Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sign Bowman....

5 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

I would love Bowman, but I don't think Ballard is interested in signing older vets. Althought Bowman could still play for 6 or 7 more years. Our ILB's are trash right now though so you never know! 

I know he isn't his younger self. Obviously he has had a drop off in his pass coverage but it still is likely better than what we have. The 9ers have a good front 7 and we have other teams castoffs. We rode with an old DQ who was let go from the browns. If the price is right it could help bring some experience, to an inexperienced defense. 2 year deal?

5 minutes ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

I was so sure that this read would appear here!

Anyway...as others said, I doubt Ballard would ever bring him in, he's working on rejuvenation of the team, a vet doesn't fit in that strategy.

This is one I think he would give some thought to if for no reason other than depth and upping the competition.  Contract would be short term for sure.    I'm not banging on the table for the signing but I could see him do this one.

11 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

I think it would work if he's a good leader (think Cory Redding). To have a vocal veteran to get our young defense anchored would be great. If Bowman isn't like that though, or not willing to do that, then I say no.

I might be wrong but I have never seen him as the leader type like CR was

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

So he fixes our lack of coverage at the ILB position how?

Good question. He is not his old himself any more. And he has just lost his job in san fran to some younger guys, who - as we saw on sunday - not exactly Luke Kuechlys of the world...

And the thing is, the Colts don't need another run stopper 'cause Bostics / Morrison can stop the rush. What they can't do is to cover. So if Bowman can't cover any more, he'd be a dead weight here....

10 minutes ago, Peterk2011 said:

Good question. He is not his old himself any more. And he has just lost his job in san fran to some younger guys, who - as we saw on sunday - not exactly Luke Kuechlys of the world...

And the thing is, the Colts don't need another run stopper 'cause Bostics / Morrison can stop the rush. What they can't do is to cover. So if Bowman can't cover any more, he'd be a dead weight here....

My thoughts exactly 

Just now, jameszeigler834 said:

Our ILB are horrible against the run too he is better than who we have now.

Um. Actually no, they've been pretty stout against the run

1 hour ago, Peterk2011 said:

He's better against the run than anyone we have. I don't think he's good enough in coverage to be a notable upgrade.

54 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Because he was on the bench.   Not to say he can't still play,   but that's why he wanted out.   No team made a trade offer for him

No one wanted to take on his contract.  Now that he's a FA he will get plenty of interest.  He fits the Ballard profile and I expect Ballard and Rosenhaus to be talking.  We are one hit away from losing Bostic or Morrison.  The season is still young.  Makes perfect sense to bring him in IMO. 

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

No one wanted to take on his contract.  Now that he's a FA he will get plenty of interest.  He fits the Ballard profile and I expect Ballard and Rosenhaus to be talking.  We are one hit away from losing Bostic or Morrison.  The season is still young.  Makes perfect sense to bring him in IMO. 

If he wants to come here.   I'm guessing he wants to go to a team that can get a ring this year

Just now, jvan1973 said:

He got benched last week against the colts

I believe he was their leading tackler against the Colts and also their leading tackler for the year.  The question is can Ballard convince him we are a contender?   I think he can and it will probably take a two or three year deal to bring him in.