Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Looking To Trade Linebacker Kavell Conner (Merge)

HtownColt

I don't understand how anyone can call Angerer injury prone. He hasn't been in the NFL long enough to draw that label. His came back too soon from his original injury if my memory is correct. He was drafted in 2010. His 1st start came in week 6 against the Redskins and he had 11 tackles, 1 sack and 2 passes defended. In 2011 he started all 16 games and lead the Colts in tackles with 146. He may not be the fastest or the strongest but he is a very smart player. He is well worth a roster spot on the Colts. 

I didn't say "injury prone"  I said injury issue. He basically missed an entire year with a foot injury, and has had screws inserted.  Too another team that could throw up red flags, meaning he wouldn't be as tradeable as Conner.  I don't want us to trade either of them, and I agree he is very smart and worth a roster spot.

The post wasn't about Angerer's flaws, just Conner would be more "valuable" to another team right now.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't say "injury prone"  I said injury issue. He basically missed an entire year with a foot injury, and has had screws inserted.  Too another team that could throw up red flags, meaning he wouldn't be as tradeable as Conner.  I don't want us to trade either of them, and I agree he is very smart and worth a roster spot.

The post wasn't about Angerer's flaws, just Conner would be more "valuable" to another team right now.

My comment was not directly in response to you. I made the comment in reply to the general consensus that Angerer and his injury background that was brought up in quite a few post. There seems to be a few who's memories don't seem to go back more than one season. 

Your closing statement is the overall problem, Before our ILB's were not strong enough The following 4 are on a rather consistent basis (Its not realistic for it to happen all the time but hopefully the majority):

Can (pretty consistently

1.Harvey

2.Conner

3.Louiseau

4.Sheppard

Can Not (consistently)

Angerer

Freeman

(I can give examples if want if you DVR'd the game)

The real big problem is gap integrity

Re watching games but in a 3/4 if the DL does there job hold point of attach an occupy OL the LB is then free to run & hit. What I am saying is Angerer is not good at taking linemen on straight up Conner is much better than Angerer at that.

Conner has done even less than Sheppard this preseason. Just sayin

I am convinced that Pags does not have confidence in Conner, and I have no reason why.

To me he has been underused and unappreciated.  He is the best run stopper we have, and we need to turn him loose on the blitz too!!!  That is IF he is not traded for a two-side menu plate at Panda Express.  :)

Looks like he made the roster.

Sam_puckett_-_awkward.gif

Actually, he probably has more trade value now than just before cuts.

or what Pagano said about those reports not being true was right.  Who knows?  Maybe they shopped him and came to the conclusion he was more valuable to them on the roster than what they were going to get him in trade.  My guess is that if they were trying to trade him they thought he was good enough to be a starter for someone and were seeing if they could get someone to give them something valuable for him.  Maybe they over estimated his value or maybe it's something as simple as the injury ended trade talks or this was just a bogus report to start with? 

• 3 weeks later...