Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

USA Today Predictions

TKnight24

13 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

I just want to win game one. When was the last time the colts won opening game in the regular season? Everything else is just icing on the cake :thmup:

lol that's what I'm saying.. we always draw these insane week one games.. except last year, we should've won.. but ya know. If we can't beat the Rams this year.. well SMDH.. lol we better

5-11.. don't we have the easier schedule this year? We suck bad if we cant win 6 games..  if we cant split games in our division, beat the rams, browns, and 49ers.. then DA*M 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, BProland85 said:

To channel Coach Pagano, it's obvious these folks over at USA Today have their blinders and earmuffs on in regards to acknowledging new improvements the Colts have made in the offseason. 

I guess they didn't realize the Colts got a very good GM to replace Grigson, brought in much better talent on defense, and continued to shore up the OL by adding Schwenke and Banner. 

And no way does Tennessee go 12-4 considering the Colts own them. 

I don't agree with these predictions. However, we have a new GM but it's too early to say if he's good or not. Right now he's unproven. Plus, it's gonna take time to fix the team. Many said that Grigson was really good in his first season. We still don't know what we have on defense. The linebackers we have were role players surrounded by good defensive players on good defenses. We can only hope that play well as the "main" guys on defense. They couldn't be worse than last year, right?  Luck is still a huge question mark. This team's secondary is constantly injured.  They must be assuming that Luck is gonna miss a few games and not be very good when he plays while he works himself back into game shape. 

17 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If Luck is healthy I think your prediction is accurate, that is where I see us as well. I want to see the pre-season first before I make a permanent prediction. I have the Pats going 13-3 as of now, maybe even 14-2.

I think that's about right. Some of it will depend on the playoff field in the AFC. I think Belichick learned his lesson in 2015 when it comes to trying to grab that top seed and HFA. If 13-3 is good enough to to do that, then one of those losses may come toward the end of the year. 

16 hours ago, southwest1 said:

This is why I like you GP. You're a standup guy & incredibly fair & open minded. Posts like this is why I will always defend you & guys like Yehoodi, IWF, Flying Elvis, & other NE regulars I respect & trust. 

I don't think too many other people are expecting another 5-win year in Indy. Maybe if Luck misses time that's a possibility, but assuming health, the Colts should be in the mix. 

12 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

No loitering around here.

move it along

9-7 or 10-6 IF we play by the rules?

Just curious. Do you keep doing this to try to get under my skin? If you are... don't bother man. You can ask any of the veteran posters here, you won't successfully goad me into responding by repeatedly mentioning it. I'm too old and too set in my ways to give much of a you-know-what when it comes to other NFL fans. I'm also very used to it. 

Or are you actually somehow still bothered by the whole thing? 

1 hour ago, GoPats said:

I think that's about right. Some of it will depend on the playoff field in the AFC. I think Belichick learned his lesson in 2015 when it comes to trying to grab that top seed and HFA. If 13-3 is good enough to to do that, then one of those losses may come toward the end of the year. 

I don't think too many other people are expecting another 5-win year in Indy. Maybe if Luck misses time that's a possibility, but assuming health, the Colts should be in the mix. 

Just curious. Do you keep doing this to try to get under my skin? If you are... don't bother man. You can ask any of the veteran posters here, you won't successfully goad me into responding by repeatedly mentioning it. I'm too old and too set in my ways to give much of a you-know-what when it comes to other NFL fans. I'm also very used to it. 

Or are you actually somehow still bothered by the whole thing? 

Yea, cheating bothers me.  It should bother everyone, including you.

just be happy this board doesnt keep those with Boston zip codes out like some other board does to indy zip codes.

its not personal toward you, i dont know you.  But 99% of Pat and sox fans i've met are the most arrogant, disrespectful, and unapologetic bunch i've ever met.  I'll put you in the 1%...... for now.

haha

21 hours ago, GoPats said:

Not really, no. It's just a publication, there are plenty of them out there throwing bouquets at the Patriots because of their offseason, but that has nothing to do with us (the fans). 

I just reacted to the original post I quoted because it was suddenly one of those "all Patriots fans think (this)." 

Don't get PO'd at us, we had nothing to do with it! 

I'm not so sure. We all know what you Pats fans are like. And I should know, I'm married to one.......

Not really, no. It's just a publication, there are plenty of them out there throwing bouquets at the Patriots because of their offseason, but that has nothing to do with us (the fans). 

I just reacted to the original post I quoted because it was suddenly one of those "all Patriots fans think (this)." 

I'm not so sure. We all know what you Pats fans are like. And I should know, I'm married to one.......

4 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

lol that's what I'm saying.. we always draw these insane week one games.. except last year, we should've won.. but ya know. If we can't beat the Rams this year.. well SMDH.. lol we better

5-11.. don't we have the easier schedule this year? We suck bad if we cant win 6 games..  if we cant split games in our division, beat the rams, browns, and 49ers.. then DA*M 

Getting close to bottom feeders we would. 

4 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

If Andrew is healthy we aren't going no 5-11. 8-8 is possible as it has happened twice but 5-11- NO.

59 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

just be happy this board doesnt keep those with Boston zip codes out like some other board does to indy zip codes.

its not personal toward you, i dont know you.  But 99% of Pat and sox fans i've met are the most arrogant, disrespectful, and unapologetic bunch i've ever met.  I'll put you in the 1%...... for now.

haha

Every fan base has their arrogant fans, I get along with most Pats fans in general and I talk my fair share of crap about Boston teams too lmao. Pats fans should brag about their team unfortunately because they have 5 Rings. Having said that the Colts still have had one of the best franchises since 1995 when Harbaugh got us to the SB, oh my bad the REFS cheated for Pitt that year haha, just having fun with that. So Colts fans have some bragging rights too. We have accomplished a lot over the last 20+ years with 3 incredible QB's in Harbaugh/Peyton/Luck. A SB win, 2 appearances and 5 AFC Title Games since Harbaugh so we are top notch.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Every fan base has their arrogant fans, I get along with most Pats fans in general and I talk my fair share of crap about Boston teams too lmao. Pats fans should brag about their team unfortunately because they have 5 Rings. Having said that the Colts still have had one of the best franchises since 1995 when Harbaugh got us to the SB, oh my bad the REFS cheated for Pitt that year haha, just having fun with that. So Colts fans have some bragging rights too. We have accomplished a lot over the last 20+ years with 3 incredible QB's in Harbaugh/Peyton/Luck. A SB win, 2 appearances and 5 AFC Title Games since Harbaugh so we are top notch.

Sox fans are the worst. Worse than Eagle fans.  And i didnt think that was possible.

maybe its the cold weather.

1 minute ago, WoolMagnet said:

Sox fans are the worst. Worse than Eagle fans.  And i didnt think that was possible.

maybe its the cold weather.

I haven't dealt with RedSox fans much, I am a Cubs fan so unless we meet in the WS I wont have to deal with that chat. I can only imagine the chat that has gone on between RedSox and Yankees fans in the past!

5 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

4 hours ago, bananabucket said:

Generalizations and stereotypes are wrong.

However, all Boston sports fans are dbags.

Sarcasm channelled to perfection for comic relief is what always pulls me back to the forum. Man, BHC & Banana Bucket are on fire today. Well played gentlemen. Well played. 

No, SW1 does not despise NE or her fanbase just to be clear. Only Dallas & those God forsaken Cowboys, but I digress...

Just now, southwest1 said:

Sarcasm channelled to perfection for comic relief is what always pulls me back to the forum. Man, BHC & Banana Bucket are on fire today. Well played gentlemen. Well played. 

No, SW1 does not despise NE or her fanbase just to be clear. Only Dallas & those God forsaken Cowboys, but I digress...

Hey man what off topic here but wanted to tell you that when I came home this afternoon I flipped the TV on and put it on the History Channel.... it was the show about "The Art of War".  I had seen that before a few years ago, but I find that stuff fascinating.  Just wanted to let you know since we had a bit of a discussion about it.  

That was when, in the 1600's?  and many generals and experts use the tactics even this day

2 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

Hey man what off topic here but wanted to tell you that when I came home this afternoon I flipped the TV on and put it on the History Channel.... it was the show about "The Art of War".  I had seen that before a few years ago, but I find that stuff fascinating.  Just wanted to let you know since we had a bit of a discussion about it.  

That was when, in the 1600's?  and many generals and experts use the tactics even this day

Thanks for the heads up BR-549 about the history channel special. I'll record it on my DVR later. Much appreciated. :thmup:

Just now, southwest1 said:

Thanks for the heads up BR-549 about the history channel special. I'll record it on my DVR later. Much appreciated. :thmup:

You bet... its a good one.  I like how they point out that had Robert E. Lee known about or followed SunTzu's methods etc the Civil War may have turned out different....  

I apologize for the hijacking.... carry on

8 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

I will say this once Wallace... you are a lucky man. We both know it. 

8 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

haha

It's cool, I totally get it. But when you grow up being a (any team name here) fan, you don't ditch that because of what amounts to an equipment violation and "stealing" signs that are being made in front of 80,000 people. If the Patriots got through these scandals and then the evidence on the field actually showed it, I'd probably feel differently. But you don't win 5 Super Bowls because of air pressure and defensive calls are radioed in now anyway. 

Unless you buy in to all the conspiracy theories and whatnot? If that's your thing that's not my business, but I won't waste your time lol... 

46 minutes ago, GoPats said:

It's cool, I totally get it. But when you grow up being a (any team name here) fan, you don't ditch that because of what amounts to an equipment violation and "stealing" signs that are being made in front of 80,000 people. If the Patriots got through these scandals and then the evidence on the field actually showed it, I'd probably feel differently. But you don't win 5 Super Bowls because of air pressure and defensive calls are radioed in now anyway. 

Unless you buy in to all the conspiracy theories and whatnot? If that's your thing that's not my business, but I won't waste your time lol... 

No prob. I think colt and pat fans can get along. 

Did i just say that?  I threw up a lil in my mouth just thinking about it.

haha

The pats are easy to hate. (For the rest of the league)

While I don't see the Colts going 5-11 vs this schedule I will admit the Colts are one of the harder teams to predict because no one outside of the franchise honestly knows the health status of Andrew Luck and having him or not having him, even if it's only for a couple of a games, can significantly swing what this team will do this year.  Heck even if they have him for all 16 games he's going to miss the pre-season.  If you recall Manning did that going into the 2008 season and it took a while for Peyton to get right.  So without knowing what to expect from Luck it is fairly hard to make prediction on the Colts this season.

I am glad this was posted, not because I care about the Colts prediction but more I care about the Titans prediction of 12-4. I been seeing and hearing many nationally predicting the Titans to do fantastic things this year.

I do think the Titans have been on the path up, but isn't 12-4 a bit ambitious? I might eat my words later but I am not sure anyone in our division can sniff 12-4.

On 7/24/2017 at 11:11 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

5-11 lmao Andrew Luck could win 5 games in his sleep. Who ever made this prediction, lets see them put their paycheck on it. That is ridiculous.

On 7/24/2017 at 0:53 PM, BR-549 said:

If Andrew Luck is playing and is even only 80% there is no freaking way we only win 5 games.  

I agree. With Luck, the Colts are more likely to go 11-5 than 5-11 this year. It is clear this is click bait material to get fans ruled up. 

On 7/24/2017 at 11:23 AM, DaColts85 said:

I always take their predictions with a grain of salt.  They have the Pats going 16-0, and I doubt that happens.  The top team this year will be 13-3 and I do believe it will be those hated Pats.

Obviously Patriots fans. In a perfect world, i wish everyone would think the Colts are going t great every year like I do, but I've gotten used to the underdog phenomenon and I am starting to like it. Less pressure. And more talk when we go 3-0 to start the season. 

It don't surprise me to hear the media predict us with a losing record.

As I have said before the media has a problem with the Colts and has had for quite a while.

Predictions are just that. They mean absolutely nothing. There are so many variables that factor into a teams record.

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 2:27 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I haven't dealt with RedSox fans much, I am a Cubs fan so unless we meet in the WS I wont have to deal with that chat. I can only imagine the chat that has gone on between RedSox and Yankees fans in the past!

I bet it can get very heated and vicious.

On 7/24/2017 at 11:11 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

5-11 lmao Andrew Luck could win 5 games in his sleep. Who ever made this prediction, lets see them put their paycheck on it. That is ridiculous.

They just say these things to get us all rattled up. It doesn't matter what they say anyway. 

10 hours ago, Jules said:

I am glad this was posted, not because I care about the Colts prediction but more I care about the Titans prediction of 12-4. I been seeing and hearing many nationally predicting the Titans to do fantastic things this year.

I do think the Titans have been on the path up, but isn't 12-4 a bit ambitious? I might eat my words later but I am not sure anyone in our division can sniff 12-4.

Mariota is overrated until he does something. As of right now, he hasn't done anything and that's a fact. 

On 7/26/2017 at 1:27 AM, GoColts8818 said:

While I don't see the Colts going 5-11 vs this schedule I will admit the Colts are one of the harder teams to predict because no one outside of the franchise honestly knows the health status of Andrew Luck and having him or not having him, even if it's only for a couple of a games, can significantly swing what this team will do this year.  Heck even if they have him for all 16 games he's going to miss the pre-season.  If you recall Manning did that going into the 2008 season and it took a while for Peyton to get right.  So without knowing what to expect from Luck it is fairly hard to make prediction on the Colts this season.

He must be 100% because he's now throwing. He just got to get back in shape. So he's got a lot of hard work ahead of him. 

On 7/26/2017 at 1:27 AM, GoColts8818 said:

I kind of forgot about this, he had a few games where he was floating passes and it looked like he was going to get Reggie and Marvin killed..

2 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

Obviously Patriots fans. In a perfect world, i wish everyone would think the Colts are going t great every year like I do, but I've gotten used to the underdog phenomenon and I am starting to like it. Less pressure. And more talk when we go 3-0 to start the season. 

I also prefer it.  Keep us the underdog and let us shock the world.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

I bet it can get very heated and vicious.

Yeah this is the only place I chat now. I can imagine if it was the older days over at ESPN how it would be. I think the 4th and 2 game when we beat the Pats was perhaps the best and most entertaining Thread I was ever a part of. I went to that game and when I got home I went to that Thread and it had over 5000 Posts!

1 hour ago, superrep1967 said:

He must be 100% because he's now throwing. He just got to get back in shape. So he's got a lot of hard work ahead of him. 

He started throwing.  I heard today that means he's probably throwing under handed to break up scar tissue in his shoulder and will progress from there.  I'll agree all signs point to him being ready to go at the start of the season or shortly thereafter but we don't know that and if he suffers a setback that will push that timetable back.  That's my point we just don't know which makes predicting the Colts record this season difficult. 

This moronic, If Luck missed the whole season this could happen but we have a great deal of weak teams in the first few weeks and I am sure Tolzien and Morris are getting lots of snaps so even if Luck is out for a few weeks we can survive that.  But adding Lankford, Sherard, Simon, Hooker, Wilson, Spence, Basham and Woods, I would say our defense could win a few games for us too. Its early but we cut loose a lot of dead weight and added younger and better replacements. The O Line should better with more experience and a few new faces could earn a staring spot on the line. Mack was a great pickup and besides Luck's medical status the only real question is will we have a dynamic second TE?  All this said I say 16-0 and we get a safety in every game and win the game if Luck is out 5-3

On 7/24/2017 at 10:39 AM, TKnight24 said:

The Colts are the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL . And IMO the Predictors or * behind these results should be tested for common sense no matter how much our Colts have sucked with or without 12 since 2012 we still win 8 .

13 hours ago, Jules said:

3 wins in 2015 & 8 in 2016  = 11    , I don't believe in the Titans & they might do better than 8 but at best they top out at 10 & IMHO 9 is the number & the Colts will Win 11 & take back the division ..