Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts waive RB Josh Robinson. Promote LB Daniel Adongo to 53.

MTC

WOW.  :dunno:

http://blogs.colts.com/

The Indianapolis Colts today elevated outside linebacker Daniel Adongo to the 53-man roster from the practice squad and waived running back Josh Robinson.

Adongo, 6-5, 252 pounds, has spent the entire season on the team’s practice squad a year after being on the Colts Injured Reserve list in 2014. In 2013, he spent the first 12 games of the season on the Colts practice squad before being signed to the active roster and playing in two games. Prior to joining the Colts, he played for the Southern Kings of Super 15 Rugby, the highest level of pro rugby in the world. He also played in the 2012 Varsity Cup for the University of Pretoria Tuks.

He graduated from Strathmore High School (Nairobi, Kenya) in 2006 and attended the University of South Africa the following year. Adongo also attended the Sharks Academy, a rugby academy accredited by South African Rugby, and made his senior debut in the 2010 Vodacom Cup. In addition, he played for the Kenya Harlequins junior team before going on to play for Kenya’s U-18 and U-19 national teams.

Robinson, 5-8, 221 pounds, has played in five games for the Colts in 2015 and totaled 17 carries for 39 yards and six receptions for 33 yards. He was selected by the team in the sixth round (205th overall) of the 2015 NFL Draft.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roster Update - https://t.co/7r5uvqZViT

— Jim Irsay (@JimIrsay)

November 12, 2015

Roster Update - https://t.co/7r5uvqZViT

Daniel Adongo returns to the active roster. 6th-round pick Josh Robinson is waived. Still two open roster spots https://t.co/ArKK5AdnCB

— Kevin Bowen (@KBowenColts)

November 12, 2015

Daniel Adongo returns to the active roster. 6th-round pick Josh Robinson is waived. Still two open roster spots https://t.co/ArKK5AdnCB

Robinson is absolutely eligible for the PS.

Does this year count as an "accrued NFL season ?" If yes , i'm not sure he would be eligible.

In order to be eligible for the practice squad, players must meet one of the following requirements:

• Have no prior Accrued Seasons in the NFL (An accrued season is six or more games on the active roster);
  • Have one prior Accrued Season in which the player was on the 45-man active roster for no more than 8 games;

<p>

Does this year count as an "accrued NFL season ?" If yes , i'm not sure he would be eligible.

In order to be eligible for the practice squad, players must meet one of the following requirements:

• Have no prior Accrued Seasons in the NFL (An accrued season is six or more games on the active roster);
  • Have one prior Accrued Season in which the player was on the 45-man active roster for no more than 8 games;

He's eligible.

I know one fan that this might push over the edge. lmao. Let's see what he can do

I don't know about "push over the edge" but I am really excited to see him get playing time, even if it is just ST.  Of course, the pessimistic side of me says that he'll get manhandled if he sees any defensive snaps, at least initially.  

RELEASE THE ADONGO 

97f3a66b6e9bddcd7b084f10a2a83ec7.jpg

lmao best GIF i've seen on these threads since the Tim and Eric mind blown GIF or the lawn mower flying away.  I'm clearly not very well versed in the GIF universe, but I always enjoy a good, well timed GIF that just so happens to be a better response than words otherwise could.

He's eligible.

You are correct and in the event that you didn't know why as you don't explain why.. it's because he's been inactive for the past few games . I think if this were not the case , he would not be eligible. The rules states that he needs to be on the active list not the 53 as I was thinking.

This move is rather surprising... Has Adongo shown something at LB while on the PS?  Is he just a special teams guy?  We haven't lost any special teams guys so I am curious... I figured we would sign a DL to the active roster... and I suspect we might still...

Should be interesting to see what Adongo can do, if he gets any playing time.

Adongo has played in 2 games since 2013? Man, hoping the Colts see something here from the PS from the last couple years. Understand the strategy here ... a solid work in progress can and should lead to a shot. Let's see what he's got. At 6'5 & 250, seems as though he could be used in a variety of situations, IMO.

Adongo has played in 2 games since 2013? Man, hoping the Colts see something here from the PS from the last couple years. Understand the strategy here ... a solid work in progress can and should lead to a shot. Let's see what he's got. At 6'5 & 250, seems as though he could be used in a variety of situations, IMO.

Adongo was 280+ as of this offseason.