Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thumbs up or Thumbs down?

Dark Superman

I assume the OP and some others are watching 'Gamechangers' on NFLN...

We draft later in the third and I think I would take a risk on this guy. He could benefit from a coach like Pagano and the staff we have.

When I listen to these guys talk I want to hear confidence and certainty... I heard that from the Honey Badger and from Kenny Vaccaro. I also liked what I heard from two QBs... Jordan Rodgers and Geno Smith. 

I would definitely take him in the 3rd.  I think he is a natural football player.  He can cover, he can tackle, he has ball skills.  I think he will be a very good player.  I don't think a player becomes a Heisman candidate, especially on defense, without talent.  2nd round is too high to take him (though it's very possible he does go in that round), but I would take him in the 3rd.  If he kept his nose clean, he could have been a first rounder.  Personally, I think his off the field issues are overblown

I would definitely take him in the 3rd.  I think he is a natural football player.  He can cover, he can tackle, he has ball skills.  I think he will be a very good player.  I don't think a player becomes a Heisman candidate, especially on defense, without talent.  2nd round is too high to take him (though it's very possible he does go in that round), but I would take him in the 3rd.  If he kept his nose clean, he could have been a first rounder.  Personally, I think his off the field issues are overblown

This.

His cultural(his words) growing up is one thing... being around the kind of people that promote that behavior is another. He can learn from his past and use it now to know he just can't be that kid anymore. If he were there for us in the third round I would have to think he knows he is going to a team where he can learn his trade at the pro level and nurture a new lifestyle while being around people that want to support his progress as an individual and role model.

Plus the dude reminds me of Blake Griffin and we all know he is a PLAYMAKER!!!  :monkeydance:

I would definitely take him in the 3rd. I think he is a natural football player. He can cover, he can tackle, he has ball skills. I think he will be a very good player. I don't think a player becomes a Heisman candidate, especially on defense, without talent. 2nd round is too high to take him (though it's very possible he does go in that round), but I would take him in the 3rd. If he kept his nose clean, he could have been a first rounder. Personally, I think his off the field issues are overblown

Much like Jenoris Jenkins last year. I think the whole "smoking weed" aspect about players is as you say "overblown". Give me a pot head over a drunk any day. Yes, I am fully aware its an illegal act, and no I don't participate in it, but based on perspective, its treated in a higher regard than PED's in my opinion.

I HIGHLY doubt the guy lasts past the 2nd round like Jenkins did last year. A team will take a chance on him and probably gain a great player at a low cost. It wouldn't surprise me to see him be one of the premier nickel corners in the league relatively quickly.

This.

His cultural(his words) growing up is one thing... being around the kind of people that promote that behavior is another. He can learn from his past and use it now to know he just can't be that kid anymore. If he were there for us in the third round I would have to think he knows he is going to a team where he can learn his trade at the pro level and nurture a new lifestyle while being around people that want to support his progress as an individual and role model.

Plus the dude reminds me of Blake Griffin and we all know he is a PLAYMAKER!!!  :monkeydance:

Blake Griffin?

Much like Jenoris Jenkins last year. I think the whole "smoking weed" aspect about players is as you say "overblown". Give me a pot head over a drunk any day. Yes, I am fully aware its an illegal act, and no I don't participate in it, but based on perspective, its treated in a higher regard than PED's in my opinion.

I HIGHLY doubt the guy lasts past the 2nd round like Jenkins did last year. A team will take a chance on him and probably gain a great player at a low cost. It wouldn't surprise me to see him be one of the premier nickel corners in the league relatively quickly.

its not that he smoked weed, its he smoked weed after having been in trouble for smoking weed before. how do you think he is going too act after getting paid. no thanks. let the titans or Bengals take him.. maybe the raiders

No thumbs down he is too small for the nfl he may prove me wrong but idk

That's what I was getting ready to ask. Isn't he a small guy, who's slow? And most likely will have to play what, fs? I'm sure there are many more other safety's to choose from.

That's what I was getting ready to ask. Isn't he a small guy, who's slow? And most likely will have to play what, fs? I'm sure there are many more other safety's to choose from.

Yep he is small I just think the nfl will be alot different then college for him not to mention the full season off