Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hightower or Poe

I'd definitely rather have Hightower over Poe since Hightower makes more plays. ILB's don't typically make huge contracts so I could live with a long term deal with Hightower. Plus Indy needs pass rush and he can add that. I'd rather sign a Johnathan Hankins or Brandon Williams at NT.

49 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I'd definitely rather have Hightower over Poe since Hightower makes more plays. ILB's don't typically make huge contracts so I could live with a long term deal with Hightower. Plus Indy needs pass rush and he can add that. I'd rather sign a Johnathan Hankins or Brandon Williams at NT.

agree

I would not take Hightower. I know he seems to be a can't miss FA,but there is still the [can he thrive outside of New England] question. And with the money he would be paid, I would rather take Poe,and go through the draft,for LBs. Besides,his solo tackle numbers are almost half of what they were in previous years. The totals are inflated by assist numbers.

50 minutes ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

How much cap space are colts gonna have again? Will cutting Art Jones not give the colts enough CAP space to sign both? 

Around 55 mill. Yes enough to sign both but there are just so many teams flush with cap room that you are going to way over pay.  2 bad contracts might not be prudent ?

3 hours ago, Coltfreak said:

Why do you keep saying this?    WHat makes you 90% sure?

I don't remember myself  "keep saying" that IMO we would sign Hightower. Heck I don't even remember ever posting on Hightower before.  Could you please reference where I "kept saying this?" I really don'y like to irritate you. So post your reference and we'll be done with it. I haven't heard anyone say "you keep saying " since I was in grade school. Is that proper English ? 

9 hours ago, dw49 said:

I don't remember myself  "keep saying" that IMO we would sign Hightower. Heck I don't even remember ever posting on Hightower before.  Could you please reference where I "kept saying this?" I really don'y like to irritate you. So post your reference and we'll be done with it. I haven't heard anyone say "you keep saying " since I was in grade school. Is that proper English ? 

How the hell else would I say it if it isn't proper English?

49 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

How the hell else would I say it if it isn't proper English?

First of all , where do you get that " I keep saying" that ? I can only find one post I have ever made of D Hightower. So answer what you mean when you say "I keep saying that ? " 

That said I was just breaking stones on "keep saying ." It's not bad grammar . 

1 hour ago, dw49 said:

First of all , where do you get that " I keep saying" that ? I can only find one post I have ever made of D Hightower. So answer what you mean when you say "I keep saying that ? " 

That said I was just breaking stones on "keep saying ." It's not bad grammar . 

I have heard that same statement on here   maybe it wasn't you    My bad  if I assumed it was because the exact same thing has been stated before maybe at 95% guarantee  

4 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

I have heard that same statement on here   maybe it wasn't you    My bad  if I assumed it was because the exact same thing has been stated before maybe at 95% guarantee  

Fair enough.

BTW... the 90% thing is way over stated. There are so many teams flush with money and you have to assume at least 3-4 of them would be a good fit for D. T. Then you have to assume Ballard likes him enough to over pay . All the good FA's will be over paid. So if I had to really put the number on the chances I think we sign him , it would not be " 90%." Bad statement by me. I would say something closer to 20% would be more prudent. So I guess I agree with part of your initial post.

On 3/5/2017 at 3:08 PM, Samu-Rye said:

I would not take Hightower. I know he seems to be a can't miss FA,but there is still the [can he thrive outside of New England] question. And with the money he would be paid, I would rather take Poe,and go through the draft,for LBs. Besides,his solo tackle numbers are almost half of what they were in previous years. The totals are inflated by assist numbers.

Then again, Jamie Collins has done pretty well in the games with the Browns. I think he is one of the most instinctive ILB's in football. He is quick to the ball. We will have to overpay BIG TIME. I hope we get him, but odds are the Pats resign him or he goes to the Titans or Jags IMO. I don't think Chris Ballard wants to give out 13 million to an ILB. Maybe if they plan to move him to OLB, but I doubt it. Nick Perry seems more like a Colts' target sadly(he would still be a good pickup). 

22 hours ago, ztboiler said:

8938506.jpg

Can't say I want either all that much....but hey, why be choosy?

Who would you rather have as free agents? I agree that Brandon Williams would be nice, but he is gonna get more than Poe on the open market. Hightower is the best ILB or OLB left. 

24 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Who would you rather have as free agents? I agree that Brandon Williams would be nice, but he is gonna get more than Poe on the open market. Hightower is the best ILB or OLB left. 

I'd rather not be over invested in big name signings that aren't disruptive in the passing game.  

47 minutes ago, ztboiler said:

I'd rather not be over invested in big name signings that aren't disruptive in the passing game.  

Okay I can see that. But at least they are proven. What happens if we invest our pass rush on someone in the draft, and he does not bring the pass rush we expected his rookie year. We need to WIN now!!! 

On 3/5/2017 at 11:23 PM, dw49 said:

Well I figured it out...   it was COLTS449 that was making  guarantees...    must have been the 49 that threw me off