Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What would you rate Coach Pagano?

Rob Lowe

That's why I specified thus far. I think he's had an amazing start as a head coach which bodes well for his nfl future whereas someone like Nick Saban had an early nfl HC career which boded terribly for him. First impressions matter, and I think Pagamo has had a great one

22-10 in his first 2 seasons, which is fantastic. Still makes some mistakes, but every coach does. I'll give him an 8/10

Technically he is 13 and 9. He missed more then half the c season last year.

I'd give him a 8/10 for now. He did beat all the best .500 teams this year.

I know Arians technically received credit but realistically Pagano inspired them.

Regardless, I agree with the 8/10 due to Chuck's ability to ready the players for marquee matchups.

8 gives room for improvement.

Really remarkable how far this TEAM has come in two years.

I think that Pagano brings much more to this team than is evident to the general public...

Obviously these guys play hard for the coach, the Colt Family, and their Team Mates!

I believe much of that comes from the leadership of the Head Coach.

As Mr. R. Wayne says, "the sky is the limit"

<Yup, I'm a Homer>

Happy New Year Y'all

No Technically he's 22-10 and 0-1 in the playoffs.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/PagaCh0.htm

He was the official coach last year even with fighting cancer.  So if you use things as technically that means are you are looking at what the official number is which is 22-10 and 0-1 in the playoffs. 

Even if you want to toss out last year due to him being gone which would be fair when evaluating him he lead this team to a 11-5 record two years after being 2-14 and gutting the roster and won the division this year while having as many if not more injuries than any other team in the NFL and along the way beat the 49ers and KC on the road and beat the Seahawks and Broncos as well and going 4-2 vs. playoff teams.  Dude can coach. 

He's done pretty well,the record speaks for itself.

Pretty Well?

Ha... 25% of the league is looking for new coaches, 50% of the league is looking in the mirror and saying wtphreak happened?

We have been in the top 25 % of the league this past two years, and people doubt, crap, we are spoiled!

No Technically he's 22-10 and 0-1 in the playoffs.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/PagaCh0.htm

He was the official coach last year even with fighting cancer.  So if you use things as technically that means are you are looking at what the official number is which is 22-10 and 0-1 in the playoffs. 

Even if you want to toss out last year due to him being gone which would be fair when evaluating him he lead this team to a 11-5 record two years after being 2-14 and gutting the roster and won the division this year while having as many if not more injuries than any other team in the NFL and along the way beat the 49ers and KC on the road and beat the Seahawks and Broncos as well and going 4-2 vs. playoff teams.  Dude can coach. 

I like a good post that gets me going. Love the faith in your fanship.

Got to say this thread is getting a lil more hate than deserved, Pagamo stuff aside haha. It is a good question n 2 seasons is enough to at least see a trend. He is obviously raw in some situations, but shows great skill in some others. Overall I'd say a 6.5/10. Lots of room for improvement, but least he isn't a laughing stock/unemployed guy right now. We are trending upwards and I have a lot of faith in our coaches/gm.

Got to say this thread is getting a lil more hate than deserved, Pagamo stuff aside haha. It is a good question n 2 seasons is enough to at least see a trend. He is obviously raw in some situations, but shows great skill in some others. Overall I'd say a 6.5/10. Lots of room for improvement, but least he isn't a laughing stock/unemployed guy right now. We are trending upwards and I have a lot of faith in our coaches/gm.

Idk 2 playoff seasons in his first 2 years despite having cancer, a completely rebuilt team, and coming off a 2-14 season warrants higher than a 6.5 for me

I would preface my opinion of Coach Pagano and his performance as head coach by separating NFL head coaches into two groups, those that want/get near complete control (the Andy Reid, Mike Shanahan, Bill Parcels types) and the head coaches that essential don't make the decisions on buying the groceries (Pagano, Marchibroda, Jason Garrett) although Im sure Pagano was in the car when the Trent trade was made I feel sure he wasn't driving. That being said…..

If you're asking me for a number my standard as the Colts best Coach ever is Ted Marchibroda (all due respect to Weeb Ewbank, Don Shula, Don McCafferty, and Tony) and I would give Marchibroda an 8. That is why my number would be a 6.5 for Pagano and probably a 7 if we have some playoff success. I hope someday Chuck will pass Marchibroda if he can somehow be a successful cross between a players coach like McCafferty and an x and o coach like Marchibroda.

This year I think he deserves to be in the talk for Coach of the Year. However, 8.5-9 is like first ballot HOF type to me 10 being GOAT. He isn't there yet.

10 isn't perfect ,10 is Belichek, per Rob Lowe. Were on different scales.