Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Looking To Trade Linebacker Kavell Conner (Merge)

HtownColt

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Conner he is physical & a thumper, but not all pro material, & sometimes guess's and is out of position. I think he would be better than Angerer if the DL can't keep the OL off our LBers. If the LBers are free Angerer would be better because he runs better and is a good chase an tackle guy. Angerer only problem is when he needs to take on OL guys straight up. He is not strong enough!

Angerer can`t even play in this defense because he is so slow. It should make you want to puke when you see him get turned and chasing, they have 5 yards on him in an instant. And No he can`t get off a block to save himself.

Harvey runs even slower when he gets turned. Sheppard is lost also.

I hope we come up with someone as good as Conner who can cover on 3rd down.

Bringing in Sheppard was a clear sign, He can cover better and get off blocks just as good

Totally disagree.   Sheppard has been a true disappointment to this point.  He has not stood out even as the other LBs were out.

Conner is the BEST we have against the run, and would be a perfect 'attacker' if used as a decoy in the Raven-esque blitz packages.  This guy can blitz...he can hurt a QB.

So some say Freeman?  He is small but we all love him.  Angerer?  Slower than pond scum.  Again we love him because HE WANTS TO HIT YA!

Bottom line....Conner is better than Sheppard....why trade em....... :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:

I just read the StampedeBlue article on the Conner trade. Normally whenever I see anything written by Wells I ignore it.

However, he once again met my expectations by writing another totally tasteless article. When you write an insult or insinuation, you're not off the hook by saying its a joke.

He's a hack, which is fine for a personal blogger. But that site has sponsors. If they had any integrity they'd pull their money as long as he's there.

...okay, I feel better now... Thanks for indulging my rant.

If this trade happens, this will be the 2nd time Grigson has done something here that I don't like

The 1st being the DHB signing.

Ehh, I'm kind of neutral. To me, it doesn't seem like a Grigs signing. I think it was a quick solution to save face by Jimmy after he ran his mouth about a whopper. More than likely, the whopper trade fell apart because of that tweet. They grabbed the next option they thought would make a splash enough to save Jimmy's face

Let's just put DB on the list with Fleener. So many thinks they need to be either cut, a firing squad, tar and feathers, shot, hung or whatever negative thing that could be thought of. It amazing that so many thinks they know better and are more informed that Griggs and Pagano. It's just as amazing that so many can see into the future with so much clarity. And I thought that being a GM and a head coach were hard jobs. It looks like I was mistaken since a whole lot of people can sit in their living room and do a better job.

Hahaha love it! Tell em

Angerer can`t even play in this defense because he is so slow. It should make you want to puke when you see him get turned and chasing, they have 5 yards on him in an instant. And No he can`t get off a block to save himself.

Harvey runs even slower when he gets turned. Sheppard is lost also.

I hope we come up with someone as good as Conner who can cover on 3rd down.

Be quietttttttt Mr. Perfect

Totally disagree.   Sheppard has been a true disappointment to this point.  He has not stood out even as the other LBs were out.

Conner is the BEST we have against the run, and would be a perfect 'attacker' if used as a decoy in the Raven-esque blitz packages.  This guy can blitz...he can hurt a QB.

So some say Freeman?  He is small but we all love him.  Angerer?  Slower than pond scum.  Again we love him because HE WANTS TO HIT YA!

Bottom line....Conner is better than Sheppard....why trade em....... :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:

I agree with your Angerer comment. He may be slow footed but he didn't have all those tackles from not being smart and tough. Sometimes a good player don't have to be the fastest or the strongest but if they a smart there is a place on the roster for them.

Do we believe this trade was every actually seriously considered by anyone anywhere?

Who besides rapsheet has confirmed this?

Pagano claims he never heard about it.  That may be true if Grigs was testing the waters before talking to him.

Good point.

My question about that would be why would Grigson (an O Line guy) not give Coach Pagano(a great defensive mind)  a heads up at least before hand just to say "Hey Im looking to shop Conner". GM or not I dont think thats the best tactic to use, Do I think he did that however? No, Highly unlikely since family and communication is preached regularly........But its still a business, family or not

I would much rather trade Angerer then Conner. Conner is the  best run stopping ILB on the team. If we are gonna trade him we should at least get some value for him, i would want a 4th round pick.

Plus Angerer hasn't shown the ability to stay healthy. My guess would be that they feel teams are aware of that as well, thus Conner has the greater trade value at this point

Ehh, I'm kind of neutral. To me, it doesn't seem like a Grigs signing. I think it was a quick solution to save face by Jimmy after he ran his mouth about a whopper. More than likely, the whopper trade fell apart because of that tweet. They grabbed the next option they thought would make a splash enough to save Jimmy's face

Where do people come up with this kind of stuff?

I know most of us like Conner, but if we can get an interior late round guard who is somewhat proven, it could turn into our next Jake Scott/Ryan Lilja for our O-Line. If I could get the next Scott/Lilja for Conner, I would do it instantly.

Conner is a good player, but there are quite a few good 3-4 ILB avaialble each year and is one of, if not our deepest position.  Our oline is still a work in progress.

With Angerer's injury issues, he's basically untradeable right now.  He's the only player we have who we can get something for that is expendable at the moment.

It all depends on what we get back. KC's good enough that we shouldn't take just anything, but he's not irreplaceable.

A trade doesn't always mean the player you're shipping is the worst player. If we're expecting to receive a player or pick with some value, we're going to have to give up someone who's not half bad, either.

I don't understand how anyone can call Angerer injury prone. He hasn't been in the NFL long enough to draw that label. His came back too soon from his original injury if my memory is correct. He was drafted in 2010. His 1st start came in week 6 against the Redskins and he had 11 tackles, 1 sack and 2 passes defended. In 2011 he started all 16 games and lead the Colts in tackles with 146. He may not be the fastest or the strongest but he is a very smart player. He is well worth a roster spot on the Colts. 

I don't think they would be reporting that he might miss a few weeks if they were looking to trade him. I think like Pagano said this might be a false report. If they really were looking to trade Pagano wouldn't come out and say it but he wouldn't flat deny it either. I also think the Colts would have kept his injury more under wraps if they were truly looking to move him.

I don't think they would be reporting that he might miss a few weeks if they were looking to trade him. I think like Pagano said this might be a false report. If they really were looking to trade Pagano wouldn't come out and say it but he wouldn't flat deny it either. I also think the Colts would have kept his injury more under wraps if they were truly looking to move him.

He would have had to go through a physical with his new team before the trade is complete so they would have found out about the injury regardless

Personally, I'd be quite surprised if the Colts can get anything better than a 5th round pick for him. A 4th rounder would surprise me a bit and anything better than that would completely shock me.

I'm a fan of Conner, I like his aggression and his skills in the run defense game, something the Colts would like to have going forward (especially if they emphasize on stopping the run). I would like to see him stay, and would only trade him if the price is very very right. They should get something of value in return, not just a late pick (to dump him).

He would have had to go through a physical with his new team before the trade is complete so they would have found out about the injury regardless

yes I know and odds are he would fail that physical if he's hurt which would void the trade. So if they were really looking to trade him they wouldn't be saying he's hurt because that's pretty much saying he's untradeable because he can't pass the physical.

Conner is a quality ILB... We will not be better at the position if we trade him away, but we do have other quality guys there. I think that we are deep at the position and nobody has come out with any details about what we would expect for him, so I will reserve judgement about any possible trade except to say that it would be a smart move if the value was right. We might end up having to cut Harvey and get nothing for him when another team grabs him up. If we can get something (at a needier position) for Conner (who may or may not be our 2nd best ILB) we can strengthen another position and keep Harvey to lessen the blow at ILB.

Angerer is no burner, but he plays fast. He was slow last season, but it was obvious that he was hampered by injury. The season before, he was all over the field.

I like Conner he is physical & a thumper, but not all pro material, & sometimes guess's and is out of position. I think he would be better than Angerer if the DL can't keep the OL off our LBers. If the LBers are free Angerer would be better because he runs better and is a good chase an tackle guy. Angerer only problem is when he needs to take on OL guys straight up. He is not strong enough!

Your closing statement is the overall problem, Before our ILB's were not strong enough The following 4 are on a rather consistent basis (Its not realistic for it to happen all the time but hopefully the majority):

Can (pretty consistently

1.Harvey

2.Conner

3.Louiseau

4.Sheppard

Can Not (consistently)

Angerer

Freeman

(I can give examples if want if you DVR'd the game)

The real big problem is gap integrity