Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

To the Woodshed...

indyagent17

Honestly Luck was a bigger issue than DHB was today. I know people don't want to hear it but it's true.

Yep he played terrible today, just completely overthrowing wide open players even the very few times he had time to throw.

Every player has bad games though, hopefully they will shrug off this loss quickly and the coaching staff will prep adequately for Tenn.

I hold coaching just as responsible as anyone for this loss.

Yep he played terrible today, just completely overthrowing wide open players even the very few times he had time to throw.

Every player has bad games though, hopefully they will shrug off this loss quickly and the coaching staff will prep adequately for Tenn.

I hold coaching just as responsible as anyone for this loss.

If you wore blue today and you were on the field you share in the blame for today's loss. 

Whoever blocked for Andrew Luck = no one.  But then that means no one had the worst game. haha Sorry, I'm being pedantic.  In all seriousness, the OL had a terrible game.  St. Louis does have a really good front 7, but the blocking in today's game was horrible

Now you've done it.  That's twice today I've read "pedantic" from you.  I'm gonna finally go look it up in the dictionary  :)

There are lots of gaping holes on this Colt team.  Running game is weak, receiving game is weak, offensive line horrible, defensive backfield giving up big plays and coaching has been poor in the last two games. If the Rams can win this big what will KC do to the Colts?  I don't see them beating Arizona either. Too much Luck with little support around him.  Too bad they let Pierre Garcon go and gave up too much for Richardson, but what choice did they have.  Donald Brown is not an every down back.  Griff Whalen is not the answer for the loss of Wayne.

There are lots of gaping holes on this Colt team.  Running game is weak, receiving game is weak, offensive line horrible, defensive backfield giving up big plays and coaching has been poor in the last two games. If the Rams can win this big what will KC do to the Colts?  I don't see them beating Arizona either. Too much Luck with little support around him.  Too bad they let Pierre Garcon go and gave up too much for Richardson, but what choice did they have.  Donald Brown is not an every down back.  Griff Whalen is not the answer for the loss of Wayne.

wahhh

There are lots of gaping holes on this Colt team. Running game is weak, receiving game is weak, offensive line horrible, defensive backfield giving up big plays and coaching has been poor in the last two games. If the Rams can win this big what will KC do to the Colts? I don't see them beating Arizona either. Too much Luck with little support around him. Too bad they let Pierre Garcon go and gave up too much for Richardson, but what choice did they have. Donald Brown is not an every down back. Griff Whalen is not the answer for the loss of Wayne.

T.Y. Has been the answer for the loss of Wayne. The problem is that no one is covering the spot T.Y. Has vacated. Whalen has been doing the best of DHB, Brazill, and Reed over the last 2 games with 6 catches and 63 yards.

This team reminds me of the 1995 squad. We beat the best teams in the league and play down to lesser squads. That year turned out quite well. 

If people want something positive to take away from this debacle, if I just tweak a handful of plays to our favor, we could've won 27-21. 

I think we'll be OK, but we gotta cease starting games so sluggishly. Our identity is in crisis IMO. A "power running team" that has no power or run.

A tiger may wish to be a hawk, but when people see he can't fly, they know it's just a tiger pretending to be a hawk.

Let Luck be a tiger. 

congrats to browns management on biggest heist since brinks robbery colts are what they are,an average NFL team,with a young qb and a pathetic offensive line. i know its only one game,but is LUCK as good as we hope he is?

With the exception of the overthrows and just flat out holding on to the ball too long, I think he's going to be fine. Along with TRich, him and Luck just need some major help from the Oline/OC. There's no reason that Brown and Richardson are used so differently in the running game.

Who Colts Player do think had the worst game today?

Saying "all of them" doesn't count

Which player needs to be taken to the woodshed for some good  ol' fashioned corporal punishment? 

First of all I state I'm still in shock (beside  Colts my favorite soccer team sucked badly Sunday afternoon as well and it was too much for me).

Still I don't think picking on one player or few players would make any sense, or would be fair at all. It was a complete team-meltdown and this time coaching staff was inept to make adjustments which worked. It was a very embarrassing loss, and  woodshed or any kind of corporal punishment wouldn't help that (perhaps in North Korea, but seriously...). We have to learn from this bad egg to avoid such upsets. And we, Fans, shall bear this embarrassment with dignity. Yes, I'm very annoyed, because last 2 games team has shown signs of falling apart, and nothing but nothing has worked. We have fix our issues ASAP to reach playoffs. "Fix" doesn't mean i stand in to sing in 'Cut ... now' choir.

You may lose on the turf, but not this way. It stands for both players, coaches and fans as well.

I can't pin the blame on 1 player. The entire Oline was the biggest issue, particularly the interior. Luck got pummeled. He had no time to do anything. I think the overthrows were largely a product of the pressure. Also the running game could never get going because we had defenders in the backfield right at the snap. Everybody had a terrible game but the Oline got dominated!!

congrats to browns management on biggest heist since brinks robbery colts are what they are,an average NFL team,with a young qb and a pathetic offensive line. i know its only one game,but is LUCK as good as we hope he is?

I don't know how you or anybody else can put much on Luck, up until yesterday's game, he has been fantastic this yr.. yes he overthrew some passes yesterday, but good God, from the get go yesterday he was being hounded by what seemed like every player on the Rams defense. He got hit and fumbled on like the 2nd or 3rd play of the game and it never got any better. He was hurrying everything because he pretty much had too. Satele shouldn't ever be allowed on an NFL roster ever again. They should fine him for roughing the QB...which so happens to be his own QB. McGlynn is just barely a little better, but thats not saying much. If Luck had a good(not even great, but just good) O-line he would be arguably the 3rd best QB in the league. Too bad he'll have to wait til next yr. to even have the chance to have a good O-line.

We got a good old fashion butt whipping, but the good news is that we are 6-3 and still have 7 more games to play.

Once we own enough wins to make it into the playoffs; it only matters who gets hot in late December and January. We could still be that team.

Every good team has days like this.

It's Pat's fault he missed the tackle on the punt return and I've come to expect more of him. On a serious not when you get you rear kicked on offense, defense, and special teams then finding a few players to single out as in "It this guy's fault" makes no sense to me. The whole chain failed yesterday but it wasn't due to 1 or 2 weak links.

Every time the Colts lose a game this forum turns into a mob on a Witch hunt. Put your torches, pitchforks, and powdered wigs away.

Thank god, I just sent my out wig out to be repowdered never expecting that I would need it this weekend, and there's nothing I hate more than going to a mob with just my pitchfork and torch.

Thank god, I just sent my out wig out to be repowdered never expecting that I would need it this weekend, and there's nothing I hate more than going to a mob with just my pitchfork and torch.

I damaged my pitchfork after the SD mobbing. Can't trust these welders now days for a speedy turn around.