Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Looking To Trade Linebacker Kavell Conner (Merge)

HtownColt

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's just put DB on the list with Fleener. So many thinks they need to be either cut, a firing squad, tar and feathers, shot, hung or whatever negative thing that could be thought of. It amazing that so many thinks they know better and are more informed that Griggs and Pagano. It's just as amazing that so many can see into the future with so much clarity. And I thought that being a GM and a head coach were hard jobs. It looks like I was mistaken since a whole lot of people can sit in their living room and do a better job. 

found off Rotoworld...

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Colts ILB Kavell Conner is on the trade block.

A starter most of the past three seasons, Conner tallied 54 tackles in 2012, but played just 326 snaps. He's an early-down thumper. It's an indication the Colts want to start Pat Angerer opposite Jerrell Freeman.

Interesting

@RapSheet: Another guy being dangled in a possible trade, this time by #Colts? ILB Kavell Conner. had 54 tackles last year Trying to find value...

@RapSheet: @UKColtsFans @StampedeBlue He is up for a trade. Wasn't being hypothetical.

It'd be interesting to see what we could get for him.

I wouldn't be against a trade, personally.

Really?!

Grigson, I've supported your moves since coming here but this one I do NOT like! Connor & Freeman did damage together last season.

What is the world coming to?! :Nuke::panic:

Dang.  Dude, TK, it's okay...  Our ILb's are all interchangeable. They're all solid, but there isn't a star among them.  Conner will NOT make or break our season.

I really like Connor, I think he's very solid. I would rather have him starting than Angerer, mainly because of his durability. I always liked the LB being Freeman and Connor, they looked the best when on the field together.

I will be frustrated with this moved unless we get a 3rd/4th round pick(probably won't happen) or some good quality OLine(preferably Guard). But even then, I thought Holmes/Thornton played very well last night, wouldn't mind seeing them in the regular season instead of Satele/McGlynn...ugh McGlynn.

I guess I won't overreact yet since the trade hasn't happened.

I think most people are looking at this all wrong......it's not that the FO is choosing Angerer over Connor..........this has more to do with the continued growth of Mario Harvey than anything.

A starting duo of Angerer and Freeman with Sheppard and Harvey as back-ups is just as, or maybe even more effective (IMHO) than that of Connor and Freeman with Angerer, Sheppard and Harvey.

A side thought on this matter may be that they are trying to add to a position of weakness on the roster from a position of strength?  Maybe swapping Connor for an up and coming OT, WR or DB is on the horizon? After all, to get quality you have to give up quality.....

Just my .02!

Dang. Dude, TK, it's okay... Our ILb's are all interchangeable. They're all solid, but there isn't a star among them. Conner will NOT make or break our season.

But Connor & Freeman were Robin & Batman. You can't have Batman without Robin. Sure the Bat is still good, but Robin made him that much better :(

I think most people are looking at this all wrong......it's not that the FO is choosing Angerer over Connor..........this has more to do with the continued growth of Mario Harvey than anything.

A starting duo of Angerer and Freeman with Sheppard and Harvey as back-ups is just as, or maybe even more effective (IMHO) than that of Connor and Freeman with Angerer, Sheppard and Harvey.

A side thought on this matter may be that they are trying to add to a position of weakness on the roster from a position of strength?  Maybe swapping Connor for an up and coming OT, WR or DB is on the horizon? After all, to get quality you have to give up quality.....

Just my .02!

I agree with the Mario Harvey statement......he has been solid.

Is it possible that they are doing this to make room to give mcnary a shot also I don't see the point if they cant get an extra pick in next years draft for him.

Maybe we get an olineman from this trade. Grigson has put much emphasis on protecting Andrew Luck. And Grigson being an ex-lineman, I believe he's gonna give it 110% to make sure he reaches that goal

To my knowledge; every trade Grigson has started was completed. Could be wrong though

Could be wrong?    You should bet money that you're wrong.

Every GM -- not just Grigson -- talks with lots of other GM's about possible trades.   The vast majority of them never go anywhere.  But there is talk...   dialogue...   and the deal doesn't work out.

And the same is true in every other sport.    Most trade talks do not lead to trades.   The deal doesn't pan out for whatever reason.    The number of actual trades is small compared to the number of trade conversations....

Not trying to give you a hard time here....   just wanted to clarify things....

If there is a trade,  it will likely be for a player that another team would like to move due to a surplus at a position.  Same as the Colts.

If it's for a pick,  I can't imagine it being for anything higher than a 6, and just as likely, it could be a 7.   That's about what you'd expect for a back-up ILB....

Freeney didn't, and Mike Jenkins

Ahh, so he's missed 2 trades. Well; really one cause J. Jones was trying to hustle us for Mike Jenkins and Grigson wasn't having it. He wantes high picks for Jenkins or a very good player. Then once Grigson wasn't falling for it, he said he wasn't trading anymore.

I like Conner he is physical & a thumper, but not all pro material, & sometimes guess's and is out of position. I think he would be better than Angerer if the DL can't keep the OL off our LBers. If the LBers are free Angerer would be better because he runs better and is a good chase an tackle guy. Angerer only problem is when he needs to take on OL guys straight up. He is not strong enough!