Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mathis is sole Pro-Bowler for the Colts.

Dustin

Luck gets no respect lol its a damn shame mann i swear to god....

Non conference voting, six highest voted QBs in the league. Makes sense. There's no one that made it that I'd argue Luck deserves it over. Maybe Brady, but the name recognition makes that impossible. 

Manning, Brees, Brady, Rivers, Newton, Wilson. I think that's right. Luck is probably first alternate, assuming one of those six is in the Super Bowl. And Brady never plays, so there's potentially another spot.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Luck got beat out by guys who played better than him, plain and simple. Pat was also beat out by guys who had a better season.

Sergio Brown got snubbed a bit, but Brethel of the Chiefs made at least one big play in each game. He's a great gunner.

I'm happy with just Mathis being there.

Meh, I wouldn't say Newton outplayed him. Not that I give two poops about the pro bowl

Its sad that Colts players aren't recognized more, but it shows you that we have a real team, with hungry and unselfish players. We don't need a team filled with "superstars" or "primadonnas" to excel in the league and compete year in and year out. We have a bunch of hard-nosed players, that basically don't get into trouble, don't cause problems, or dominate the news because of their antics. I'd almost rather have it this way...a win is even more satisfying when everyone else thinks you can't do it or that you aren't good enough. Let the others have their glory..When we beat them again, they'll still say its a fluke, or make up some excuses..but we all know who and what this team is made of, and we are all proud of our Colts.

Only QB i question is Rivers. Yes he is playing better this year than last but chances are he isn't even going to be in the playoffs. Luck has his team in the playoffs again this year for the 2nd consecutive year. Yes he doesn't have the stats like Manning, who is having a great year or Brady but I htink he should have gotten in over Rivers.

That said Congats to Mathis for making it. He has had a fantastic year.

Yeah I sort of saw this coming. Whilst our guys are good they aren't big names anymore (outside of Luck and Mathis). Sergio Brown should have got in but most just choose a guy that they have heard of or one that plays for the team that they support. Jerrell Freeman had a pro bowl caliber year but he doesn't have the notoriety of the Patrick Willis s of the league. Surprised McAfee didn't get the nod.

Next year it will be better. We can only hope.

too many great qb's out there for luck to be given even a sniff.  he would have had to set the world on fire to get even a glimpse.  i remember some years where i was certain 5 colts were going to make it only to find out zero did.  then they would throw us a bone and we would get some alternate crap.  I'll say this much however, I don't think teams that only have one pro-bowler have ever made it to the Super Bowl.  It's kind of like Vegas, you shake your head at the lines/spread sometimes, but their always right.

Osi Umenyiora - 2007 Giants

Its a popularity contest the way the voting is structured.....The league likes this because only the most popular kids in school get voted to the game, and they probably think that helps sell tickets/gets TV viewership and their right.....its a meh, who cares moment to me.........If the players or coaches held the sole vote, I would have a different opinion, but now its tweens and teens and everything in between being the predominate deciding factor.......I would rather see Robert in NJ.

Luck gets no respect lol its a damn shame mann i swear to god....

This seems to be a theme with you. I would suggest another line of thinking because it simply is not accurate. ESPN does not hate the Colts. Luck gets plenty of respect by anyone who matters. And as far as the Pro Bowl goes - 1) Who cares? and 2) He is probably right where he should be this year.

Non conference voting, six highest voted QBs in the league. Makes sense. There's no one that made it that I'd argue Luck deserves it over. Maybe Brady, but the name recognition makes that impossible. 

Manning, Brees, Brady, Rivers, Newton, Wilson. I think that's right. Luck is probably first alternate, assuming one of those six is in the Super Bowl. And Brady never plays, so there's potentially another spot.

According to the list I saw on Bleacher Report, Luck is not an alternate at all.  Dalton, Stafford and Rothlisberger(sp?) were alternates on the list.

Its a popularity contest the way the voting is structured.....

Exactly right. Cities with larger populations throw more votes to their home town players, and a lot of casual football fans just vote for a name they recognize. Doesn't really matter, though. The Pro Bowl is something of an honor for the players voted in to it, and Robert Mathis deserves recognition for a great season, but it's really more of a "Who Cares Bowl" for most fans.

Mathis is the only obvious choice. Given the injuries to key skill positions and lack consistent line play, have we fans undervalued the coaching staff that managed to lead a team to 10+ (maybe) wins, and a real shot to advance in the playoffs? I mean, Pro Bowlers are nice, but having five pro bowlers on a team that has won four games is not so rewarding.

Andrew Luck should be there. Given the schedule and our horrific injuries, getting this team to 11-5 is real testament to his great QB play. Players like Flacco, Cutler, Stafford, Rothlisberger, RIvers, Ryan, Romo, E. Manning, Tannehilll etc. won't match that feat. And many of these teams didn't have the injuries or the difficult schedule the Colts faced.

If prominent QBs like Matt Ryan, Eli Manning or Joe Flacco were the Quarterback here with this roster and under these circumstances, we would not be talking about a possible 2 seed in week 17.

Colts 2011 (2-14) Worst team in football.

Drafted Andrew Luck:

Colts 2012 (11-5) Lost rookie HC to illness. Replaced by rookie HC. Replacing a living legend. Still got the job done.

Colts 2013 (11-5) Impossible out of division schedule. Massive injuries (Reggie Wayne). Playing second place schedule. Rookie OC with no NFL experience. Still got the job done.

He's a Pro Bowl QB to me. But heck, what do I know?

We are fans of a league that too often values stats and hype over competency and results.

haha what? I can't believe, for some people, it's that hard to admit that there are better Quarterbacks in the NFL than Luck. 

I know there are better QBs than Luck, I also know that QBs as good as Luck got in while he got snubbed. Only real difference is between those guys and Luck was media coverage and public exposure. Not to mention the teams luck has beat had some of those other high profile QBs.

Who cares about the Pro Bowl anyway?

I am happy that Mathis is recognized, but the Pro Bowl is still a joke.

Agreed. At least Luck won't have to come up with an excuse to bow out of it like half the players do every year.

The only thing I dislike is when they are listing player accomplishments or discussing HOF resumes and they always mention Pro Bowl Selections. To me, in the modern era of the game, Pro Bowl selections should not be a part of the discussion when career achievements are considered.

Agreed. At least Luck won't have to come up with an excuse to bow out of it like half the players do every year.

The only thing I dislike is when they are listing player accomplishments or discussing HOF resumes and they always mention Pro Bowl Selections. To me, in the modern era of the game, Pro Bowl selections should not be a part of the discussion when career achievements are considered.

Yes, I believe in all-time stats, and factoring in how much you won as a player. Modern Era Pro Bowl might as well be flag football. I just wish they brought back the drills and televise them. Make it into more of a combine type atmosphere and then play a game.

Luck didn't deserve to make it this year his accuracy has been off even with Wayne playing. I remember in the Dolphins game his throws were sailing he was missing guys by 3 yards. That's unacceptable because Luck has the talent to be a 65% QB. I think he'll get better next year.

As far as the others Freeman should have made it over Burfict, who is a good tackler but can't cover and is strictly a zone LB. Sergio Brown should have made it as well. 

Luck didn't deserve to make it this year his accuracy has been off even with Wayne playing. I remember in the Dolphins game his throws were sailing he was missing guys by 3 yards. That's unacceptable because Luck has the talent to be a 65% QB. I think he'll get better next year.

As far as the others Freeman should have made it over Burfict, who is a good tackler but can't cover and is strictly a zone LB. Sergio Brown should have made it as well.

You want to take out Burfict because he can't cover and then put in Freeman?

Freeman deserved it IMO the Bengals defense is loaded. The Bengals would still be good without Burfict, without Freeman were a 8 win team. He's been that important to the defense. We still probably would have got in because of our terrible division but Freeman is more valuable to the Colts then Burfict is to the Bengals.