Nnamdi on waivers!

curryfizzle

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

if hes fine being the 4th corner because hes not beating out toler or butler. nnamdi is washed up. coruse we could use a backup safety since howell is hurt. a lot of corners make the move to safety once they get up there in age.

is it even a possibility with Colts current cap status...

that's what my first thought was as well, but I heard on NFL insiders that his contract is not that big.

"Nnamdi signed his one-year contract, it included no guaranteed money, up to $1.35 million in base salary and roster bonuses, and then another $1.225 million in various incentives." -- source Ninersnation[.]com

http://www.ninersnation.com/2013/8/22/4647174/nnamdi-asomugha-contract-incentives-playing-time-49ers

Personally, seeing our injury track record in the secondary, I think he would be great to have.

"@NinersNation $800k in honors (Pro Bowl & All-NFL), $425k in playtime (starting at 70%) & $425k for interceptions (needs at least 4)."

Going by all the info on that article, seeems like a cheap commodity to have even if he ends up being terrible.

His contract is veteran minimum. Anything would be an upgrade to Cassius Vaughn.

Vaughn is 1.3 million against the cap right now.  Claim Nnamdi and waive Vaughn and we might save some cap money and get better at the same time.  

However we are probably near the bottom of the waiver priority, so there is a good chance we wouldn't get him even if we do put in a claim on him. 

Vaughn is 1.3 million against the cap right now.  Claim Nnamdi and waive Vaughn and we might save some cap money and get better at the same time.  

However we are probably near the bottom of the waiver priority, so there is a good chance we wouldn't get him even if we do put in a claim on him. 

Vaughn's contract is guaranteed for the season.

Don't think the exclamation point is warranted

I think it is definitely warranted.  IMO, he is better than vaugh, and we wouldn't be asking him to do too much.  He maybe our nickel back and help in 3rd down situations with man coverage.  I think he is still a servicable DB in this league.

Nnamdi sucks. His time has passed. Don't give me the scheme nonsense either, he played a man scheme in San Fran and was terrible. There is a reason why his last 2 teams got rid of him, he's toast and has been toasted regularly over the last few seasons. 

Guest TeamLoloJones

Overrated at this point in time. Just a flashy name floating around out there, so surely some team will take a chance on him.

I'm not sure if he would contribute at all on special teams, which is why he might not be worth a roster spot to most teams.