Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can Lucas Oil Stadium get loud?

bap1331

Leave the roof closed and get the stadium loud enough when the Colts defense gets on the field, Seattle will have problems communicating with the coach staff? Would be awesome if we did the same with Peyton Manning.

And then when Andrew Luck comes on, it gets silent. What about that for a strategy?

im going to the game this Sunday . I know for a fact my section will be loud(224 I think the section by the colts tunnel) . It

It's really the layout of it that stops it from getting as loud as the RCA Dome (which was noticeably louder). LOS is much more open, the RCA Dome was more of an arena-style, smaller stadium that trapped the noise much better.

I also think that's why some fans don't bother yelling like they used to. If they're noticing that they're not getting the noise payoff for blowing out their vocal chords that they used to, they're more likely to hold back. 

I agree, I think that a lot of people, especially those who went to games in the RCA dome feel like the same amount of yelling that got the dome deafening is a let down at LOS so many don't give the maximum effort anymore.

I've been to both stadiums. The main thing I noticed is that most Colts fans don't start making noise until the opposing team is about to run their third down play. This has always irritated me. They need to keep the noise going THE ENTIRE TIME THE OPPOSING OFFENSE IS ON THE FIELD!! 

I look around at other fans and notice that they are standing and clapping, but not yelling. I would say not even 50% of the people in the stands use their vocal chords during the games. It could get much louder in that stadium.

If it can get load in Seattle in an outside arena we can get it just as loud at LOS. We just need the yuppies to get up out of their seats and join the rest of the loud fans. It does get aggravating for the yuppies to just sit and act like they are zombies with no vocal cords. Some act like they are disinterested and even give dirty looks to those that get a little crazy. I get to go to very few games and just wish I could afford the seats these people are sitting in. GO COLTS!

Yuppies?  HMMM....maybe these two in section 215?

yuppies.png?w=370

I'm from England so I haven't been but compared to stadiums here, most NFL games seem to be fairly quiet apart from 3rd or 4th downs and maybe 4th quarter.

Is there many songs/chants at games? The football (soccer) team I support here has 20-30 different songs, do NFL teams?

Rarely. You might hear "7 Nation Army" (which has gotten really old) from time to time, or if the sound system plays Zombie Nation you will hear people chanting along, but it isnt like your "football". It is more common in the college game though to hear songs and chants, usually bc they have a marching band. People will sing/chant from time to time, but it isnt like a soccer game where it is a constant thing all game.

I've been to both stadiums. The main thing I noticed is that most Colts fans don't start making noise until the opposing team is about to run their third down play. This has always irritated me. They need to keep the noise going THE ENTIRE TIME THE OPPOSING OFFENSE IS ON THE FIELD!! 

I look around at other fans and notice that they are standing and clapping, but not yelling. I would say not even 50% of the people in the stands use their vocal chords during the games. It could get much louder in that stadium.

That's a shame. Seattle has, officially, the loudest stadium ever, and they have an open air stadium in Century Link field-

http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/12th-Man-lifts-CenturyLink-Field-into-Guinness-World-Record-book-for-loudest-stadium/346bb94e-6236-4159-b0df-d00e22e8d592

LOS at least closes up, but we don't approach the level of enthusiasm the Hawks fans do.  I only wish I could afford to fly up for every home game and help out.  Cheer them on the best you can. as long as they know there is a strong backing, that will propel our team, if not quite disrupt theirs.

if anyone is sitting in the wine & cheese sections this Sunday, and Seattle is on defense or between quarters or during crowd cheering stanzas, just stand up and do the raise the roof or start clapping, Stand in the way of the "lazies" until such time that they "get it".