Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We're not even in the topic of discussion of the playoffs....

bap1331

http://www.nfl.com/m/article/0ap1000000119978/denver-broncos-new-england-patriots-top-super-bowl-favorites They even mentioned the Bengals and Texans over us... I think we can make a good run...

Ravens: I think our d can force flacco to make mistakes. If Peyton had problems scoring with them then Adam vinatieri is the key with Ballard and the defense. They will pressure Andrew luck all game. I say we go no huddle all game...

Patriots: unless the Bengals beat the Texans, we are stuck in foxborough. The only key is to keep Brady off the field. Andrew luck scoring touchdowns isn't going to cut it. Brady will come back in and just easily score. Ballard needs to have a productive game our defense doesn't get tired. Mathis and freeney are the key. We have to go giants style pressure this game.

Texans-not too much to say. I think we can pull it off. They're looking like they are getting tired...

Broncos- keeping Brady of the field is not the same as keeping Peyton off the field. Remember when the dolphins kept him off the field for 55 minutes and he still managed to have 3-4 scoring drives to win the game? Wear out the defense and force Peyton to choke... luck will do his magic in the last 2 min of the game...

I hope Pagano and the front office is listening to my expert analysis... -_-

lol

I think if by some miracle we beat the Ravens away from LOS, we will only get to the divisional round. LOS and the 12th man won us the games against teams that are actually good. Remember, we were MURDERED by Houston and New England away from Lucas.

I love being the underdog this season. I was afraid that because of the existence of Luck, we would be expected to do too much. Thankfully, only Colts fans have been unrealistic....or perhaps overzealous is a better word. The writers can just continue to forget about our possibilities. Keep counting us out!

I think if by some miracle we beat the Ravens away from LOS, we will only get to the divisional round. LOS and the 12th man won us the games against teams that are actually good. Remember, we were MURDERED by Houston and New England away from Lucas.

In no way were we murdered by the Texans in Reliant, we were in it until the 4th quarter.  We were however raped by the Patriots!

We were not murdered by the Texans. Two mistakes lost that game. In fact I posted in another thread, three mistakes cost us the AFC South Championship and a possible #1 or #2 seed.

If Moore had not fumbled at the 1 and we had scored a TD against the Texans, we have 24 points. If Allen makes his block, we don't have the blocked punt TD against us and the Texans lose 7 points. The final score then is 24-22 Colts.

The other mistake was the 80 yard last minute TD given up to the Jags.

Without those three mistakes, we are 13-3 and have either the #1 or #2 seed.

We got destroyed by the Pats and Jets. We got beat badly by the Bears in the first game of the season, but those are the three of our losses that we truly got beaten badly.

We were not murdered by the Texans. Two mistakes lost that game. In fact I posted in another thread, three mistakes cost us the AFC South Championship and a possible #1 or #2 seed.

If Moore had not fumbled at the 1 and we had scored a TD against the Texans, we have 24 points. If Allen makes his block, we don't have the blocked punt TD against us and the Texans lose 7 points. The final score then is 24-22 Colts.

We got destroyed by the Pats and Jets. We got beat badly by the Bears in the first game of the season, but those are the three of our losses that we truly got beaten badly.

We were out-played by Houston. To be murdered was a long shot to be honest. But the Jets,well, I completely forgot about because I tried to wipe that nightmare from my head.

You got to take these into consideration while considering matchups. To me, it is about which D-lines generate the most pressure vs our O-line, and which QB makes us pay the most for a short field if we commit turnovers plus secondaries Luck is throwing against.

D-lines that generate the most pressure without blitzing:

1. Broncos

2. Texans, Patriots, Ravens - all of these teams have to rush 5 or more to generate max. pressure

QBs that make you pay the most for a short field:

1. Brady

2. Peyton

3. Schaub (several FGs in 2 games vs Colts, 8 I think)

4. Flacco (is very streaky)

Secondaries that have ample ballhawks to get INTs off Luck:

1. Broncos

2. Patriots, Ravens, and Texans all have opportunistic secondaries but then if they have to blitz to generate pressure without just the front four, Luck will have more 1-on-1s to exploit, IMO

Based on all these, hands down, Texans and Ravens are our best matchups in the AFC amongs the playoff teams that are division winners, there are no two ways about it.

http://www.nfl.com/m/article/0ap1000000119978/denver-broncos-new-england-patriots-top-super-bowl-favorites They even mentioned the Bengals and Texans over us... I think we can make a good run...

Ravens: I think our d can force flacco to make mistakes. If Peyton had problems scoring with them then Adam vinatieri is the key with Ballard and the defense. They will pressure Andrew luck all game. I say we go no huddle all game...

Patriots: unless the Bengals beat the Texans, we are stuck in foxborough. The only key is to keep Brady off the field. Andrew luck scoring touchdowns isn't going to cut it. Brady will come back in and just easily score. Ballard needs to have a productive game our defense doesn't get tired. Mathis and freeney are the key. We have to go giants style pressure this game.

Texans-not too much to say. I think we can pull it off. They're looking like they are getting tired...

Broncos- keeping Brady of the field is not the same as keeping Peyton off the field. Remember when the dolphins kept him off the field for 55 minutes and he still managed to have 3-4 scoring drives to win the game? Wear out the defense and force Peyton to choke... luck will do his magic in the last 2 min of the game...

I hope Pagano and the front office is listening to my expert analysis... -_-

lol

Well first off the broncos had no problem scoring on the ravens.

They were up 34 to 3 mid way 4qtr.

I don't think the Ravens O Line is all that stout. I think we are going to keep a consistent amount of pressure on him. I also think we will be able to contain Ray Rice. I think Luck will be able to move the ball on them as well. Honestly, I don't think their D line is as good as the Texans. They may be able to limit us in the running game, but I thik we'll be able to pass on them. The key to me is the same type of strategy we did against Houston on Sunday. Stay with the running game in order to limit the amount of times Luck has to throw into coverage. Keep plenty of short throws, while staying ready to hit them with the chunk plays. We will win with this formula.

I posted in another thread, three mistakes cost us the AFC South Championship and a possible #1 or #2 seed.

And we could JUST as easily have lost nine other games that we won - including against some pretty awful teams. Luck has often been the fine line between winning and losing, and that bodes VERY well for the future, but the team still gave up more points than they scored. Don't get ahead of yourself, they aren't remotely deserving of the 1-2 seed. Thinking that way might leave you very disappointed next year.

Peyton isn't a choker. The colts were. Peyton is not going to be the same Peyton of the colts. Much more complete team. I hate how Colts fans (not saying you feel this way) totally change from defending the mistakes that were made by the colts to Peyton is a choker and not the same QB in the playoffs.

Peyton is kind of a choker in the playoffs. The loses are on all 22 starters, but 18 didn't help matters. In fact the one Superbowl we won while he was here was thanks in part to an amazing playoff defense, a crazy Reggie Wayne catch, and D. Rhodes. You can throw all the stats at me you want to, but Peyton wasn't the all time great QB in the playoffs that he was in the regular season. Not saying we will beat Denver, but there is a lot more to the Broncos than Peyton. We can't say he won't be the same Peyton until we actually see him. It's all speculation right now. 

To bad WE aint going to get through baltimore There gonna run up and down the field on us, Flacco is a Monster at home  and with a side order of RICE

What are you saying "WE" you aren't a "We" you are a Ravens fan. You sir are a "They". Unless Flacco has come down with Lyncanthropy he is not a monster anywhere. I don't see them running up and down the field except during warm ups. This isn't going to be a blow out either way. 

You got to take these into consideration while considering matchups. To me, it is about which D-lines generate the most pressure vs our O-line, and which QB makes us pay the most for a short field if we commit turnovers plus secondaries Luck is throwing against.

D-lines that generate the most pressure without blitzing:

1. Broncos

2. Texans, Patriots, Ravens - all of these teams have to rush 5 or more to generate max. pressure

QBs that make you pay the most for a short field:

1. Brady

2. Peyton

3. Schaub (several FGs in 2 games vs Colts, 8 I think)

4. Flacco (is very streaky)

Secondaries that have ample ballhawks to get INTs off Luck:

1. Broncos

2. Patriots, Ravens, and Texans all have opportunistic secondaries but then if they have to blitz to generate pressure without just the front four, Luck will have more 1-on-1s to exploit, IMO

Based on all these, hands down, Texans and Ravens are our best matchups in the AFC amongs the playoff teams that are division winners, there are no two ways about it.

I think Luck is a fast learner though. All his mistakes cost him this past season but he learned everything quick. I was glad when he made mistakes because then he learns better.

He learned how to deal with blitzes and definetely will use false starts to his advantage this weekend.

Peyton is kind of a choker in the playoffs. The loses are on all 22 starters, but 18 didn't help matters. In fact the one Superbowl we won while he was here was thanks in part to an amazing playoff defense, a crazy Reggie Wayne catch, and D. Rhodes. You can throw all the stats at me you want to, but Peyton wasn't the all time great QB in the playoffs that he was in the regular season. Not saying we will beat Denver, but there is a lot more to the Broncos than Peyton. We can't say he won't be the same Peyton until we actually see him. It's all speculation right now. 

Hes a choker...

When he didnt choke throughout the playoffs in 09...he did it on the last drive of the Super Bowl

As much as we like to defend him, im a Luck fan now...

Peyton is our enemy... :)

What are you saying "WE" you aren't a "We" you are a Ravens fan. You sir are a "They". Unless Flacco has come down with Lyncanthropy he is not a monster anywhere. I don't see them running up and down the field except during warm ups. This isn't going to be a blow out either way. 

Hes been a member since December 30th...

Let the trolling begin... -_-

Hes a choker...

When he didnt choke throughout the playoffs in 09...he did it on the last drive of the Super Bowl

Do you know what choke actually means? Did he throw the interception because he couldn't handle the pressure or because Tracy Porter jumped the route on a play that we basically ran on every 3rd down that year?

Do you know what choke actually means? Did he throw the interception because he couldn't handle the pressure or because Tracy Porter jumped the route on a play that we basically ran on every 3rd down that year?

Well then maybe manning should of switched up the play instead of being predictable. He did his far share of choking mostly in playoffs. What really chapped my * was how he would pout after bad plays or someone made a mistake instead of building the team up. If you ask me he way to much business and not enough fun. Love watching luck interact with the team.

Well then maybe manning should of switched up the play instead of being predictable. 

So what your saying is he chocked because he didn't change our most effective play all season at the line and should have known that Tracy Porter was going to jump the route.

436px-CaptainHindsightsdg.jpg

Well then maybe manning should of switched up the play instead of being predictable. He did his far share of choking mostly in playoffs. What really chapped my * was how he would pout after bad plays or someone made a mistake instead of building the team up. If you ask me he way to much business and not enough fun. Love watching luck interact with the team.

Have you ever been to a game at Lucas oil stadium?

Corgi is right... The broncos are getting better every week, I know I live in Co and have seen him in person.. I predicted they would be in the playoffs and the SB the following year.. However; Peyton is synching up quicker than I thought he would with his receivers.. I thought it would be next year before they were doing as well as they are now

Their Defense is Good.. adding Del Rio was a great move...

Can we beat them given the Chance... YES, BUT without out having Turnovers and we need to creat them ourselves.. just like Sunday... That is our ticket throughout the playoffs...

I am more cautious with Brady because of how tough they are at home and the weather, but the key we have here is we have played them and we play teams better after facing them once..

Just going to continue the ride !!!

We play like we did Sunday we can beat anybody

I think you have this backwards.  The only way we face NE is if the Bengals win.

+1 for using the word lycanthropy in a sentence. 

I'm just glad we made it to the playoffs this year. I think we have a fair shot against the Ravens, but I'm not expecting much out of us if we have to visit Denver or Foxborough. It'll be fun though!

We have a pretty good shot against the Ravens.

IFFFFF we beat them, it's very likely we'd wind up going to Foxboro. I don't think the Texans are going to beat the Bengals the way they've looked down the stretch.

Beating the Pats in Foxboro is a tall order -  for ANY team. IFFFFF we can pull that off, though, we have as good a shot as any one winning the SB.

To bad WE aint going to get through baltimore There gonna run up and down the field on us, Flacco is a Monster at home  and with a side order of RICE

Give it a rest Ravens fan...no need to pose.  If you are a Raven fan then own it and just say what you mean and mean what you say. 

Colts fans have a healthy respect for the Ravens but it's not like we are shaking in our boots at the prospect of playing in Baltimore.  Actually, WE wanted YOU perhaps more than YOU wanted US.  This Colts team is inspired and just young enough to be dangerous.  They simply find a way to win often when they are not "supposed to".  See...as Reggie Wayne says "these young guys just don't know any better".  The Colts are coming into Baltimore with steel in their eyes, motivated by inspiration which extends beyond mere X's and O's, and led by a coach who knows the Ravens all too well.  You guys know him also and as such you already know what he is all about.  So underestimate the Colts at your peril.

I wish Peyton the best this year in any game in which we are not playing him.  The Colts rarely surrounded him with strong talent on both D & O.  He should have 2-4 rings now.

But, it's hard for me to accept that experienced football fans can't see that he was a great regular season player, and not much more than average in the post-season.  He carried the team on his back in regular-season, but was just one of the guys in post.