Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SupermanLuck12

Wes Welker in Blue and White.

76 posts in this topic

#83 in a Colts uniform in 2013 would be bitter sweet.

Has many good years left, the best slot receiver in football right now. Could line him up Anywhere.. We could move Wayne,Hilton and Welker all around the field creating havoc on defenders.

He is a monster at yards after the catch. Plays with a lot of energy, good speed and always finds away to get open. He can break tackles, he's aggressive and has solid hands. Luck's numbers would sky rocket from last year.

He can also return punts if needed.

Age and money is always a concern.. But he's a proven player and I believe if the price is right for perhaps a 3 year deal.. I would take that chance.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 22, 2013 - inappropriate

LOL oh please.

Besides, do you know how many sniper's nests would be manufactured at Lucas Oil stadium if Grigson was STUPID enough to do that?

LOLOL whatever.

Why pay for a 30 year old slot receiver who wants a huge contract?

Yeah, then sign Ed Reed and Steven Jackson #sarcasm

5 people like this

Id much rather go get Bowe or even Wallace if we're going to get another WR.

2 people like this

Do I sense a pound of sarcasm there?

1 person likes this

Has many good years left, the best slot receiver in football right now. Could line him up Anywhere.. We could move Wayne,Hilton and Welker all around the field creating havoc on defenders.

He is a monster at yards after the catch. Plays with a lot of energy, good speed and always finds away to get open. He can break tackles, he's aggressive and has solid hands. Luck's numbers would sky rocket from last year.

Age and money is always a concern.. But he's a proven player and I believe if the price is right for perhaps a 3 year deal.. I would take that chance.

Somebody compile a list of all the Patriot players that are mentioned on this forum as good pickups for the Colts.  Let's see, Edelman, Talib, Woodhead, Welker.  I must have missed a bunch, it seems like more.

I'd take Ed Reed at a good rate.  He still has some in the tank and brings talent and experience at a position where it's needed.

That being said, I think he'll retire a Raven.

Somebody compile a list of all the Patriot players that are mentioned on this forum as good pickups for the Colts.  Let's see, Edelman, Talib, Woodhead, Welker.  I must have missed a bunch, it seems like more.

Tim Tebow was suggested as well.....

??? Tim Tebow plays for the Patriots*?

No, I was just adding to what he said about ridiculous suggestions. And it was also a little joke because he's the one who suggested it.

1 person likes this

Hey guys, we don't have enough slot receivers!

/sarcasm

1 person likes this

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Balzer40" data-cid="396465"><p>No offense, but I am getting really sick of all these "lets get this WR or that WR" threads. WR is a very low priority. </p></blockquote><br />As a general rule I agree with you, particularly when about a player like Welker. But I absolutely believe WR is a need in this off season. All the Colts really have right now is Wayne, Brazill and TY. I know they seem to be excited about Palmer but I am not putting him in Canton just yet. Plus Reggie isn't a spring chicken. Avery & Collie are free agents. They will bring in a FA or draft a WR or both.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Balzer40" data-cid="396465"><p>No offense, but I am getting really sick of all these "lets get this WR or that WR" threads. WR is a very low priority. </p></blockquote><br />As a general rule I agree with you, particularly when about a player like Welker. But I absolutely believe WR is a need in this off season. All the Colts really have right now is Wayne, Brazill and TY. I know they seem to be excited about Palmer but I am not putting him in Canton just yet. Plus Reggie isn't a spring chicken. Avery & Collie are free agents. They will bring in a FA or draft a WR or both.

Oh, I believe we'll add a WR, but I'm almost positive that those that are expecting a big name FA WR(Bowe, Wallace, Welker, Jennings, etc, etc) are going to be very disappointed. I fully expect the free agent money we have will go to O-line and a few defensive spots.

Oh, I believe we'll add a WR, but I'm almost positive that those that are expecting a big name FA WR(Bowe, Wallace, Welker, Jennings, etc, etc) are going to be very disappointed. I fully expect the free agent money we have will go to O-line and a few defensive spots.

Grigs isn't going to overpay for anyone, especially in an area where we're pretty well stocked.  I agree with you, the money will go to solid O linemen and DBs.  I wouldn't mind another speed rusher too.

Someone said that in the NFL today, defenses don't dominate, they survive.  Let's make the O line the primary concern.

2 people like this

I personally hope we stay away from older, over priced free agents.   I would rather have young vets that maybe aren't well known but will be with Luck throwing the ball.  But mostly I want linemen on both sides of the ball.  

whalen

I think he has potential to be very good, had some great moments in preseason.

1 person likes this

Considering the needs at O line and defense , I would put the chances of this signing right at zero %.

drops alot of passes too. seen him drop 3 or 4 that were right in his hands tonight. he is on the wrong side of 30. we are trying to get young, not older. 

We honestly don't know what they are gonna do. I hope we get a vet WR. I would love Ed Reed. Just don't pay top dollar. All these scrubs like Whalen?? Come on...brazill?? No we need another stud WR to take over after Reggie is gone

NO!! Only Free agent WR I would really want is Dwayne Bowe. Great size receiver would help if we do happen to sign one. However, I don't believe we sign any of the big name guys. OLINE OLINE OLINE!!!!

1 person likes this

Yeah, we do need a receiver who can drop easy important 3rd down passes and who can drop an important Super Bowl pass should the occasion arise.  Nah, I think Avery can handle that.

We honestly don't know what they are gonna do. I hope we get a vet WR. I would love Ed Reed. Just don't pay top dollar. All these scrubs like Whalen?? Come on...brazill?? No we need another stud WR to take over after Reggie is gone

Why are they scrubs? Because they weren't high draft picks like Wes Welker? Oh wait...

1 person likes this

Welker has been fun to watch. Building a Monster won`t be done by collecting high priced FA vets I betcha.

I`m betting Grigson & Co are thinking slow and steady, adding year after year, building a good, deep, balanced roster.

We can be picking up interesting FA players for the next few years.

I want a Bernard Pollard type safety. 6'1" 225. Hits like a truck and fast enough to get to the sideline in time to - Hit like a truck. He makes about $1.5M per. ;)

2 people like this

I think the team is pretty set at wr. TY should be the undisputed #2 wr next season. Hopefully allen and Fleener will dominate the middle of the field. And Brazill looked good in spots. There is no room for an overrated old wr that is going to expect a lot of money.

Again I don't see the logic in adding an older WR like the guys we already have on the roster.  If we add a WR I think we would add a guy who isn't like what we already have on the roster which would be a taller WR and frankly if we add a WR I expect it to be a younger player not an aging vet coming towards the end of his career.  The idea on offense is to get guys to grow around Luck with him.  We probably already have the one older player we are going to have on offense in Wayne. 

The way I have seen it, I haven't been interested in Wes Welker since he dropped the "butterfinger catch" in the Super Bowl last year.

We have a lot of talented receivers already. I won't support getting Welker because he will probably be overpriced and in the wrong system to boot.

I don't see it happening nor do I want him. Remember when many of us read the rumors it was Welker in the trade and not Vontae Davis? It did not make much sense at the time and still doesn't.

Besides, I don't feel Welker has the best hands in big games lately either.......

No thanks. I do think we could use a big receiver, but last time I checked Welker wasn't exactly big.

Jeff George, and Tony Ugoh they sound like good pick up..... what about Gonzalez yes he could not stay healthy but hey

No offense, but I am getting really sick of all these "lets get this WR or that WR" threads. WR is a very low priority. 
Do keep in mind if we dont bring Avery backck or Collie we will have Wayne and Hilton two starter and then Brazil who has potentail but is unknown and then maybe Whalen. WR is not necassarily locked down, we definatley could use another guy or two. Especially that number 1 guy for the future. I agree the priority this year is in other areas like D line and O line. But what if we have adressed the O line and picked up an OLB and a solid CB in free agency? I mean a guy like Woods who could very well be avaible could be someone we stongly consider. This is a guy I think could be very attractive to the Colts especially with this new offense and needing a Wrs who can run percise rountes with good timing and run after the catch. He does get comparred to Reggie and he could come in and learn from Reggie while having an immediate impact. The flag with him is Injury hsitory. Just remember need is not gonna determine what we pick come draft time.Its gonna be best talent on the board(Excluding QB), I think WR might just be it and I think this guy would be a very good fit and is a great talent.