Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bjoern Werner

Dark Superman

Is it just me or does it seem like we made a mistake by picking him?

I admit I didn't like the pick and I'm still not sold on it..

To me he just seems slow and lost out there.. I know he's a rookie and he's still learning but I'm not totally sold on Werner ever being a very good pass rusher.

I'll give him a chance of course.. I really hope he proves me wrong.

I was really hoping we drafted DeAndre Hopkins.. I was so upset when Houston got him.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He had a nice rush on the Kaepernick sack fumble, his pressure caused Kaep to step up and into Freeman.

From what I've seen, Werner has looked better each and every week. I think your problem is you're more upset that the Colts didn't get "your guy".

I'm not worried at all. Werner will be a stud for a long time.

To me he just seems slow and lost out there.. I know he's a rookie and he's still learning but I'm not totally sold on Werner ever being a very good pass rusher.

I was really hoping we drafted DeAndre Hopkins.. I was so upset when Houston got him.

Wow.    You came to this decision in three whole games?     What took you so long?

Why didn't you decide back in April?    Or May?    Or June?

You mean, you actually had to wait to see real NFL games to decide?     What's your problem?

It took you three whole games?    

Yeah,  we can cut Werner,  Vinatieri,  McGlynn,  Satele, Link, Reitz, ...   come on,  I'm sure I'm missing somebody else you want cut?!     Oh,  I'm sure Donald Brown sucks,  we can cut him.

And why do we need a fullback again?   Cut Havili too!

And I think Holmes is never going to pan out.    It's been three games and he can start over guys like McGlynn and Linkenbach?

What's his problem.    Grigson doesn't know what he's doing!!!

Please,  God.....    just.....   make.....    it.......    STOP!!!!           :facepalm:        :facepalm:        :facepalm:        :facepalm:         :facepalm:        :facepalm:

It's just you...  :goodluck:

Well....if it makes you feel any better DeAndre Hopkins is 1-2 concussions away from AustinCollieville.

I'm not wishing it on him but football is football...and at this rate Werner may be around a lot longer than him.

I don't really think Freeney made a whole heck of a lot of impact in the first 3 games of his rookie year.

I could be wrong but if my memory serves me right he didn't really start peaking until that big Philadelphia Eagles

game where we went on the road to Philly and beat the snot out of them when everyone said we would be killed.

I will always remember that game!

I thought werner consistently got pressure on kap and was easily around his blocker time and time again. I think with a little better technique he will turn those pressures into more sacks. Light years ahead of jerry hughes... Don't judge bjoern just yet I actually think he might be something special. And lets not forgot before the draft some considered him a top ten pick

He's undisciplined and unrefined, but he's in his third game so that's not really surprising. He also has ability to make plays, and has shown that ability. I want him to understand the run contain responsibilities better, but that will come. It's good to remember that he was supposed to be a backup Rush backer only, this season, but has been pressed into backing up the Rush and Sam spots. He's also converting from a defensive end. So there's going to be some mistakes.

He wasn't my favorite pick, but he has what Pagano wants out of hybrid rushers. And I think he'll grow into the role as the season goes on. 

Werner is fine and will get better, 5 tackles and sack with limited amount of playing time 3 games in.....Moala might be a bust, he has his moments but for the most part is average (at best).....Freeney had 13 sacks his rookie year, also sacks will be harder to come by with all the read option in NFL....Kind of hard to get a sack with the QB hiking and taking off down the field, a lot more pocket passers in 2002 with the exception of Vick (i think).  Just saying

Wow.    You came to this decision in three whole games?     What took you so long?

You mean, you actually had to wait to see real NFL games to decide?     What's your problem?

Yeah,  we can cut Werner,  Vinatieri,  McGlynn,  Satele, Link, Reitz, ...   come on,  I'm sure I'm missing somebody else you want cut?!     Oh,  I'm sure Donald Brown sucks,  we can cut him.

And I think Holmes is never going to pan out.    It's been three games and he can start over guys like McGlynn and Linkenbach?

Please,  God.....    just.....   make.....    it.......    STOP!!!!           :facepalm:        :facepalm:        :facepalm:        :facepalm:         :facepalm:        :facepalm:

or you could stop. what was that all about? 

It was about the fact that just about every "we need to cut (insert player here) because they suck" thread comes from this guy.

Most people think that "cut so and so threads" are people overreacting and jumping the gun. When i read that post by "NCF" I thought seriously man, is that funny to you, or does that make you feel better about yourself? If anything that was the biggest overreaction to something I've ever seen as a member of this forum besides maybe Goodtimes hating on luck for every "mistake" he makes. 

Okay..

I never said I didn't want him to pan out..

I just won't be surprised if he doesn't.. But I hope he does.. I'm still a fan.

And I never liked the Werner pick..

Most people think that "cut so and so threads" are people overreacting and jumping the gun. When i read that post by "NCF" I thought seriously man, is that funny to you, or does that make you feel better about yourself? If anything that was the biggest overreaction to something I've ever seen as a member of this forum besides maybe Goodtimes hating on luck for every "mistake" he makes. 

I understand where you're coming from, it just gets frustrating to some that because a guy has a bad game that he needs to be shown the door.  If that was the case we would have a non-stop revolving door of players and would never have any continuity.  The over reactions can get way out of hand around here, lol.

I understand where you're coming from, it just gets frustrating to some that because a guy has a bad game that he needs to be shown the door.  If that was the case we would have a non-stop revolving door of players and would never have any continuity.  The over reactions can get way out of hand around here, lol.

Who said anything about cutting him?

You asked me in another post in this thread....   "what was that about..?"

And I'm wondering, really?    You couldn't figure it out?

Superman is Luck wanted Vinatierri cut on Sunday because he missed a 51 yard field goal.

And then today he wonders whether anyone else agrees with him that Werner isn't looking so good.   And he's decided that after three whole games.    Not three years,   Not three months.   But three games.    

Honestly,   posts like this and the other "__________ sucks, he should be cut now!" threads are the WORST PART of a fan message board.    The worst.    Fans who announce they know better than the GM are the worst part of the board.   Drives me crazy.   And to do so after a win,  a huge win....     well, it just makes me wonder about some fans.

You're knew here....  I see that you joined in March.   That means you missed all the posts and thread about our OL last year.  There was a thread for practically every OL on the team, that he sucked and that he needed to be cut from the team -- immediately!     And for some players -- like McGlynn -- there were numerous threads.   Over and over and over again.

It's hard enough to read anytime.   But to be reading them when we're winning is mind boggling.

I'm sure many here will disagree.   I'm sure many here think that's part of why fan message boards are here -- for all of us to + and moan.    I guess it's all a matter of degree.    At some point, a fair comment or question goes too far and becomes crazy.

Like the infamous fan here who last week announced that we should've fired Pagano and kept Arians.   Funny how we're not hearing from him yesterday or today.....

Superman is Luck wanted Vinatierri cut on Sunday because he missed a 51 yard field goal.

And then today he wonders whether anyone else agrees with him that Werner isn't looking so good.   And he's decided that after three whole games.    Not three years,   Not three months.   But three games.    

Honestly,   posts like this and the other "__________ sucks, he should be cut now!" threads are the WORST PART of a fan message board.    The worst.    Fans who announce they know better than the GM are the worst part of the board.   Drives me crazy.   And to do so after a win,  a huge win....     well, it just makes me wonder about some fans.

You're knew here....  I see that you joined in March.   That means you missed all the posts and thread about our OL last year.  There was a thread for practically every OL on the team, that he sucked and that he needed to be cut from the team -- immediately!     And for some players -- like McGlynn -- there were numerous threads.   Over and over and over again.

It's hard enough to read anytime.   But to be reading them when we're winning is mind boggling.

I'm sure many here will disagree.   I'm sure many here think that's part of why fan message boards are here -- for all of us to + and moan.    I guess it's all a matter of degree.    At some point, a fair comment or question goes too far and becomes crazy.

Like the infamous fan here who last week announced that we should've fired Pagano and kept Arians.   Funny how we're not hearing from him yesterday or today.....

ignore this post

I was asking more about why you clearly freaked out at the guy, and went on a little rant including many sarcastic comments (i assume). seems over the top. Can't you block people on this forum or block their threads or something? I;ve only made an account this year but i've been coming here since 4 years ago.