Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vontae Davis!

Dark Superman

Hate to break it to you but Andre Johnson had 12 catches for 141 yards and both interceptions by Davis were a result of bad passes from Schaub.  On the first interception Davis was beaten badly but Schaub way underthrew the ball.

That being said he's still one of the better corners we've had.

neither of Schaubs passes on the Int`s were bad, Davis Beat Andre on the last one, and on the one to the TE QB`s throw them up like that Every Game for their own player to make the play. FEW throws are Perfect.

better watch that first one again.  even the announcers said it was very underthrown.

After the frustrating years our corners always had to play with a 10yd cushion it is nice to see how Vontae is battling one on one with the receivers even if it sometimes ends up with a penalty against him. Bad throw or not, an INT is an INT and I'll take it ;-) 

Butler had a really nice deflection on a play where he was up on the WR too.  I can see why they like both Butler and Vaughn.  I think they are solid back up guys but I would like us to find another number two to Davis this off-season.  I think Davis is finally comfortable in the defense and it's showing the past few weeks. 

Davis is also a great tackler. Blew up quite a few running plays over the past few weeks.

But he gets no respect. I wanted to smash theTV a few weeks ago when some smarta$$ on the NFL Network said something about "calling his grandma", as a dig from the Hard Knocks show. 

Grandmom is pretty proud today, I would guess.  :number1:

I was at the game today and the refs were letting AJ do a lot of pushing off especially on Vontae. He's looking better and better and the guy just has a great nose for the ball. The Colts have to find a legit #2 to put with him next year though that way QB's don't just look to Vaughn's side and play pitch and catch all day.

Hate to break it to you but Andre Johnson had 12 catches for 141 yards and both interceptions by Davis were a result of bad passes from Schaub.  On the first interception Davis was beaten badly but Schaub way underthrew the ball.

That being said he's still one of the better corners we've had.

AND NO TD

He is a physical player and is the physical embodiment of building the monster. I said a few weeks ago that I think he will have a breakout year next year and be one of our leaders on defense ( lead by example). Apparently, he upped his game right after I predicted that.

I was at the game today and the refs were letting AJ do a lot of pushing off especially on Vontae. He's looking better and better and the guy just has a great nose for the ball. The Colts have to find a legit #2 to put with him next year though that way QB's don't just look to Vaughn's side and play pitch and catch all day.

There was one play where AJ just pushed Davis back and no flag. I yelled lol.

Vontae was worth the trade. and Butler is a great signing! corners who "read" routes. The first int  Vontae closed the  gap he almost did that the first game vs Houston this time that TE was so slow... unlike AJ, Schaub can't let that guy "go get it". Second INT Vontae read the route and cut it off. not a bad pass by Schaub just a great read by Vontae.  T.Smith is used alot  for  those 9 routes so we will have to get pressure on Flacco.

He is a physical player and is the physical embodiment of building the monster. I said a few weeks ago that I think he will have a breakout year next year and be one of our leaders on defense ( lead by example). Apparently, he upped his game right after I predicted that.

Can you start predicting a win against baltimore?

yeah and physical cb's are going to get the pi calls or holding calls every once and awhile. until they start giving them that star treatment, or if their a physical D they seem to let them play more physical and aggressive. at least its seem like that against us a lot, heh