times stronger and bigger then Shipley will ever dream of being

Then the team should keep Harrison on the bench and give him time to develop.  Shipley isn't the long term answer, but if you can't see that the line plays significantly better right now with him at center, I don't know what you're watching.  For the rest of this year, the starting line should be the line that was out there for the 4th quarter.  Give Harrison an offseason and maybe him taking over at center is a good idea.  It was an awful idea after the fourth game of the year this year and it continues to be an awful idea.  

I'm actually wondering if the answer at center might still be Khaled Holmes rather than Harrison or Shipley. For now working him in at G is ok though.

I think you might be right.  I'd much rather have him at guard the rest of this year though since Reitz is done, Thornton has been awful, and Shipley isn't strong enough to play guard.

I don't think anybody here loves Shipley, but he is clearly our best option at center.