Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What was youre favorite Peyton Manning/old regime moment

Jiggy

Mine was probably winning the AFCCG in 06 against the Pats, Ill never forget Lamey Screaming. 

or throwing the Record breaker to stokely.

I cant remember if it was the playoffs or not, but when Harrison caught that pass against the broncos and no one touched him, and he laid on the ground for like 5 seconds and got up and ran for a score. 

Mine was probably winning the AFCCG in 06 against the Pats, Ill never forget Lamey Screaming. 

I cant remember if it was the playoffs or not, but when Harrison caught that pass against the broncos and no one touched him, and he laid on the ground for like 5 seconds and got up and ran for a score. 

I was thinking that was against the vikings.(Harrison play)

For me, it had to be that ridiculous comeback against Kansas City  - as I recall it was Tony Dungy's birthday that day. I still have that game and watch it once in a while, although I haven't lately.

ColtsHappy

You mean vs T.B. ? I don't remember any big comeback vs KC other than last year. There was a great win vs them in the playoffs but no big come back there.

Aside from the obvious AfCCG and Super Bowl the Dungy Birthday Monday Night Football rally. That was pure magic.

And especially since so few people seen it. A lot of viewers went to bed once it was a blow out. I bet they regret that now.

I didn't miss a single second...  Stayed up for the entire game, and then some..   I was way too wound up to sleep after that  :lol:

That is right up there with my favorite games EVER,  but I have to say winning against the Pats in the AFCCG  was the BEST EVER.

Besides the main onse begging said probaly the Monday night game(i belive Monday Night) vs the dolphins the first pass to Dallas Clark for a TD

I forgot about that dolphins game! First (and only) team ever to win a game with less than 15 minutes of possession. We needed to comeback in the 4th to win it too. Peyton was on fire that game. If I recall correctly, Peyton led us with 20 seconds left in the first half to a field goal. In two plays went like 45 yards lol. Dallas Clark was awesome that game too.

I was thinking that was against the vikings.(Harrison play)

It was Denver. They're still embarrassed about that. As a matter of fact, I remember when Denver was first mentioned as being in the Manning lottery, many of the members of their fan forum brought that up, stating that they felt conflicted about having Manning come over due specifically to that one, pride obliterating backhand slap laid upon them by Peyton. 

Manning pretty much throws slants most of the time now.

There was a really good shoutout game vs Favre in 03 or 04 where Peyton dropped bombs for like. 5 TDs when the packers were a legit threat. It was a legit shoutout not seen as much as today.. Real treat then to see it and Peyton won like always!

You mean vs T.B. ? I don't remember any big comeback vs KC other than last year. There was a great win vs them in the playoffs but no big come back there.

You got it. I'm one of only 3 people in the entire world that stayed up watching that game. 

You got it. I'm one of only 3 people in the entire world that stayed up watching that game. 

I also watched the entire game. Trying to remember the remarks K Johnson made about being a better WR than Harrison. Then MH catches about 200 yards worth.

I also watched the entire game. Trying to remember the remarks K Johnson made about being a better WR than Harrison. Then MH catches about 200 yards worth.

Something like "That's the best receiver in the league? Dude gets 5 yards a catch".....etc etc

Minutes later, a clinic began. 

"He's the best wr in the gAme and thAtz how he catches?"

200 yards receiving l I remember that

td bomb to harrison vs the cowboys in 99 (i think). the look on deion sanders' face was absolutely priceless

For its sheer timing and importance, I lean toward Marlin Jackson's INT.

But for a play that Peyton had a direct hand in, then yes, I agree with your choice.

Between Peyton's pump fake and Marvin's moves and speed...exploiting Deion's appetite for jumping routes....they absolutely played him like a fiddle and it was an early and very enjoyable display of the lethal combo we had.

For its sheer timing and importance, I lean toward Marlin Jackson's INT.

But for a play that Peyton had a direct hand in, then yes, I agree with your choice.

Between Peyton's pump fake and Marvin's moves and speed...exploiting Deion's appetite for jumping routes....they absolutely played him like a fiddle and it was an early and very enjoyable display of the lethal combo we had.

gotta give the network guys credit for going to the closeup of deion's face right after the play as well. i was like yes, thank you football gods! deion totally deserved it after all his foolish jabber jawing

that may have been the first time i really felt the colts weren't just good, but great

and yes, marlin's interception was the most emotional by far. 4th & 2 deserves mention too because of the respect it showed belichick had for manning

Aside from the obvious or previously mentioned (AFCCG, Super Bowl, Monday Night Miracle)... The comeback vs. New England in 2009 /'4th and 2 game'.

The way the final two minutes played out was just surreal. Lamey's call: "REGGIE WAYNE! OH YES, YES, YES!"

Manning gave a smile as he was running off the field at the end of the game. Always loved when he was avle to smile about something like this.

Another huge one, Peyton's perfect playoff game vs. Denver. Up until a few months ago, the entire game was on Youtube. Sadly, it's been removed. Manning was just unreal that day. The way the Dome exploded time and time again was a special sight and feeling.

All great ones.  I have to go with the Pats 06. 

As for the Bronco game, that was classic.  The Colts had been (if memory serves me) beaten by the Broncos the week before in the regular season game.  My inlaws are Bronco fans so they were thinking that Jake Plummer was the second coming of John Elway and that the Colts had no chance.  I think the score ended up to to be 55-10, Colts.

That said, I hate this little costume party that Peyton is attending in Denver.

There was a really good shoutout game vs Favre in 03 or 04 where Peyton dropped bombs for like. 5 TDs when the packers were a legit threat. It was a legit shoutout not seen as much as today.. Real treat then to see it and Peyton won like always!

Yeah, those were the days.  There is some good football left from Manning and Brady for the next few years IMO.