Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

USA Today Predictions

TKnight24

3 hours ago, Flash7 said:

I agree that 5 wins is too low.

But for those saying that just because we have Luck we win X amount of games need to consider that the past 3 years a Drew Brees led Saints team has only won 7 games, going 7-9 three consecutive years. Brees is one of the best in the game currently. Basically, it takes more than a top-tier QB to be a winning team.

The Colts have the worst defense in the division.

3 hours ago, Flash7 said:

I agree that 5 wins is too low.

But for those saying that just because we have Luck we win X amount of games need to consider that the past 3 years a Drew Brees led Saints team has only won 7 games, going 7-9 three consecutive years. Brees is one of the best in the game currently. Basically, it takes more than a top-tier QB to be a winning team.

The Colts have the worst defense in the division.

I agree that saying the Colts win.10 games based on Andrew alone would be hyperbole. But I don't think it's accurate to ignore potential improvements across the Oline, the run game, receivers and scheme. As far as the defense goes, it may be a lot better than last year, nobody knows at this point. To say the Titans go 12-4 and to assume the Pats go 16-0 is laughable, at this point. In a way, I'm glad the National media has such an unrealistic view. It will be delightful to watch them eat crow, after the Colts beat the Titans and the Pats lose their first game.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, jskinnz said:

They have an all-time great QB and Coach, are defending Super Bowl Champs, have never shown to have Super Bowl hangovers and loaded up on talent in the off-season.  Plus, they have already gone 16-0 once in the Brady / BB era so is predicting that again really that unreasonable now?  It really could be something they actually believe.

Would you have felt better if they had said 15-1?

Any publication that picks a team to go 16-0 isn't credible.   

6 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

On the bright side of that 5-11 prediction, that'd mean a top 10 pick for Mr. Ballard & you gotta like the sound of that 

Trade backs, Top talent, endless opportunities lol

If Andrew Luck misses the season then we will go 5-11 IMO, Tolzien isn't very good, he isn't Painter bad but I could see us 5-11 with him in there. If Luck plays every game the very worst I see us going is 8-8 like the last 2 years. If a lot of things go right and we win our close games I could see 11-5 as the peak hit if Luck is healthy.

7 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

5-11 for the Colts????  Sounds like they don't expect Luck to get much done if even play, or get banged up against opposing D's with "No OL."

giphy_zpsw4dvkc9d.gif

Bills @ 4-2??  Lions @ 5-11?? Patriots @ 16-0 ?? Titans @ 12-4??????  They play the Colts twice, Texans twice, Ravens, Seahawks, Raiders, Steelers.  I guess it's a good thing I don't take USA Today seriously when it comes to sports.  

3 hours ago, GoPats said:

This is so Indy of you... a national publication makes a prediction that favors NE and rips the Colts, and you somehow hold it against the Patriots and their fans and you blame us for what someone else in putting in print. :lol:

No one ran it by us first, I assure you. I think 5 wins is a very low estimate for your team. I see a 9-7 season, maybe 10-6 if things fall right, for Indy. 

If Luck is healthy I think your prediction is accurate, that is where I see us as well. I want to see the pre-season first before I make a permanent prediction. I have the Pats going 13-3 as of now, maybe even 14-2.

1 hour ago, Malakai432 said:

5-11 for the Colts????  Sounds like they don't expect Luck to get much done if even play, or get banged up against opposing D's with "No OL."

giphy_zpsw4dvkc9d.gif

Bills @ 4-2??  Lions @ 5-11?? Patriots @ 16-0 ?? Titans @ 12-4??????  They play the Colts twice, Texans twice, Ravens, Seahawks, Raiders, Steelers.  I guess it's a good thing I don't take USA Today seriously when it comes to sports.  

Is it wrong that I liked your post strictly on the vomit puppet alone? LOL!  You always come up with great commentary man in both words & pictures M-432. 

Seriously man, you always crack me up. I have my favorites on here & you're definitely in that category/class my friend. 

Remember. Triumph The Insult Comic Dog on Conan when he was still at NBC? That sounds great a 5-11 INDY record..."For me to poop on."

Nate Davis apparently could not find a ball bat in a pan of beans. So as not to be totally Colts-centric I note the Broncos going 7-9. With that defense? The Panthers are probably better than 7-9, the Redskins are better than 5-11. If the Colts go 5-11 and the Pats 16-0, you have me on record saying I will run down and get a copy of USA today and eat it.

4 hours ago, GoPats said:

No one ran it by us first, I assure you. I think 5 wins is a very low estimate for your team. I see a 9-7 season, maybe 10-6 if things fall right, for Indy. 

This is why I like you GP. You're a standup guy & incredibly fair & open minded. Posts like this is why I will always defend you & guys like Yehoodi, IWF, Flying Elvis, & other NE regulars I respect & trust. 

Thanks man.

Tell IWF I want start seeing some funny NFL meme cartoons/spoofs soon too. He's great at that stuff! He really is. 

7 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

I always take their predictions with a grain of salt.  They have the Pats going 16-0, and I doubt that happens.  The top team this year will be 13-3 and I do believe it will be those hated Pats.

If Belichek goes 13-0, he'll have a 4 game lead with 3 to play.  My money is on them resting their starters. 16-0 won't happen, Brady is too old to go 16-0. 5-11 Colts deserves no comment. If they do go 16-0 the Colts will get them in the playoffs. HUAAH!

8 minutes ago, bleevit said:

If the Colts go 5-11 and the Pats 16-0, you have me on record saying I will run down and get a copy of USA today and eat it.

That's the strange thing about crazy proclamations, even in jest, you're thinking to yourself what goes good with newspaper to wash it down just in case the unthinkable does indeed unfold? 

I'm 95% sure what you say will never transpire bleevit, but that still leaves a 5% chance nevertheless. 

13 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

That's the strange thing about crazy proclamations, even in jest, you're thinking to yourself what goes good with newspaper to wash it down just in case the unthinkable does indeed unfold? 

I'm 95% sure what you say will never transpire bleevit, but that still leaves a 5% chance nevertheless. 

I'm thinking a couple steins of a dark beer would wash it down nicely. I like that good old foamy Guinness.

8 hours ago, ColtsBlitz said:

I spent the last half hour thinking how we could go 5-11... Andrew Luck would have to be out all 16 games, TY would need to get injured for the first time in his NFL career (I don't think he has been before?), and our defense would have to be worse than last year. Yeah, I'd say the Jags fan over at USA Today smoked a little too much bush. 

TY has had a few hamstring injuries I think. Missed maybe a few games if even that many.

33 minutes ago, Superman said:

MRW:

If it wasn't for Urban Dictionary & google, I'd be so lost with abbreviations used frequently in threads on here. 

Now, I know what you're thinking Supes...Isn't SW1 adrift, in a fog, or lost a lot? Touche. 

Let's not get too personal or accurate now shall we. I kid; I kid. Or maybe the truth just hurts. Okay, I'm done. Cool Buzz lightyear quote by the way.  

1 minute ago, southwest1 said:

If it wasn't for Urban Dictionary & google, I'd be so lost with abbreviations used frequently in threads on here, 

Now, I know what you're thinking Supes...Isn't SW1 adrift, in a fog, or lost a lot? Touche. 

Let's not get too personal or accurate now shall we. I kid; I kid. Or maybe the truth just hurts. Okay, I'm done. 

You're not alone. I google acronyms and abbreviations all the time. 

20 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

I just want to win game one. When was the last time the colts won opening game in the regular season? Everything else is just icing on the cake :thmup:

Winning on opening day would be big because we rarely do it anymore. Sick of fighting out of a hole. That would give the team confidence and Andrew a game under his belt.

1 hour ago, bleevit said:

I'm thinking a couple steins of a dark beer would wash it down nicely. I like that good old foamy Guinness.

Thanks for playing along with my foolish shenanigans bleevit. You're alright in my book. 

Good choice on the liquid refreshment front BTW. 

3 hours ago, Myles said:

Any publication that picks a team to go 16-0 isn't credible.   

Perhaps.  It might just be click bait.  I don't pay particular attention to the predicted records - I just read it as they find the Pats to be heads and shoulders above the rest of the league.

3 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Perhaps.  It might just be click bait.  I don't pay particular attention to the predicted records - I just read it as they find the Pats to be heads and shoulders above the rest of the league.

That's probably the best explanation for it JSK. Rile people up & stir the pot with fake outrage. Well said. 

It's nice to see so many people make light of it & view it as a ridiculous assertion. 

6 hours ago, jskinnz said:

They have an all-time great QB and Coach, are defending Super Bowl Champs, have never shown to have Super Bowl hangovers and loaded up on talent in the off-season.  Plus, they have already gone 16-0 once in the Brady / BB era so is predicting that again really that unreasonable now?  It really could be something they actually believe.

Would you have felt better if they had said 15-1?

As a matter of fact, yes I would.  Because I don't think I could handle hearing Pats fans gloating about another record set by the "GOATs TB AND BB".

8 hours ago, GoPats said:

This is so Indy of you... a national publication makes a prediction that favors NE and rips the Colts, and you somehow hold it against the Patriots and their fans and you blame us for what someone else in putting in print. :lol:

No loitering around here.

move it along

9-7 or 10-6 IF we play by the rules?

This projection is ridiculous. Not only the colts. The titans will never get 12 wins. And i think the Lions will win more than 5 games. But i'm ok with that. Most experts underestimate us so we can just play without much pressure. Remember 2 years ago when we made strong moves in the offseason and most of those socalled experts saw us in the afc titlegame or even at the sb..... 

20 hours ago, BProland85 said:

To channel Coach Pagano, it's obvious these folks over at USA Today have their blinders and earmuffs on in regards to acknowledging new improvements the Colts have made in the offseason. 

I guess they didn't realize the Colts got a very good GM to replace Grigson, brought in much better talent on defense, and continued to shore up the OL by adding Schwenke and Banner. 

And no way does Tennessee go 12-4 considering the Colts own them. 

Ya, i expect big years from Scwenke and Banner.