Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Harrison vs Wayne

T Y Goodbye

I have a feeling that this is going to stir up a good debate. Who overall do you think is better..Harrison, or Wayne...Harrison had a couple years before Reggie, and Reggie has had a couple since Marvin left football.. I'm just curious to see what our family here has to think about this one...And, take this into account..Marvin had every year with Peyton...Reggie's in his second without...

The reason I'm posting this is that I really can't decide...What do you think?

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, September 25, 2012 - poor taste
Hidden by 21isSuperman, September 25, 2012 - poor taste

I have a feeling that this is going to stir up a good debate. Who overall do you think is better..Harrison, or Wayne...Harrison had a couple years before Reggie, and Reggie has had a couple since Marvin left football.. I'm just curious to see what our family here has to think about this one...And, take this into account..Marvin had every year with Peyton...Reggie's in his second without...

reggie didnt shoot anyone so i'll say him and marvin didnt have every year with peyton.

Marvin also had two years before Peyton and had Peyton as a rookie. In a lot of ways Reggie and Marvin are going to end up balanced in that regard because Luck looks really good.

I think Marvin is better although if I was starting a team and got told I could have Reggie Wayne in his prime as my number one guy I wouldn't complain.

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, September 25, 2012 - response to hidden post
Hidden by 21isSuperman, September 25, 2012 - response to hidden post

reggie didnt shoot anyone so i'll say him and marvin didnt have every year with peyton.

Why even bring that up? What does that have to do with who is the better player? No question Marvin is better. Get out of here with that disrespect.

Marvin, then Reggie.. as much as I love the both of them, thats how i see it.. I don't even know how many TD's ive seen marvin score where no one is within 15 yards of him because his route running was top notch.. Reggie is the man though too.. ahhhhhh my head is gonna explodeee

Reggies had the case of the drops, a few stick out in my mind at the worst times (Super Bowl vs New Orleans) after Manning through the pick 6 because of a bad route by Reggie and then Reggie dropped a pass in the end zone on the next possession that would have brought us back to within 1 score. his route running is much better but not on Marvins level, and Marvin was clearly faster

Reggie started with Marvin established on the team. I think Reggie while not as much of a home run threat as 88 was in his prime, has enjoyed similar success and has continued longevity. They have similar qualities as players, and I think it's closer than some are saying, but 88 had more years with 18.

Marvelous Marvin is a top 5 wide receiver of all time. Not sure anyone can say that about Reggie, although I am obviously a huge fan.

I love how both these guys just fly under the radar. They both have displayed unbelievable consistency at the position without ever being a prima donna.

Tough one. Each brings/brought a different dynamic to the game. I also think each one helped the other become what they are. I would have to give the edge to Marvin because I think he initially played a larger role in Reggie's success than vice versa. However, I believe neither becomes what they are without the other (and Peyton).

Not even close.

I like Reggie more from a personal standpoint.

But Marvin Harrison is the best WR in Colts history, Indy or Baltimore. Marvin is probably one of the 5 or 6 best WRs to ever play. Marvin in his prime changed how teams played defense.

Even in his prime, Reggie never forced opponents to change their entire defensive gameplan. Reggie is much beloved. Reggie might even make it to the Hall of Fame one day. But Reggie will never be considered an all-time great.

I'll take Reggie!

Its been a while so that could be the reason I dont remember, but at this moment I dont recall a lot of circus / tough catches by Marvin ... it seemed like he got most of his receptions streaking down the field. Reggie this season has been making circus catch after circus catch ... as he has said its like he is a rookie again.