Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck Update

TKnight24

2 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Even if Luck plays week 1 he'll probably be extremely rusty and Colts will probably lose as a result.  Still he'd give us our best chance to win as our backups all suck. 

No, Tolzien sucks. Worst QB in the NFL 

Morris I'll feel confident with week 1 but clearly Tolzien has blackmail on someone.

It's no way anyone with decent sense can feel he is a starter or even a backup in the NFL 

9 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

Morris I'll feel confident with week 1 but clearly Tolzien has blackmail on someone.

It's no way anyone with decent sense can feel he is a starter or even a backup in the NFL 

Morris is better than Tolzien but that's not saying much.  To be honest, Kap (who is still jobless) is better than both.  But we know that's not happening here.

3 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Morris is better than Tolzien but that's not saying much.  To be honest, Kap (who is still jobless) is better than both.  But we know that's not happening here.

Idk what it is. But Tolzien is not the answer. Doubt I'll be watching any games in the regular season if he's the starter. Just not even worth it 

Sounds like Luck is healing well so maybe by week 3 

43 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

I have seen Tolzien only once, in that last year's regular season game against Pittsburgh. He did look OK to me. Actually, I think he played kinda decent. From a backup perspective ofc. Did he have a lucky day back then or did he regress since? Btw, I haven't seen Morris, nor Walker until tonight. Well, I have to say Walker looked awful. :( The game was way too fast for him. Morris was better, but .... well, my jaw didn't drop seeing him neither.

Good news regarding Luck's progression, altough this is what I've been expecting all along anyway. If he needs a few more weeks - including 1-2 of the regular season - I'm fine with it. Not happy, but his future is way more important. Let's say, he'll miss 2 weeks. If we could somehow pull the LA game that would be fantastic. (We'll loose the 2nd, but I would be more than fine with 1:1 after 2 weeks without Luck.)

9 minutes ago, Peterk2011 said:

I have seen Tolzien only once, in that last year's regular season game against Pittsburgh. He did look OK to me. Actually, I think he played kinda decent. From a backup perspective ofc. Did he have a lucky day back then or did he regress since? Btw, I haven't seen Morris, nor Walker until tonight. Well, I have to say Walker looked awful. :( The game was way too fast for him. Morris was better, but .... well, my jaw didn't drop seeing him neither.

Good news regarding Luck's progression, altough this is what I've been expecting all along anyway. If he needs a few more weeks - including 1-2 of the regular season - I'm fine with it. Not happy, but his future is way more important. Let's say, he'll miss 2 weeks. If we could somehow pull the LA game that would be fantastic. (We'll loose the 2nd, but I would be more than fine with 1:1 after 2 weeks without Luck.)

I get none of our backups are world class but you gotta go with the better player 

Tired of coaches picking players just because they know the playbook more or they're the vet. Put your best players out there 

Tolzien is not the best QB. I don't care what he does in practice, it's not translating to winning football on the field 

Wade Phillips has to be kicking his dentures waiting to unleash that Rams defense on Tolzien come week 1

Again, nothing definitive, nor anything different than I have been saying for months now.  Evidently, Luck is close to clearing the last hurdles in his rehab throwing program.  When that happens we do not know, and he must not rush it and suffer any setbacks in doing so.  I still think he is likely to be taken off taken off the PUP at or just after the last pre-season game.  Maybe he gets in enough team drills to get the go ahead and do the Rams game plan install and practice with the team the week prior to week 1.  He might still play game 1, and nothing so far has made me want to adjust this hope or line of thinking.  Still, we have to let it play out over the next few weeks.

38 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

I get none of our backups are world class but you gotta go with the better player 

Tired of coaches picking players just because they know the playbook more or they're the vet. Put your best players out there 

Tolzien is not the best QB. I don't care what he does in practice, it's not translating to winning football on the field 

Wade Phillips has to be kicking his dentures waiting to unleash that Rams defense on Tolzien come week 1

I get it, my question was about why do you see more chance with Morris? According to that little I have seen from these guys, Tolzien looked better for me in real game situation. But I might very well missing things, so that's why asking. :)

35 minutes ago, Peterk2011 said:

I get it, my question was about why do you see more chance with Morris? According to that little I have seen from these guys, Tolzien looked better for me in real game situation. But I might very well missing things, so that's why asking. :)

Tolzien is what he is at this point 

Morris at least has chance to grow and looks better than Tolzien at this very moment. I wanna see him with the 1st unit Saturday vs Dallas. Tolzien just needs to go somewhere else. Jets or someone idk 

I don't see Luck missing more than the first game. Maybe the team is gonna play extra safe and wait on him till like game 3 or 4, in which case, kudos to them for thinking long term in a year where lets be real, the Colts aren't doing any damage in the playoffs (it's literally the Pats and maybe Oakland in the AFC).

But to be honest, and this might just be my blind optimism talking, but for whatever reason I fully expect Luck will suit up vs Los Angeles come week 1. 

4 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

By all accounts while Tolzien has been unimpressive in camp Morris has been worse.  The fact Walker was a head of Morris on the depth chart today should tell you how the coaches feel about Morris right now. 

8 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

By all accounts while Tolzien has been unimpressive in camp Morris has been worse.  The fact Walker was a head of Morris on the depth chart today should tell you how the coaches feel about Morris right now. 

I don't doubt that's true.  But from the preseason games this year and last, Morris has outperformed Tolzien on the field of play which leads to the feeling among some fans that he is better.  The coaches know more than we do of course but apparently they still don't know enough to see that both of these options are sub-par back up options. 

Tolzein had that comeback against Pittsburgh all but wrapped up until Pagano blew it. I know he stunk in GB but there's apparently some kind of voodoo hoodoo going on out there with those backups. Matt Flynn sets records every time he plays and everybody else ruins their careers.

It's the Rams. Even if he stinks this team is doomed if 10 other guys can't win 1 game against the Rams. Luck wouldn't be the difference between winning and losing. I'd sit him just to make sure he's good and jacked up when it's time to play, and as bonus he gets 2 more weeks rest. That's not usually my logic but the flippin Rams man.

52 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I don't doubt that's true.  But from the preseason games this year and last, Morris has outperformed Tolzien on the field of play which leads to the feeling among some fans that he is better.  The coaches know more than we do of course but apparently they still don't know enough to see that both of these options are sub-par back up options. 

In the pre-season when you play matters about as much as how you play in terms of evaluation.  Tolzien played against backups while Morris played against guys who were out of football at the end of the pre-season so it's not like it was an even comparison in terms of talent.  The fact Morris went from a compatation with Tolizen for the backup QB spot entering camp to behind the undrafted rookie by the first pre-season game is more to draw off of if you are trying to figure out things this year.

Thats also not mentioning that Tolzien played a real game last year vs a good Steelers D and did well.  That means way more than anything either has done or not done in a pre-season game.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Unless you're giving a scripted speech,  most everyone except the most gifted speakers in the world say "ummm" a LOT.

That's what people do....

Jim says it more than most.  I don't think it's ripping Jim just an observation, in the long run it doesn't really matter how much he says it.