Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

USA Today Predictions

TKnight24

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spent the last half hour thinking how we could go 5-11... Andrew Luck would have to be out all 16 games, TY would need to get injured for the first time in his NFL career (I don't think he has been before?), and our defense would have to be worse than last year. Yeah, I'd say the Jags fan over at USA Today smoked a little too much bush. 

34 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

Hhahhahaa 5-11 HAHAHAHA!

25 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

5-11 lmao Andrew Luck could win 5 games in his sleep. Who ever made this prediction, lets see them put their paycheck on it. That is ridiculous.

On the bright side of that 5-11 prediction, that'd mean a top 10 pick for Mr. Ballard & you gotta like the sound of that 

Trade backs, Top talent, endless opportunities lol

It's obvious that they are Pats fans.  In the eyes of most Pats fans, the Colts are no better than the Browns.  I like starting the season with the media giving the Colts low expectations.  That way they look like fools in the middle of the season.  I also can't wait for the day when the Pats are in the cellar again.  It may take a while, but it will eventually happen (just like the Yankees).

44 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

5-11 lmao Andrew Luck could win 5 games in his sleep. Who ever made this prediction, lets see them put their paycheck on it. That is ridiculous.

USA Today may not be drinking the Colts' "Luck will be fine this Fall" Kool-Aid. And of course they probably see a pathetic defense. 5-11 sounds low but 8-8 would be an achievement as we can no longer count on 5 or 6 South wins.

5-11 while Blake Bortles and the Jags go 8-8 and the Pats go 16-0?  The Lions went 9-7 last year with Stafford doing a lot of heavy lifting for that team, but now they're going to go to 5-11?  Meanwhile, the Chargers went 5-11 last year and will suddenly jump to 9-7?

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, ColtsBlitz said:

I spent the last half hour thinking how we could go 5-11... Andrew Luck would have to be out all 16 games, TY would need to get injured for the first time in his NFL career (I don't think he has been before?), and our defense would have to be worse than last year. Yeah, I'd say the Jags fan over at USA Today smoked a little too much bush. 

You could have saved allot of time by stopping with Luck missing all 16 games.   While I really like the defensive improvements, I have no faith in the back up QB's.  

I'd rather go with the Vegas odds.  

2 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

I'm starting to like this Kyle fella. 10 wins for the Colts due to Philbin's o-line & our new GM. Darn right! 

Usually, I stay away from early morning NFL Network shows but Kyle, you're seriously growing on me dude. 

I gotta start watching more of this guy starting tomorrow. 

To channel Coach Pagano, it's obvious these folks over at USA Today have their blinders and earmuffs on in regards to acknowledging new improvements the Colts have made in the offseason. 

I guess they didn't realize the Colts got a very good GM to replace Grigson, brought in much better talent on defense, and continued to shore up the OL by adding Schwenke and Banner. 

And no way does Tennessee go 12-4 considering the Colts own them. 

3 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I'm starting to like this Kyle fella. 10 wins for the Colts due to Philbin's o-line & our new GM. Darn right! 

Usually, I stay away from early morning NFL Network shows but Kyle, you're seriously growing on me dude. 

I gotta start watching more of this guy starting tomorrow. 

I just noticed your signature line.....

Another quote of his I like:  "Every battle is won or lost before it is ever fought"   The Art of War

I agree that 5 wins is too low.

But for those saying that just because we have Luck we win X amount of games need to consider that the past 3 years a Drew Brees led Saints team has only won 7 games, going 7-9 three consecutive years. Brees is one of the best in the game currently. Basically, it takes more than a top-tier QB to be a winning team.

The Colts have the worst defense in the division.

2 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

I just noticed your signature line.....

Another quote of his I like:  "Every battle is won or lost before it is ever fought"   The Art of War

Thanks BR-549. Yes, that is another great quote from Sun Tzu no doubt. 

I took a few military history classes in graduate school & we spent considerable time discussing that book & tactics of deception in armed conflicts etc. etc. 

11 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

To channel Coach Pagano, it's obvious these folks over at USA Today have their blinders and earmuffs on in regards to acknowledging new improvements the Colts have made in the offseason. 

I guess they didn't realize the Colts got a very good GM to replace Grigson, brought in much better talent on defense, and continued to shore up the OL by adding Schwenke and Banner. 

And no way does Tennessee go 12-4 considering the Colts own them. 

Well, they could still go 12-4 with us sweeping them. So there's that 

8 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

The Colts have the worst defense in the division.

It's all fun & games until somebody douses me with cold water reality. You're not wrong Flash, but come on man, did you have to rip the band aid right off today? Just kidding! 

I know; I know. You're cool & all.

5 wins is where I'd have this squad pegged without Luck for the whole season. Okay, maybe 3/4, but why quibble? I wish that B/R report would have said, he's throwing, not on the PUP, but it is what it is..

The national media as a whole is very cool on the Colts upcoming season. 

Some of it's ignorance (literally, like they don't watch the team *at all*- I'm not saying they're stupid, I'm saying they don't know). Some of it actually is disdain for flyover states, Irsay, Peyton to Luck ect., Banners, Deflategate ect. People really like banging on the Colts.

Crap.  If USA Today says the Colts will go 5-11, that means the players will go out and perform accordingly, and finish 5-11.

Guess I won't tune in this year;  hopefully they predict a better record for 2018 so that I can watch that season.

2 hours ago, Albaby said:

It's obvious that they are Pats fans.  In the eyes of most Pats fans, the Colts are no better than the Browns.  I like starting the season with the media giving the Colts low expectations.  That way they look like fools in the middle of the season.  I also can't wait for the day when the Pats are in the cellar again.  It may take a while, but it will eventually happen (just like the Yankees).

This is so Indy of you... a national publication makes a prediction that favors NE and rips the Colts, and you somehow hold it against the Patriots and their fans and you blame us for what someone else in putting in print. :lol:

No one ran it by us first, I assure you. I think 5 wins is a very low estimate for your team. I see a 9-7 season, maybe 10-6 if things fall right, for Indy. 

1 hour ago, GoPats said:

This is so Indy of you... a national publication makes a prediction that favors NE and rips the Colts, and you somehow hold it against the Patriots and their fans and you blame us for what someone else in putting in print. :lol:

No one ran it by us first, I assure you. I think 5 wins is a very low estimate for your team. I see a 9-7 season, maybe 10-6 if things fall right, for Indy. 

The same publication that picks the Pats to go 16-0.    You really don't smell anything fishy there?  

17 minutes ago, Myles said:

The same publication that picks the Pats to go 16-0.    You really don't smell anything fishy there?  

They have an all-time great QB and Coach, are defending Super Bowl Champs, have never shown to have Super Bowl hangovers and loaded up on talent in the off-season.  Plus, they have already gone 16-0 once in the Brady / BB era so is predicting that again really that unreasonable now?  It really could be something they actually believe.

Would you have felt better if they had said 15-1?

1 hour ago, HOF19 said:

Just heard Dan Dakich say on air "Colts will win nine games " (And he was being absolutely serious !)....For whatever that is worth......GO COLTS !!!!!

Dakich might be one of the worst in the business. Now I am concerned the Colts may only win 5 games if Dakich has them pegged for nine.

37 minutes ago, Myles said:

Not really, no. It's just a publication, there are plenty of them out there throwing bouquets at the Patriots because of their offseason, but that has nothing to do with us (the fans). 

I just reacted to the original post I quoted because it was suddenly one of those "all Patriots fans think (this)." 

Don't get PO'd at us, we had nothing to do with it! 

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is just crap this team is way better than 5-11 I think we were a little better than our 8-8 mark a season ago we improved this offseason I don't see any worst than 9-7.