Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

to the people that think we will lose to broncos.

Stephen

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last years game has some relevance on the game...there are a ton of the same players playing. That said both teams have made some significant changes on both sides of the ball. No Wes Welker or Eric Decker or Morano means some big changes to that offense. They add back Ryan Clady a pro bowl left tackle so thats a HUGE upgrade on their OL....and no Mathis means I think we struggle to get a pass rush. I think we can cover their receivers but if we give Peyton time he will eventually find the open man. Offensively we have a lot of new faces on the OL....big question marks against their defensive front of Miller, Williams, Ware, and Knighton. They have upgraded their secondary but they have big questions at LB with their best cover and leading tackler Trevathan out. I'm looking forward to a close fun game. I think it starts out slow but I believe by the second quarter we start seeing both teams move up and down the field. I think the keys on both sides of the ball will be the LB play...tackling and covering especially...and if either team is able to keep the other off balance with a running attack. Should be a great game and a good test....also interested to see how the guys hold up to a full 4 quarters at mile high.

I don't trust our D is good enough yet to keep Peyton from scoring as much as we do ourselves.  I trust Luck to score, but I don't trust our running game.  I trust Luck to put us ahead late if we need it, but not in our 5 minute offense to seal a win. If we can't get the lead and the ball late, and run it with authority and confidence to run off clock and keep Peyton on their bench, he (Peyton) may snatch our victory.  Of course, this is assuming we win the turnover battle.  It we lose the turnover battle, I feel the game will go the same way, and vice versa.

Sorry to say but the colts fan who are going in already thinking we'll lose is pathetic. Oh oh my bad, they're just keeping it real. Well I'm keeping it real. It's pathetic. Anything can happen any game. It's 60 minutes. Could we lose? Sure, but no way do I run around with a defeatist attitude.

Blind Homerism is what is pathetic. You think there is a point to it even if it is irrational. Put your $$$ up.

Blind Homerism is what is pathetic. You think there is a point to it even if it is irrational. Put your $$$ up.

Thinking we may win the game is NOT blind homerism. In fact the Colts CAN win the game. We would have to be near perfect in all aspects but it can be done. To except defeat before they have even boarded the damn plane is stupid and irrational.

I should have put a "note sarcasm" sign in there but didn't think about it at the time.  There's no conspiracy.  

We all have our opinions; in the media's opinion, Denver is the fave this year.  It's all good.  

Not just the media, Vegas does too.  Denver is favored over us by 7.5 points this Sunday, and both Broncos and Seahawks are at 6:1 to win it all. Pats 49ers right behind then Packers Saints to round out top 6.  We will have to beat some people of note and earn our way up the scales. But there are a few sports analysts out there that have us upsetting the Broncs and Pats and representing the AFC in the Super Bowl this year.

It wouldn't surprise me to hear Mike Greenberg and/or Colin Cowherd picking us.

Blind negativism is just as pathetic or ignorant as blind homerism.  If me thinking that the Colts can win this game is blind homerism, then I'm all for it.  I choose to think of it as being optimistic.  I see the glass as half full, not half empty !!!

The only problem comes when you base optimism Sunday night omn last year's 39-31 win.

Denver played without BOTH starting offensive tackles in that game...and half of their defense (LB's Brandon Marshall, Nate Irving, D-Ware, Talib, and TJ Ward) did not play that game..

...saying we'll beat them because we beat them last year..when the Brocnos have changed so much is not looking at the situation

The only problem comes when you base optimism Sunday night omn last year's 39-31 win.

Denver played without BOTH starting offensive tackles in that game...and half of their defense (LB's Brandon Marshall, Nate Irving, D-Ware, Talib, and TJ Ward) did not play that game..

...saying we'll beat them because we beat them last year..when the Brocnos have changed so much is not looking at the situation

So have the Colts. Their defense will be much better this year. Our offense should be ridiculous if pep figures out how to use all his weapons available. Being a Colts fan is all year long. Not just when they are NOT playing the donkeys.

Blind negativism is just as pathetic or ignorant as blind homerism.  If me thinking that the Colts can win this game is blind homerism, then I'm all for it.  I choose to think of it as being optimistic.  I see the glass as half full, not half empty !!!

They both are bad.  Extremes to either side isn't all that attractive.  (Though I do like the All Positive threads on game day, since game discussions are past, and the game is soon to begin.!!)  But being reasonably supportive and keeping it real both have their places too.  It creates a basis to discuss what is right, and what may need improvement.  As long as reasoning is offered to support a formed opinion, you can't call it wrong. Only after the fact game results can do that. Not fellow fans. I think every Colts fan here 'wants' to go 19-0.  Not every Colts fan here will go to Las Vegas and place 1/2 their mortgage or rent money each week betting on a Colts win as show of that support.  But that's where the rubber meets the road.  Some folks evaluate the potential outcome of a game like they might place a virtual bet on the game for a straight up winner (not even against a spread as true gamers do).  So these particular people don't appreciate their thoughtful research and conclusions being dismissed out of hand by those that believe the Colts will win every time they play all year, even though the chances of that happening are infinitesimally small.

If we all believed there was no chance of losing and we will every game, then we never have anything to discuss, except why it's isn't happening like we all thought.  Game day, I'm a big proponent of the All In for the Win crowd though, as I mentioned before.

Thinking we may win the game is NOT blind homerism. In fact the Colts CAN win the game. We would have to be near perfect in all aspects but it can be done. To except defeat before they have even boarded the damn plane is stupid and irrational.

Only the 19-0 might be that, but I prefer overzealous optimism.

Likewise, one saying the Colts may lose is not blind negativity, but an opinion formed based upon some criteria.  And it isn't excepting (sic) defeat, it is a prediction or expectation.  Not necessarily a wish or desire.

I think there are two competing views for this game.  I'm already on record in numerous threads saying that the Broncos will win big.  Probably something similar to last night with Seattle and Greenbay.  I don't think its necessarily bad or makes you less of a fan regardless of who you think will win a given game.  It says more about what values you hold as a person.  I believe on one extreme you have fans that go into every game thinking the Colts are going to win, they generally tend to value traits like hope and faith more at the expense of traits like intelligence and logic.  There's nothing wrong with that and I believe in some respects its needed, a team needs die hard fans that truly believe they are going to win no matter what because it helps a team survive in the down times.  I think its less important when you have a good team like the Colts versus a team like the Jaguars but I still feel those types of fans are needed.  The ones that are saying the Broncos are going to destroy the Colts or even that the Colts will lose place more value in traits like reason, logic and intelligence.  They are also needed for a team will only get better by accurately assessing its talent and then figuring out in what areas it needs to improve.  These fans as shown here are great at doing match-ups, at seeing a team's strengths and weaknesses and how they measure up to other teams.  That tends to be the side I tend to be on but it doesn't make it right or make that type of fan better. And while there are two types of fans there are lots of people in the middle of those two extremes. It just depends on if you place more value in hope and faith or intelligence, logic and reasoning.  And while I've said that the first type are delusional and separated from reality that doesn't mean they aren't needed.

great post

We know the blueprint....hell, we helped carve it out last year and Seattle of course executed it to near-perfection.

First and foremost, relentlessly and physically punish Manning and his WRs and foul up their timing. Teams that lose to Manning lose, in large part, because they're too busy soiling themselves and cowering in fear instead of physically pounding him and his receiving targets...and minimizing whatever rushing attack he's even willing to use. We need to physically extract a price for every pass play they attempt.

Offensively? As Manning-era Colts fans remember all too well....keep their offense on the sidelines with an effective run/pass mix of offense. If there is one game on our schedule with "time of possession" as a premium....this is it.

Denver is a good team but the template for beating them is not impossible...we just need to execute it and not make mistakes.

With Welker on suspension and with Decker gone....and WITH our offensive weapons....we have a better shot at winning this than we're being given credit for.

Colts 34

Broncos 27

I like your entire post PAC56, especially your accurately profound 1st sentence.  :hat:

You were doing just fine with your well thought out and reasoned post.

And then....   BAM!!     You dipped into the paranoid conspiracy theory bucket.....    (sigh....)

The NFL couldn't care less if Indy wins or loses.    (I don't know where this stuff comes from.......)

Exactly NCF, cloak & dagger conspiracy theories should only be reserved for espionage books & major motion pictures.  :thmup:

Not just the media, Vegas does too.  Denver is favored over us by 7.5 points this Sunday, and both Broncos and Seahawks are at 6:1 to win it all. Pats 49ers right behind then Packers Saints to round out top 6.  We will have to beat some people of note and earn our way up the scales. But there are a few sports analysts out there that have us upsetting the Broncs and Pats and representing the AFC in the Super Bowl this year.

It wouldn't surprise me to hear Mike Greenberg and/or Colin Cowherd picking us.

I actually like it when odds are against us.    I think Indy can win this one.  Oddly, they play well against Denver and even in the NE game last year, there was a chance of a comeback (right before the interception off of Havili's shoulderpad).  It's the mediocre teams that they do not play so well against, (ie.  St. Louis).