Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts draft class ranked #3 in nfl.com power rankings

I will admit I was pretty skeptical of a lot of these Picks, but after studying up on these guys there isn’t a single one of them that I’m not excited about. I think all these guys (even the 7th rounders) can make a splash this season and next season.

6 minutes ago, TheMose said:

The Raiders took so many high risk high rewards players that I could definitely see them having the worst draft but wouldn't be all that surprised to see them having the best draft.

After kind of keeping an eye on the moves they made this offseason, I feel like the Colts dodged a HUGE bullet by not hiring Gruden, and I was admittedly (and stupidly) all about bringing him in. Having said that, I do agree that their draft class (mainly Hall, Key, & Hurst) looks to have some potential, even with that 31st ranking. It's obvious they're trying to add some pieces on defense to complement Khalil Mack, which is something that's been way overdue for them.

I just read the article from one of the Colts.com writers about the 2 hour meeting with Ballard the other day. Holy cow thats some great insite. Trying to imagine Polian or Grigs doing that... yeah, nah m8.

I feel good about this draft. Certainly fits the scheme of both the coaches and Ballard, and the culture they want to build. All the picks are high character guys, all of theme freak athletes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lollygagger8 said:

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!!! I'm so ticked off right now I could......

Oh wait, # 3 is pretty good. 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

If you ain't first, your last.....

I've always heard-

"Do you know what second place is? First place loser."

3 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Not too shabby for a draft class that didn't have many of the "household names" outside of Quenton Nelson that a lot of us wanted.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000930789/article/2018-nfl-draft-class-power-rankings-teams-18

I know it's the popular thing to do, but it  just seems foolish to do rankings before they have even played a down.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheMarine said:

I just read the article from one of the Colts.com writers about the 2 hour meeting with Ballard the other day. Holy cow thats some great insite. Trying to imagine Polian or Grigs doing that... yeah, nah m8.

I feel good about this draft. Certainly fits the scheme of both the coaches and Ballard, and the culture they want to build. All the picks are high character guys, all of theme freak athletes.

What article?

3 hours ago, TheMarine said:

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Go-Inside-The-Colts’-Draft-Room-With-Chris-Ballard/6533061e-471d-4bcc-a640-5285b34d25a6

Me too, it was really insightful!

1 hour ago, Cynjin said:

I know it's the popular thing to do, but it  just seems foolish to do rankings before they have even played a down.

I concur. There is nothing more ridiculous than post-draft evaluations. Thats whats funny about draft evaluators who are never held to their evaluations. ESPN finally ran the clip of Kiper stating that Jimmy Clausen would be a starter after 6 years or he would quit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ColtV said:

I concur. There is nothing more ridiculous than post-draft evaluations. Thats whats funny about draft evaluators who are never held to their evaluations. ESPN finally ran the clip of Kiper stating that Jimmy Clausen would be a starter after 6 years or he would quit.

I saw that. Kiper will never quit though. They need someone to yell “Todd! Todd! Todd!”

Thats why I dont get upset about who specifically is drafted. I follow it heavily, certainly, and have my opinions on whom I think will be good, but Ive watched 28 drafts and I know how many times I've been ridiculously wrong on players. What I try to focus on in the immediate are "did we address an area of need." If we dont do that, then I get frustrated.

But seriously, professionals, who's job it is to evaluate, might hit on 1 out of 3 prospects, that should be a wake up call for people to consider that their own evaluations may not be that great.

40 minutes ago, ColtV said:

i do it for fun, and if im right bragging rights 

its hard when we take a bunch of unknown players though.  history says some of these guys wont pan out and some will, we are just guessing for the hell of it since its the offseason 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!!! I'm so ticked off right now I could......

Oh wait, # 3 is pretty good. 

Funny this is like the only good reviews I’ve seen or heard. All pre draft build up it was quinton Nelson is a stud and nasty and then after the draft they were asked to name the 5 players with a mean streak and he doesn’t make the list anymore and it is Hernandez etc etc. Not that it matters to me but it’s like as soon as he became a Colt and not a Giant or Bronco and he is over rated. I like every pick...I think we will have a good young core come from this draft.

Pumped for this season. It’s going to be interesting, no matter what. Just bought tickets to the home opener. :cheer2:

I’m on my phone or I’d add a couple pics of Quenton Nelson and Darius Leonard. Both are ripped and extremely fit. Yes, even Nelson. If you are an Instagram person, check them out.

This doesn't mean that much to me except in the sense that because I didn't know most of these guys they picked and yet the "experts" seem to think they still did pretty good makes me feel a little better.  I would expect that these experts would know more about these guys and know if they are worthy or not.

4 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

So where’d we land on this... should we talk about the draft or just pretend it didn’t happen?

Haha why must everything be so dichotomous?

All I’m saying is the hot-takes are pointless. There’s literally thousands of other aspects to discuss about the draft without declaring it a success or failure a few days after it happened.

• Like 1