Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Real Good Chance This Team Could Lose Only 3 Games

NCost12

Lets face it guys a bunch of in the beginning of the season thought this part of the schedule was gonna be hell for us, and 2 losses to Seattle and San Francisco were going to happen. However, that is not the case. Now lets look at the remaining games.

@ Chargers - I say we go into this and win this game. I feel like this is the week that Richardson will break out. Colts Win 27-10

@ Broncos - Do we have a chance? Yes. This was a really tough game for me to pick as Denver has some guy named Peyton who is killing it this year. Im gonna say its a real close one but Denver wins 31-28

BYE

@ Texans - Texans look bad right now... Matt Schaub could turn in to the next Mark Sanchez the way he is playing, and the 9ers offense made the Texans D look silly. I predict TJ Yates will be starting by the time this game comes around, and even though @ Houston i feel fresh off a bye week with injured players rest we should win this game. 24-13

Rams - This should be an easy win, Rams just don't have the defense or offense to beat the Colts. 27-10 Colts Win

@ Titans - Jake Locker should be back by this game but I still dont believe they will be the same team they were before he got injured. Colts should win this game 17-6

@ Cardinals - Bruce Arians reunion with the Colts, can he coach them to a victory over the former team? No. Arizona's offense is bad and Carson Palmer is not the answer. Colts win 20-6

Titans - This time we play Titans at home which we will win. Colts offense will be looking great by now, and no doubt playing at home we will win this game 24-13

@ Bengals - Im gonna give this game a loss to the Colts. I really am a big fan of the defense the Bengals have, and AJ Green is a beast. Will be a close one but @Cinncinatti i believe Bengals pull out this one 28-14

Texans - We are playing at Lucas should be loud as playoffs are near... I really do not believe Texans will make the playoffs i think they finish 8-8 Schaub looks horrible and TJ Yates should be in during this time. Colts win 24-14

@ Chiefs - This game will be really close. I really like the chiefs this year the offense is nice. Jamaal Charles obviously is the man to watch out for but I believe their record looks better right now than they really are. Colts should win 35-27 (High scoring game in this one)

Jaguars - last game of the year if we lose this its because Matt Hasselbeck is in while Andrew gets rdy for his first round bye in the playoffs ;).

So guys there you have it I am really optimistic that this could happen. Colts will finish the year 13-3...  Tell me what you guys think and post your rest of the season predictions as well. Go Colts.

It's possible. I'd be more certain if that loss to the Dolphins wasn't there. Hopefully it doesn't come back to haunt us.

But 13-3 is definitely possible. Landry, Havili, Brazill, & RJF all coming back. We'll be fully healthy real soon aside from the IR guys

with landry back and RJF it makes our defense better and could  not have come at a better time. Im still sticking with my prediction of being 6-1 at the bye week. i think we can beat the broncos at home. Luck is not Romo and would not make the mistake in throwing a INT to a 32nd pass defense in the closing minutes. high scoring game but i think the colts win this game 45-42 with a last second FG by AV. I mean honestly who has Denver really beaten that is worth saying they are the best team?

against .500+ teams Denver is 1-0  (Baltimore)

against under .500 teams Denver is 4-0 (Oakland,Dallas,Giants,Philly who combined have a 6-14 record and one team who hasnt won one game yet this year not to mention those 4 teams rank 24th,25th,30th and 31st in pass defenses.

and denver as i said at the beginning is not good defending the pass. 

11-5...im not the type to expect a 13-3 season..if that happens then great but there's games coming up that could go either way (Texans could heat up,hope not..Denver, enough said...Bengals run hot and cold but there defense is the problem..and KC, Alex Smith doesnt turn the ball over MUCH, jamal charles COULD run wild (but i think we'll contain him) and their defense is very solid all around especially the d line)

11-5...im not the type to expect a 13-3 season..if that happens then great but there's games coming up that could go either way (Texans could heat up,hope not..Denver, enough said...Bengals run hot and cold but there defense is the problem..and KC, Alex Smith doesnt turn the ball over MUCH, jamal charles COULD run wild (but i think we'll contain him) and their defense is very solid all around especially the d line)

oh and don't look past the chargers

Fans continue to surprise me with the well/maybe attitude.  We lost to the Dolphins and beat the 49ers and SeaBirds.  Only the most blue sky optimist had us winning both of these games.  Now it seems every time someone makes a very positive post the 1st thing we see is, WE LOST TO THE PHINS.  Can't understand what makes the Phins the bench mark instead of the Niners and SeaBirds.

Don't know how many games the Colts will lose this year, but this season looks a lot more optimistic to me now than at the start.  What is surprising is how the Texans are imploding.  The Falcons lost to the Jets!!!  Now there are some fans who gotta be asking "what the heck happened."  

At any rate, this is going to be a season to enjoy and if the Colts don't go at least 11-5, I'll be surprised.   

Fans continue to surprise me with the well/maybe attitude. We lost to the Dolphins and beat the 49ers and SeaBirds. Only the most blue sky optimist had us winning both of these games. Now it seems every time someone makes a very positive post the 1st thing we see is, WE LOST TO THE PHINS. Can't understand what makes the Phins the bench mark instead of the Niners and SeaBirds.

Don't know how many games the Colts will lose this year, but this season looks a lot more optimistic to me now than at the start. What is surprising is how the Texans are imploding. The Falcons lost to the Jets!!! Now there are some fans who gotta be asking "what the heck happened."

At any rate, this is going to be a season to enjoy and if the Colts don't go at least 11-5, I'll be surprised.

To be fair, I lurk quite a bit, and I can't name one post I read recently calling out our loss to the Dolphins...

I think most posters here recognize there is probably more talent on that team than we foresaw this year. PERSONALLY (not shouting, just clarifying), at this point in the season, I could see them as an AFC wildcard playoff team.

Preseason, I went 12-4 with losses at SF, Hou, and Cincy with a home loss to either Sea or Den.  The SF and Mia games have since flipped.  I still think we need to get through the 2nd quarter to get a better feel of things.  If we're 6-2 after the Hou game, then we have an excellent shot at getting back to being the 12-4ever Colts.

Lets face it guys a bunch of in the beginning of the season thought this part of the schedule was gonna be heck for us, and 2 losses to Seattle and San Francisco were going to happen. However, that is not the case. Now lets look at the remaining games.

@ Chargers - I say we go into this and win this game. I feel like this is the week that Richardson will break out. Colts Win 27-10

@ Broncos - Do we have a chance? Yes. This was a really tough game for me to pick as Denver has some guy named Peyton who is killing it this year. Im gonna say its a real close one but Denver wins 31-28

BYE

@ Texans - Texans look bad right now... Matt Schaub could turn in to the next Mark Sanchez the way he is playing, and the 9ers offense made the Texans D look silly. I predict TJ Yates will be starting by the time this game comes around, and even though @ Houston i feel fresh off a bye week with injured players rest we should win this game. 24-13

Rams - This should be an easy win, Rams just don't have the defense or offense to beat the Colts. 27-10 Colts Win

@ Titans - Jake Locker should be back by this game but I still dont believe they will be the same team they were before he got injured. Colts should win this game 17-6

@ Cardinals - Bruce Arians reunion with the Colts, can he coach them to a victory over the former team? No. Arizona's offense is bad and Carson Palmer is not the answer. Colts win 20-6

Titans - This time we play Titans at home which we will win. Colts offense will be looking great by now, and no doubt playing at home we will win this game 24-13

@ Bengals - Im gonna give this game a loss to the Colts. I really am a big fan of the defense the Bengals have, and AJ Green is a beast. Will be a close one but @Cinncinatti i believe Bengals pull out this one 28-14

Texans - We are playing at Lucas should be loud as playoffs are near... I really do not believe Texans will make the playoffs i think they finish 8-8 Schaub looks horrible and TJ Yates should be in during this time. Colts win 24-14

@ Chiefs - This game will be really close. I really like the chiefs this year the offense is nice. Jamaal Charles obviously is the man to watch out for but I believe their record looks better right now than they really are. Colts should win 35-27 (High scoring game in this one)

Jaguars - last game of the year if we lose this its because Matt Hasselbeck is in while Andrew gets rdy for his first round bye in the playoffs ;).

So guys there you have it I am really optimistic that this could happen. Colts will finish the year 13-3...  Tell me what you guys think and post your rest of the season predictions as well. Go Colts.

To have us sweeping the entire division is VERY optimistic

I am happy we are sitting here at 4-1 and never would have predicted we would beat both SF and SEA, but some people are getting a little ahead of themselves. Both the Raiders and the Seahawks could have easily been losses.  Besides the Broncos, the Bengals and the Chiefs are both dangerous teams; and assuming we are going to just roll over the Texans and the Titans is a mistake.  The Texans are having some problems, but don't kid yourselves and think they are 2 easy wins, and the Titans with Locker are also a good division team.  I agree with Andy we will lose a game that no one expects.

One game at a time!!

I think weeks 13-16 is going to be our toughest challenge. The end of a long regular season and we play the Titans, Bengals, Texans, and Chiefs. Besides the Texans, those are all top tier defenses and we're playing in Cincy and KC. I believe that's the stretch that really tests if we're a Superbowl contender this year. Those 4 consecutive games will be a grind, just like the playoffs. If we can go 3-1 during that stretch I have no doubt we'll be in the AFC Championship

The Chargers and Colts game will be tough. Rivers is looking like a true passing threat and Danny Woodhead is carrying the ball nicely. One step at a time. Hopefully the team is focusing on the chargers because this team can beat us if we are ahead of ourselves.

Guest NDColts!!

Well the #2 seed in the AFC could happen but a realistic goal at this point of the season would be a AFC championship. We still have five of six conference games to go, 3 road games and 2 at home. Two games against the Texans an two with the Titans. The subject of staying healthy like with every team will be very important. Now if the Colts win the last 2 games before the bye week go in the win bracket ad a 7-1 record an to start the second half of the season left the expectations could be raised a notch. The Colts will get a lot more attention media hype with a win against Denver but all will not be lost if they are 6-2 going to their bye. So taking it as it should be, its next man up is the best mantra for now! GO Colts beat the Chargers.

The Colts can lose to any team on any given week, or win against any team on any given week.

I bet there are going to be some guys that we're going to look back on and say "how did we lose that one?"

As much as we'd like to think otherwise, the league is closer in talent and parity and winning isn't easy.  Even for the 'mismatches' that's why people talk about 'letdown' and 'trap' games. prompting the "Any given Sunday".  Excetion to the rule-  Jags.  {Sorry Jax}.  They're just historically bad this year.  I'm almost sad for them and their couple fans. :(

As much as we'd like to think otherwise, the league is closer in talent and parity and winning isn't easy.  Even for the 'mismatches' that's why people talk about 'letdown' and 'trap' games. prompting the "Any given Sunday".  Excetion to the rule-  Jags.  {Sorry Jax}.  They're just historically bad this year.  I'm almost sad for them and their couple fans. :(

I would agree, there are a few exceptions such as Denver (loss) Jax (win) but the remainder of our games look like they could easily be won or lost.

Chargers game is also going to be tough because from what I've heard teams that travel cross country and play, especially at night have a tendency to disappoint.  

The Colts are playing great, and we have had some unexpected successes,

but momentum in the NFL is a fickle mistress, we could just as easily end up 8-8.

Now, I doubt that, but it is going to be a strong test of this coaching staff to keep this team focused

and to maintain the effort each and every week!

We are off to a great start, and I am optimistic, as every true fan should be, but to project this start onto the rest of the season is getting the cart before the horse, as it were. As coach says, the sky is the limit, lets hope it proves true!

Long way to go... First Step, whooping up on Diego!

GO :coltslogo:

The Colts are playing great, and we have had some unexpected successes,

but momentum in the NFL is a fickle mistress, we could just as easily end up 8-8.

Now, I doubt that, but it is going to be a strong test of this coaching staff to keep this team focused

and to maintain the effort each and every week!

We are off to a great start, and I am optimistic, as every true fan should be, but to project this start onto the rest of the season is getting the cart before the horse, as it were. As coach says, the sky is the limit, lets hope it proves true!

Long way to go... First Step, whooping up on Diego!

GO :coltslogo:

Yes, focus on task each week. Yes, Denver looms, but all focus should be on gameplan vs. the Chargers and getting reps in until it's can't miss.Focus on what's befor them. We get the luxury of looking ahead. They should not.