Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

to the people that think we will lose to broncos.

Stephen

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The game, as any game, can go either way.  I do believe that the game leans heavily toward Denver.   Healthy O-line, Peyton Manning, home field advantage, and no Robert Mathis on the field.  (I'm picturing Peyton kneeling in a quiet church while lighting a candle, thanking God for this one).  Furthermore, the NFL would implode if Indy wins; Indy isn't supposed to win this one.  

Sorry to say but the colts fan who are going in already thinking we'll lose is pathetic. Oh oh my bad, they're just keeping it real. Well I'm keeping it real. It's pathetic. Anything can happen any game. It's 60 minutes. Could we lose? Sure, but no way do I run around with a defeatist attitude.

I am picking our beloved Colts. I always do though. In my mind we are 19-0 until or if we lose a game. 

My thoughts:

Denver will not be prepared for our offense. I fully expect us to come out slinging the ball down the field. I doubt Denver is game planning for that, especially if they are using last years tape as a precursor. There is very little foreshadowing available to the Denver Broncos.

On the other hand, we know exactly what Denver's offense is, and have plenty of tape to prepare for this game.

Our offense will not resemble anything we saw last season. We are now in the 12 hybrid personnel era of Pep's offense, and barring injury to Fleener or Allen, I believe we will be in this offense for a long time.

I also expect for many NFL fans to be shocked by how well our defense plays Sunday night. A healthy Davis, Toler, and Butler is as good of a corner trio that we can ever ask for. Also our front seven has drastically improved. Our defense has the play makers to become a top 5 defense in the league this season.

Sorry to say but the colts fan who are going in already thinking we'll lose is pathetic. Oh oh my bad, they're just keeping it real. Well I'm keeping it real. It's pathetic. Anything can happen any game. It's 60 minutes. Could we lose? Sure, but no way do I run around with a defeatist attitude.

Yes and fans of the Jacksonville Jaguars should be thinking they are gonna win the superbowl this year.

I'm still gonna watch and cheer for the Colts because a win is possible.  But realistically Denver has a better O-line, better RB, better QB, at best the receivers are a wash but their receivers could be better as well, and they have a better defense and are at home.

I am failing to see where our advantage is here.  

And it's ridiculous to question the fan-dom of anyone who doesn't expect the Colts to win and accuse them of a defeatist attitude.  What do you expect them to believe that we will go 19-0???? Because if you don't believe we will go 19-0 then at some point in this season you believe we are going to lose.  DEFEATISM!!!!

In fact why don't you just accuse everyone who think that the Colts will ever lose a game again ever in the future of defeatism???  Yes I firmly believe that the Colts will go 19-0 forever after this and win every superbowl because I wouldn't want to be defeatist!  And as we know predicting that the Colts will lose is defeatist!  Therefore my prediction is the Colts will never lose again.

We know the blueprint....hell, we helped carve it out last year and Seattle of course executed it to near-perfection.

First and foremost, relentlessly and physically punish Manning and his WRs and foul up their timing. Teams that lose to Manning lose, in large part, because they're too busy soiling themselves and cowering in fear instead of physically pounding him and his receiving targets...and minimizing whatever rushing attack he's even willing to use. We need to physically extract a price for every pass play they attempt.

Offensively? As Manning-era Colts fans remember all too well....keep their offense on the sidelines with an effective run/pass mix of offense. If there is one game on our schedule with "time of possession" as a premium....this is it.

Denver is a good team but the template for beating them is not impossible...we just need to execute it and not make mistakes.

With Welker on suspension and with Decker gone....and WITH our offensive weapons....we have a better shot at winning this than we're being given credit for.

Colts 34

Broncos 27

Yes and fans of the Jacksonville Jaguars should be thinking they are gonna win the superbowl this year.

I'm still gonna watch and cheer for the Colts because a win is possible.  But realistically Denver has a better O-line, better RB, better QB, at best the receivers are a wash but their receivers could be better as well, and they have a better defense and are at home.

And it's ridiculous to question the fan-dom of anyone who doesn't expect the Colts to win and accuse them of a defeatist attitude.  What do you expect them to believe that we will go 19-0???? Because if you don't believe we will go 19-0 then at some point in this season you believe we are going to lose.  DEFEATISM!!!!

In fact why don't you just accuse everyone who think that the Colts will ever lose a game again ever in the future of defeatism???  Yes I firmly believe that the Colts will go 19-0 forever after this and win every superbowl because I wouldn't want to be defeatist!  And as we know predicting that the Colts will lose is defeatist!  Therefore my prediction is the Colts will never lose again.

"Realistically" Denver had a better O-line, better RB, better QB, better WR's,  better defense, yet they lost to the depleted Colts offense, and poor defense last season. Thanks for the laugh.... :thmup:

I think people tend to forget  we have a healthy Reggie, Hakeem Nicks, and TY Hilton.  We have a healthy Fleener and Allen.  Maybe in this one the pass sets up the run.  We need to score big points and create turnovers.  Special teams play wins or loses this game IMO.

In Denver, do you take the ball first and drive it down for a score....or defer?  I want to score early and often, and there is no reason we cannot.  Win or lose, let see some good solid football, precision tackling, and big-time enthusiasm.  My prediction is that Luck will have a career game.  This game will be an instant classic. :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe: !!!

I'm not picking this game , but Denver is no Seattle. This is an older aging team built similar to the old George Allen " Over the Hill Gang " Redskins of the early 70's. They will be very good, but are beatable. I would favor them at home , but mainly because of that.

Denver will certainly be a factor in the AFC, but I think there window is almost shut , and I believe their best chance of winning was in 2012, when they lost to the Ravens. The Colts, to me, are more of an unknown quantity . I think they will win the division, but I need to see how they improved weak areas like the O line , to assess how far they can go. I feel the same about the Ravens. I couldn't begin to predict what they will do, because they had so many weak areas. Our O line, running game, and other areas were far worse than the Colts. NE always factors in, but they haven't won it all in about a decade. In the NFC, SF looks to be off course with player issues , and the like. Seattle appears to be in the driver 's seat if they can avoid the post Super Bowl blues, and remain hungry.

Realistically Denver had a better O-line, better RB, better QB, better WR's, had a better defense and they lost to the depleted Colts offense, and poor defense. You make some good points.... :thmup:

A win is possible as I said. . . but consider this

First of all the colts offense wasn't so depleted at the time cause we still had Wayne.

Secondly we had Mathis.  Without Mathis we would not have won last year's game.   

Third we where at home now they are.

Fourth that game swinging our way involved some turnovers that are unlikely to happen again.  I don't think Fox will be handing Ronnie Hillman the ball at the goal line again.  Without Hillman coughing up the football at the goal line last year we don't win.

If there was ever an organization who knows what it takes to beat PM it's the Colts.

We know how to take him off his game but executing it is up to game plan and

personnel on the field.

Ehh I don't think it's a big secret.  The way you beat any great QB is by applying a lot of pressure towards them.  The question is more if you can apply said pressure without leaving receivers wide open.

Clady being in this game and Mathis not being in this game is IMO pretty important.  Our pro-bowl pass rusher is out while they have back their pro-bowl tackle.  

First of all the colts offense wasn't so depleted at the time cause we still had Wayne.

Secondly we had Mathis.  Without Mathis we would not have won last year's game.   

Fourth that game swinging our way involved some turnovers that are unlikely to happen again.  I don't think Fox will be handing Ronnie Hillman the ball at the goal line again.  Without Hillman coughing up the football at the goal line last year we don't win.

My point is, nobody gave us a chance last year due to the same claims you made. A win is VERY possible, and I think we have a better chance than given last season.  Just my :2c:

I'm still gonna watch and cheer for the Colts because a win is possible. But realistically Denver has a better O-line, better RB, better QB, at best the receivers are a wash but their receivers could be better as well, and they have a better defense and are at home.

And it's ridiculous to question the fan-dom of anyone who doesn't expect the Colts to win and accuse them of a defeatist attitude. What do you expect them to believe that we will go 19-0???? Because if you don't believe we will go 19-0 then at some point in this season you believe we are going to lose. DEFEATISM!!!!

In fact why don't you just accuse everyone who think that the Colts will ever lose a game again ever in the future of defeatism??? Yes I firmly believe that the Colts will go 19-0 forever after this and win every superbowl because I wouldn't want to be defeatist! And as we know predicting that the Colts will lose is defeatist! Therefore my prediction is the Colts will never lose again.

Oh look at you getting all DEFESIVE, it's cute. Heh

You must have been one of the fans who said we'd go 6-10 , 8-8 last couple years. I don't know about 19-0. We may lose one game. But I go in every single game thinking we will win. That's how I approach everything in life. Including when I played sports, boxed, raced bmx & mx. I have the attitude that I can never be beat. Sure I have lost here and there but if you go in thinking you can win you have already lost.

Using the jags to help your argument is just comical.

Do you think it will be similar to what the seahawks did to green bay or worse

I'm already on record saying the Broncos will kill us. Seattle and San Fran too. But I like our chances against St. Louis and Zona.

I'm also predicting California Chrome as a lock for the Triple Crown and the Heat win their third consecutive NBA championship.

Because we all know the majority opinion is always right. Right?

Oh look at you getting all DEFESIVE, it's cute. Heh

You must have been one of the fans who said we'd go 6-10 , 8-8 last couple years. I don't know about 19-0. We may lose one game. But I go in every single game thinking we will win. That's how I approach everything in life. Including when I played sports, boxed, raced bmx & mx. I have the attitude that I can never be beat. Sure I have lost here and there but if you go in thinking you can win you have already lost.

Using the jags to help your argument is just comical.

Actually you would have to dig pretty deep but last year I at the very least predicted double digit wins and winning the AFC south.

And this year I predicted 12-4 and of course winning the AFC South.

And I didn't say we "can't" win I just feel that we are unlikely to win.  

I prefer to approach competition that I'm just going to do my best and see what happens.  That way I don't carry delusions with me.  If you where to play 1 on 1 with Lebron James and expect that you will win then you are just delusional. . . But based on your statement that is exactly what you must do.  

Actually you would have to dig pretty deep but last year I at the very least predicted double digit wins and winning the AFC south.

And this year I predicted 12-4 and of course winning the AFC South.

And I didn't say we "can't" win I just feel that we are unlikely to win.

I prefer to approach competition that I'm just going to do my best and see what happens. That way I don't carry delusions with me. If you where to play 1 on 1 with Lebron James and expect that you will win then you are just delusional. . . But based on your statement that is exactly what you must do.

Lol, Lebron James? Okay, you might have me there. But you're comparing apples to oranges. I'm talking about two equally talented teams. We know our team is a Super Bowl contender and at least a playoff contender. As to my post, I never singled out you or any individual. Was just stating I go into the game thinking we have a chance to win every game. If it's not our day or night so be it but go down with a fight and hold your head up high. I'm with you on the 12-4 also.

The Colts are going to have to win the time of possession by at least 5 min, hopefully more to keep this thing close. If I was personally playing I wouldn't be negative about this game, but as a fan who understands where both squads are, it's tough to see the Colts winning this one. 

Lol, Lebron James? Okay, you might have me there. But you're comparing apples to oranges. I'm talking about two equally talented teams. We know our team is a Super Bowl contender and at least a playoff contender. As to my post, I never singled out you or any individual. Was just stating I go into the game thinking we have a chance to win every game. If it's not our day or night so be it but go down with a fight and hold your head up high. I'm with you on the 12-4 also.

Only I don't see us as two equally talented teams.  The Broncos have the edge in terms of talent.  The only place where we can even come close is WR.  But we still don't have a receiver with the abilities of D.Thomas.  

I think there are two competing views for this game.  I'm already on record in numerous threads saying that the Broncos will win big.  Probably something similar to last night with Seattle and Greenbay.  I don't think its necessarily bad or makes you less of a fan regardless of who you think will win a given game.  It says more about what values you hold as a person.  I believe on one extreme you have fans that go into every game thinking the Colts are going to win, they generally tend to value traits like hope and faith more at the expense of traits like intelligence and logic.  There's nothing wrong with that and I believe in some respects its needed, a team needs die hard fans that truly believe they are going to win no matter what because it helps a team survive in the down times.  I think its less important when you have a good team like the Colts versus a team like the Jaguars but I still feel those types of fans are needed.  The ones that are saying the Broncos are going to destroy the Colts or even that the Colts will lose place more value in traits like reason, logic and intelligence.  They are also needed for a team will only get better by accurately assessing its talent and then figuring out in what areas it needs to improve.  These fans as shown here are great at doing match-ups, at seeing a team's strengths and weaknesses and how they measure up to other teams.  That tends to be the side I tend to be on but it doesn't make it right or make that type of fan better. And while there are two types of fans there are lots of people in the middle of those two extremes. It just depends on if you place more value in hope and faith or intelligence, logic and reasoning.  And while I've said that the first type are delusional and separated from reality that doesn't mean they aren't needed.

Secondly we had Mathis. Without Mathis we would not have won last year's game.

Fourth that game swinging our way involved some turnovers that are unlikely to happen again. I don't think Fox will be handing Ronnie Hillman the ball at the goal line again. Without Hillman coughing up the football at the goal line last year we don't win.

Fumbles happen. TRich fumbled inside the colts 20 at the start of the 4th. Don't act like Denver didn't get any breaks.

Having said that, this is going to be a very tough game for the Colts to win.

The game, as any game, can go either way.  I do believe that the game leans heavily toward Denver.   Healthy O-line, Peyton Manning, home field advantage, and no Robert Mathis on the field.  (I'm picturing Peyton kneeling in a quiet church while lighting a candle, thanking God for this one).  Furthermore, the NFL would implode if Indy wins; Indy isn't supposed to win this one.  

You were doing just fine with your well thought out and reasoned post.

And then....   BAM!!     You dipped into the paranoid conspiracy theory bucket.....    (sigh....)

The NFL couldn't care less if Indy wins or loses.    (I don't know where this stuff comes from.......)

Y'know, this is a game between two very good football teams, and I think we always get some week 1 reminders that our "analysis" is not as clear and certain as we think.  Last year, there was no way our CBs could match up against the Broncos' three elite receivers...yet, they did!  Here's some things that are being tossed out as fact that I'm not convinced of:

1) Luck will be running for his life because the OL is in shambles.  Thornton's looked very good this pre-season, Mewhort hasn't been bad, and Holmes' 19 snaps as a Colt have been fantastic!  (All kidding aside, if Holmes goes, we'll all be pretty impressed with his play.)  If it ends up being Harrison, his pass blocking was really good in the Preseason.  I personally believe that the OL is in good shape to stand up to Denver's pass rush.  Then there's Luck's elite vision and movement in the pocket.

2) Colts wont be able to run the ball.  I'm not convinced of this.  Let's face it: people just focus on Richardson's YPC.  Watching Game 3 of the Preseason, he had some nice runs (and YPC), until the gameplan changed, and he got stuffed a couple of times.  Keep in mind that there are two other RBs who ran well in the Preseason, too.  I think that if Pep wants to run the ball against Denver, he certainly has not yet shown even a glimpse of the gameplan he'll use to do so.

3) Without Mathis, we won't be able to pressure Manning.  Why do we even draft players?  If they aren't all-pros as rookies, they get discounted as terrible!   Bjoern has been talked up all preseason, and I believe he can deliver some rush.  Newsome too. 

This is a very winnable game, even though it appears to be the season's biggest challenge...

I think we have a great chance.

We have the offensive weapons to give any team trouble if used correctly. I think if we keep the field spread use the pass to set up the run. Keep the Bronco's guessing not give away plays based on personnel we will be able to move the ball effectively.

I am very interested to see what Pep comes with. I think he should have got a clear picture of what we do well offensively and the things we don't do so well in the preseason. We should be very tough to deal with.  

I believe the D is going to be make a jump this year. A healthy Toler gives us a good CB trio and the addition of Jones, Jackson, and I think Adams will be beneficial. I think stumbling into Adams could help this team.

We are going to miss Mathis but I think Werner is going to show why Grigs spent a first on him last year. I expect him to continue to build from the preseason. He was very close to having an outstanding game vs NO.  Manning is not as slippery as Brees in the pocket. I think we can get to him.

Our big advantage is on special teams. That is easy.

Well we have Luck on our side and Denver won't shutdown half the field. We are missing Mathis and they are missing Welker. I think our Colts have a decent chance but yeah Denver probably should be favored. Being favored means jack squat though.

Y'know, this is a game between two very good football teams, and I think we always get some week 1 reminders that our "analysis" is not as clear and certain as we think.  Last year, there was no way our CBs could match up against the Broncos' three elite receivers...yet, they did!  Here's some things that are being tossed out as fact that I'm not convinced of:

1) Luck will be running for his life because the OL is in shambles.  Thornton's looked very good this pre-season, Mewhort hasn't been bad, and Holmes' 19 snaps as a Colt have been fantastic!  (All kidding aside, if Holmes goes, we'll all be pretty impressed with his play.)  If it ends up being Harrison, his pass blocking was really good in the Preseason.  I personally believe that the OL is in good shape to stand up to Denver's pass rush.  Then there's Luck's elite vision and movement in the pocket.

2) Colts wont be able to run the ball.  I'm not convinced of this.  Let's face it: people just focus on Richardson's YPC.  Watching Game 3 of the Preseason, he had some nice runs (and YPC), until the gameplan changed, and he got stuffed a couple of times.  Keep in mind that there are two other RBs who ran well in the Preseason, too.  I think that if Pep wants to run the ball against Denver, he certainly has not yet shown even a glimpse of the gameplan he'll use to do so.

3) Without Mathis, we won't be able to pressure Manning.  Why do we even draft players?  If they aren't all-pros as rookies, they get discounted as terrible!   Bjoern has been talked up all preseason, and I believe he can deliver some rush.  Newsome too. 

This is a very winnable game, even though it appears to be the season's biggest challenge...

i'm not convinced denver is good until i see them play. plus mannings arm isn't like brees. our dbs should have more chances for ints. I'm more concerned with the pats as we haven't beat them the last two seasons.