Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day - 06/20

sb41champs

Today's Question of the Day is focused on the Colts 30th year celebration !!

During what year of the Colts Indianapolis tenure did you become a fan ??

Day 1. Was already a huge NFL fan (9 or 10 years old I think) and when I heard the news, when I saw those Mayflower trucks......ain't been a minute since I didn't ooze blue from every pour. 

first year in Indy was also my 25th as a Colts fan. As a youngster, I can remember the way that Unitas would lead the team to a 4th quarter comeback by outworking other teams in a very blue collar type manner.

You got me by a few years.  But even as a child I felt the pain of SB3.  

1984...Jim Irsay was GM & Van Halen released an iconic album by the same name "Drop Dead Legs" was my favorite track on that cassette too not "Jump" or "Hot For Teacher" either.

1998...Saw the drafting of 18 & my constant defending of him as a future elite QB to my Green Bay Packer family members who thought I was insane.  haha

1984...Jim Irsay was GM & Van Halen released an iconic album by the same name "Drop Dead Legs" was my favorite track on that cassette too not "Jump" or "Hot For Teacher" either.

1998...Saw the drafting of 18 & my constant defending of him as a future elite QB to my Green Bay Packer family members who thought I was insane.  haha

Great songs, I was not very old in the 80's, as a matter of fact, I had just turned 7 years old  december 11th of '89 but I cant help feel a strong connection with the 80's as well as the early 90's.....Ahhhhhhh to be a kid again! Now Im 30 and wondering where have the years gone, Forrest Gump may have well been the best movie of the 90's.Came out in '94...I have it

Back in 1958 I was 10 yrs. old and watched the NFL Championship between the Colts and the Giants.

Sometimes called the Greatest Game Ever Played...

Well, I had been a Colts fan for a couple of years before then, but that game sold me on the NFL and

Unitas became my first sports hero (Mantle was pretty hot then too but that's another story).

I have been a Colts fan ever since, not withstanding the years I lived in Colorado form 1970-1995 and enjoyed the Broncos

run from being awful to one of the better franchises, and the Elway Era. Heartbreaks and All.

Family matters brought me back to Indiana in '95 and I started to follow the Colts again, saw glimpses of promise for a long suffering franchise.  I thoroughly enjoyed the Broncos back to back SB victories, cried when Elway retired!

Then in '98 the Colts drafted Mr. Manning, the most gifted QB to come out since Elway, I knew the Colts were in for a good run,

and was amazed that I was going to be front and center to experience greatness again. Not as many SB victories as I expected, but it was a heckuva run the Colts had 2000-2010. Amazing!

Now, how in the world did this franchise have the good fortune to acquire the services of Mr. A. Luck, I really don't know, but

I am sure going to sit back and enjoy another long run of watching the next primiere QB work his magic...

Colts are my #1 Team, Broncos #2...

What a Long Strange Trip It's Been!

2011. As a foreigner i wanted to support a team, picked a few teams who i have heard of and stuck them in a hat, picked out colts. Little did i know they were doing terrible that year but i still think i made a good choice to stick with them. My mate did the same thing and he got the jags haha

Little did i also know that when i told my dad i started supporting the colts he told me that was his team but he supported them in the late 80's.

Today's Question of the Day is focused on the Colts 30th year celebration !!

During what year of the Colts Indianapolis tenure did you become a fan ??

Depends on how you define it.  I had favored them for many years because they had a lot of Iowa guys on the roster and where nearby anyways. 

But I didn't make it a point to start watching every game until just this last season.

1999 - I was actually a Raiders fan all my life, then a friend of mine took me to my first NFL game - opening day against the Bills and the Colts crushed them (along with Thurman Thomas on the first play of the game)!  I've been hooked on the Colts ever since.

mid 90's.  Jim harbaugh was the QB when I started to really watch the Colts.  I was little before then and don't recall paying any attention to sports.  Maybe WWF wrestling : )

Ahhhhhh WWF......Back when wrestling WAS entertaining and WRESTLING