Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trade for Freeney

Reddog

If we can give up a number one draft pick for Trent, we should consider giving up a second, maybe in 2016, for Freeney.   We don't have an effective rush LB on the roster and if we don't get pressure on the QB it's going to be rough on our secondary.  I see this as a critical need and Freeney would probably love to come back and end his career in Indy.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we can give up a number one draft pick for Trent, we should consider giving up a second, maybe in 2016, for Freeney.   We don't have an effective rush LB on the roster and if we don't get pressure on the QB it's going to be rough on our secondary.  I see this as a critical need and Freeney would probably love to come back and end his career in Indy.

He didnt fit the scheme before i dont see him fitting the scheme now. pass

He is awful.

IMO... i think if they would have just left him as a DE and only converted mathis to OLB we would still have him on the team...i don't really think it was his fault he got released in the first place they tried to convert him into something he wasn't...and it didn't work out..worked out well for mathis though

Too small to be a DE in the 3-4 Defense

Mathis actually gave effort to make the conversion, Freeney didn't. At times looked like he was just out there going through the motions

He wouldn't even try to play run defense but would go full speed when it came to pass rushing. And it's funny cause he didn't fit the 3-4 but yet signs with another 3-4 team after being on one

IMO... i think if they would have just left him as a DE and only converted mathis to OLB we would still have him on the team...i don't really think it was his fault he got released in the first place they tried to convert him into something he wasn't...and it didn't work out..worked out well for mathis though

I realize that this isn't your intent, but your suggestion is the same as suggesting a move back to a traditional 4-3.

Why is it whenever we have an injury at a position, someone makes a thread about signing or trading for a former Colt to fill the position? This has to take the cake though. A 2nd round pick for a done freeney? We could get someone 10 years younger that is much better in the draft next year rather than get a 1-2 year rental. I hope this thread was a joke.

Too small to be a DE in the 3-4 Defense

Mathis actually gave effort to make the conversion, Freeney didn't. At times looked like he was just out there going through the motions

He wouldn't even try to play run defense but would go full speed when it came to pass rushing. And it's funny cause he didn't fit the 3-4 but yet signs with another 3-4 team after being on one

Though SD is a 3-4 D, they play more 1-gap principles, which makes the separation between his 4-3 DE role and 3-4 rush LB role minimal.

Why is it whenever we have an injury at a position, someone makes a thread about signing or trading for a former Colt to fill the position? This has to take the cake though. A 2nd round pick for a done freeney? We could get someone 10 years younger that is much better in the draft next year rather than get a 1-2 year rental. I hope this thread was a joke.

No joke at all. I was about to make a thread suggesting that we trade a 1st rounder to get Donald Brown back :thmup:

Freeney is done and he costs a lot of money. No thanks.

Pagano and his brother run basically the same defense

This is probaby a topic that requires more specific analysis than generalizations....but in general, I associate SD as scheming their Dline to penetrate, where we tend to scheme to stack...not always....but I'm not sure SD ever schemes to stack, so it's different to me.

I don't agree on a second Freeney is getting pretty long in the tooth maybe a sixth. 

I got an idea....let's go into the 'Create A Player' menu and make our own awesome player.

Dude that's a great idea, why can't the Colts just flipping create their own player. At the very minimum maybe they can bring in Super Tecmo Bowl Bo Jackson and all of his pixels to rampage opposing defenses.......

He was consistently beating Arizona's tackles Monday night. Far from awful IMO. That being said though, no thanks. A second rounder is way too high. A sixth like superprep said would be much better.

Consistently beating their tackles, but recorded no tackles, sacks, or even assisted sacks.

Something doesn't add up in your assessment.

Please God....

My head hurts!       :thmup:

Make it stop!     Just make it stop!!

Yeah...Bad against the run and I wonder if injuries have taken there toll as well, He still looks to have a quick burst but I don't think he is 100% yet, I think we could get him for cheap(5th round pick I think given his age and recent injury history and lack of production because of it) but I'd still pass

Consistently beating their tackles, but recorded no tackles, sacks, or even assisted sacks.

Something doesn't add up in your assessment.

I watched that game and he was consistently beating their tackles, he actually had Palmer wrapped up a few times, but failed to bring him down. Absolutely could not finish.

For the record Im on the gods no train.

I watched that game and he was consistently beating their tackles, he actually had Palmer wrapped up a few times, but failed to bring him down. Absolutely could not finish.

For the record Im on the gods no train.

Right.

Beating tackles, but not doing anything. How is that something that would improve our D?