Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts offseason discussion / Ballard Grievances (merge)

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Kenny Moore posted a picture of him and Blackmon earlier today. Hopefully that is a sign he is coming back.

Blackmon and Sneed would round out this FA very well. That would give us so many options in draft. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

I’m guessing draft pick and a player for Sneed. 

KC released most of their WR’s so Pierce makes sense for them - especially since Mahomes can actually push the ball downfield.

They did sign Marquise Brown though 

I agree though. Pick and player.

WR

CB

TE

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Kenny Moore posted a picture of him and Blackmon earlier today. Hopefully that is a sign he is coming back.

I'd be ok with it, but tbh, I've kind of already moved on mentally.

I can

driving u turn GIF

And be ok though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

If you’re getting your hopes up for Sneed, just stop. I’m sorry but it ain’t happening 

I love how the whole of Colts Twitter have convinced themselves we’re signing Sneed because some fella called “Captain Colt” told them so. 🤣

6 minutes ago, w87r said:

I'd be ok with it, but tbh, I've kind of already moved on mentally.

I can

driving u turn GIF

And be ok though.

We don’t have a strong safety and we need him back.

Just now, Colt Overseas said:

I love how the whole of Colts Twitter have convinced themselves we’re signing Sneed because some fella called “Captain Colt” told them so. 🤣

That isn’t why.

Just now, Colt Overseas said:

Captain Colt leading the charge! haha 

I know I'm in the minority here, but I hope this Sneed trade does not happen. It just seems too expensive when it comes to probably a top 3 contract and draft picks. I also always had the belief that players who won the SB are generally over valued the following offseason. We could sign a starting CB and FS at the 20 million that Sneed will cost.

• Like 1

Just now, New Zealands #1 Colts Fan said:

So I have just spent 2 hours of my Saturday morning reading 65 pages about Colts free agency only to find out that the new Colts next year are a backup DT and Joe Flacco!!!!!!!!!!!! 

hahahahahaha

Make It Rain Money GIF

There is really zero reason to have MAC on the roster at $5.9 million.  Even if you cut him and re-signed him for less that would make more sense.  The Colts should ask the NFL for clarity on Ogletree's situation.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

I know I'm in the minority here, but I hope this Sneed trade does not happen. It just seems too expensive when it comes to probably a top 3 contract and draft picks. I also always had the belief that players who won the SB are generally over valued the following offseason. We could sign a starting CB and FS at the 20 million that Sneed will cost.

Shhhh.  I agree with you.

6 minutes ago, New Zealands #1 Colts Fan said:

So I have just spent 2 hours of my Saturday morning reading 65 pages about Colts free agency only to find out that the new Colts next year are a backup DT and Joe Flacco!!!!!!!!!!!! 

hahahahahaha

We are now anxiously waiting for the news that we re-signed Danny Pinter to drop.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, New Zealands #1 Colts Fan said:

hahahahahaha

Good to see ya buddy! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, New Zealands #1 Colts Fan said:

hahahahahaha

But minus a starting SS, so far.

Someone suggested doing a weekly recap thread to lift the signings and leavings out of this rumor mega thread, so that we could focus on the new Colts or new contracts.  I'm of course too lazy to do it myself.

52 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Would it be because its Wilson?

You know, the old, stubby, rag armed dude not worth signing for beyond one season. I'd go with that. And Fields is good with more upside.

Fields is the biggest bust since Ryan leaf. 

Just now, w87r said:

We have spend almost $200m in contracts this off-season.

And just the Davis guy as an addition so far right?

14 minutes ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

There is really zero reason to have MAC on the roster at $5.9 million.  Even if you cut him and re-signed him for less that would make more sense.  The Colts should ask the NFL for clarity on Ogletree's situation.  

We don’t have to cut him until June, so until we need to cut, there’s no rush to cut him. If we need too, I’m sure we will

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Jamarcus Russell says hi.

Okay, so second biggest bust since Ryan Leaf :lol:

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

We don’t have to cut him until June, so until we need to cut, there’s no rush to cut him. If we need too, I’m sure we will

Andrew Ogletree situation still needs to get figured out first because if they move on from both TE becomes thin. The rest of the TEs aren’t good blockers like Ogletree and Mo.

24 minutes ago, New Zealands #1 Colts Fan said:

hahahahahaha

That’s Ballard for ya. 

9 minutes ago, csmopar said:

In Russel’s case literally lol

8 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Andrew Ogletree situation still needs to get figured out first because if they move on from both TE becomes thin. The rest of the TEs aren’t good blockers like Ogletree and Mo.

With all the charges dropped you may see time served with Ogletree. 

I hope he is back

11 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I will throw up if DeJean is our 1st or 2nd round pick. Safeties don’t impact the game enough unless you’re a Sean Taylor or Troy Polomalu type player. 

He's a corner..

Snead would make getting a receiving threat the primary need for the Colts in the draft. That alone makes me hope that Ballard gets him. I really don't want to add another young CB from a high draft pick to an already incredibly young DB room. Especially considering the consensus that there are plenty of good, but no top tier CB talents.

If we don't get Snead, or another CB of that caliber, I'm fully expecting Ballard to trade down into the early 20s and getting a DB there...

19 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I will throw up if DeJean is our 1st or 2nd round pick. Safeties don’t impact the game enough unless you’re a Sean Taylor or Troy Polomalu type player. 

I watched him yesterday. I don't see it. Maybe I'll post my thoughts in another thread...