Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can Lucas Oil Stadium get loud?

bap1331

Leave the roof closed and get the stadium loud enough when the Colts defense gets on the field, Seattle will have problems communicating with the coach staff? Would be awesome if we did the same with Peyton Manning.

And then when Andrew Luck comes on, it gets silent. What about that for a strategy?

Stadium is great.

Most will come and lament that it isn't RCA Dome loud, but it's still up there with the louder arenas.

When I went to the Miami game this year, my section was like a Library. No cheering. No standing on Third Downs. Bad group.

Overall great though.

With the weather changing this weekend, the roof will more than likely be closed.  The high Sunday is 69, so at game time the temp is probably going to be around 60-62 with the possibility of leftover showers from the cold front.

Heck yes it is going to be LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hqdefault.jpg

Having season tickets in both RCA Dome, and Lucas, I can 100% say it is not even close to the RCA Dome....I was there during the Colts v Steelers MNF game in which we were accused of piping in crowd noise, and I can assure you that was not the case...

I was at the 4 & 2 game, and that was probably the closest Lucas has ever gotten to being like the RCA Dome...

I was also at the season opener/stadium opener vs the Bears, and it was embarrassingly loud. With Bears fans....

Can Lucas get loud? Yes. Does it? Not often. Combination of larger stadium, less engaged fans, and general 'class' of those attending.  

It's really the layout of it that stops it from getting as loud as the RCA Dome (which was noticeably louder). LOS is much more open, the RCA Dome was more of an arena-style, smaller stadium that trapped the noise much better.

I also think that's why some fans don't bother yelling like they used to. If they're noticing that they're not getting the noise payoff for blowing out their vocal chords that they used to, they're more likely to hold back. 

Stadium is great.

Most will come and lament that it isn't RCA Dome loud, but it's still up there with the louder arenas.

When I went to the Miami game this year, my section was like a Library. No cheering. No standing on Third Downs. Bad group.

Overall great though.

I noticed The Luke is a little different with this team than it was with Manning. My first game at The Luke was the Colts/Jets playoff game (Mannings last game as a Colt) and man you could hear a pin drop when we were on offense and it was almost deafening when we were on D. Especially on 3rd downs. But last year I went to the Colts/Packers game and it was almost the opposite. It was fairly loud on offense and not that crazy deafening loud on defense that i remembered in the Jets game. It got kinda loud when we started to come back but we shouldve been that loud the whole game! I guess its a little different because Manning ran the no huddle but i was pretty disappointed with how loud we were on defense last year. There was also a sickening amount of Packers fans there. Heres to hoping we can get that place rockin' when im there week 7!

I noticed The Luke is a little different with this team than it was with Manning. My first game at The Luke was the Colts/Jets playoff game (Mannings last game as a Colt) and man you could hear a pin drop when we were on offense and it was almost deafening when we were on D. Especially on 3rd downs. But last year I went to the Colts/Packers game and it was almost the opposite. It was fairly loud on offense and not that crazy deafening loud on defense that i remembered in the Jets game. It got kinda loud when we started to come back but we shouldve been that loud the whole game! I guess its a little different because Manning ran the no huddle but i was pretty disappointed with how loud we were on defense last year. There was also a sickening amount of Packers fans there. Heres to hoping we can get that place rockin' when im there week 7!

Problem with being the crossroads of America?

It's easy for fans of any team to travel to us lol.

It's louder higher up, but those in the lower bowl for whatever reason refuse to cheer. They'll kill a game sitting in that section.

However, we still have Peyton's training in Indy and we are still silent on O, at least in the games I've been at post Peyton.

You have to remember the RCA Dome, at the time, was the smallest stadium in the NFL. It also had the domed roof, which reflected sound back down onto the field. I have been to many games at both stadiums. LOS can get loud, but never like the RCA Dome. It's just huge in LOS, even with the roof closed. I do think it can get loud enough in there to be disruptive, though. And we need that Sunday. The whole "white collar types that never cheer" thing is interesting. It used to be kind of a joke in the pre-Manning years at the Dome that you could see old ladies knitting, wives reading books, etc. I think it was more the Colts being bad, being new to the city (after the newness of having a team had worn off), etc. I remember the first Manning playoff game, and there were so many Titans fans there it was like a road game! Things have really changed, and the fans have learned how be "good fans". Quiet on offense and loud on D. The only lull, and this was true in both stadiums, was the start of the 3rd quarter. It's due partly to people still in food/bathroom lines, and those that are back in their seats are eating. Ever notice how it gets quiet at your table once the food arrives at a restaurant? Same principle applies to the games. I personally eat before the game, and pee in between quarters.

That said, I can't go this weekend, so those that do, YELL!! The team feeds off that, especially the D

Dont know, I have never been to a game to this point, cant afford it but the crowd seems subdued to me more often then not, sure there are moments they get loud and you always have a few that are real loud but just seems to me when the camera is on the crowd scanning over them they seem to still be trying to figure out whos who on the field in the horse shoe lol

How does LOS compare to other stadiums in terms of noise? If I were to build a new stadium, I would go out of my way to get it designed such that the noise echos/resonates a lot and makes the stadium insanely loud

the dome was like they. crazy loud. LOS doesn't compare in that department

I've been to some guys where it has been ridiculously loud- (09' vs Pats, last year against Hou)

Others have been decent. Some people didn't get up and yell unless it was 3rd and 2 or less.. I like to stand up the entire game, it just enhances the experience for me

"Quiet" games- this year vs Mia and last year vs Ten

Just depends the day it seems. Hopefully the crowd is jacked for this one

Having season tickets in both RCA Dome, and Lucas, I can 100% say it is not even close to the RCA Dome....I was there during the Colts v Steelers MNF game in which we were accused of piping in crowd noise, and I can assure you that was not the case...

I was at the 4 & 2 game, and that was probably the closest Lucas has ever gotten to being like the RCA Dome...

I was also at the season opener/stadium opener vs the Bears, and it was embarrassingly loud. With Bears fans....

Can Lucas get loud? Yes. Does it? Not often. Combination of larger stadium, less engaged fans, and general 'class' of those attending.  

I was at that game too..man it was loud...But there was this young girl..maybe 18-20 sitting right behind my wife..she wasn't yelling or cheering..she was shrieking like she was being murdered. My wife said if she does that one more time she was going to turn around and smack her..That was so annoying.

But it was so loud that night, my ears rang for a couple hours on the drive back to Bicknall.But, it was the best football experience I ever had...

When you get 75,000+ people in the same room, most of which yelling at the top of their lungs, it can get pretty loud.

Add the fact that you're in a dome, and the opponents are dealing with one helll of a problem.

Reasons why it was quiet at the Dolphins game:

1. I was not able to attend.

2. The Colts fell behind early.

People... I will be there on Sunday, will sacrifice my voice for the cause, and hope y'all make a ton of noise regardless of the score.

If it can get load in Seattle in an outside arena we can get it just as loud at LOS. We just need the yuppies to get up out of their seats and join the rest of the loud fans. It does get aggravating for the yuppies to just sit and act like they are zombies with no vocal cords. Some act like they are disinterested and even give dirty looks to those that get a little crazy. I get to go to very few games and just wish I could afford the seats these people are sitting in. GO COLTS!

During the Miami game this year, I was so disappointed with the section I was in. I paid good money for those seats and the guy next to me sat on his phone the whole time and checked his Fantasy League while giving me dirty looks for cheering on my team. Did it deter me? Not at all. But I can't believe some Colts fans go there and sit silently the whole game.

Moral of the story, get loud. And if that's not your thing, feel free to give me the game tickets and you can stay at home and sit on your couch to check your fantasy league.