Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts offseason discussion / Ballard Grievances (merge)

For me I care less about what we "pay" Sneed, the cap can be massaged to make it work the "capologists" can figure that out...I am far more concerned on what picks we give up.......

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Crunked said:

For me I care less about what we "pay" Sneed, the cap can be massaged to make it work the "capologists" can figure that out...I am far more concerned on what picks we give up.......

I am pretty much fine with it as long as the first isn’t involved but yeah that’s where I am at.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crunked said:

This is how I also feel. We see teams “over cap” constantly and teams like the Eagles make cap work time and time again. 

An extra few million isn’t going to make a difference. It’s all about the guarantee to shield yourself from future dead cap and the capital you’re giving up. I’d be happy with giving up a 2 or less. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Crunked said:

This is where I’m at. We can play money games, much harder to recoup draft picks. I’m good with a 3rd, if they want our second, I’d at least like it to be a swap for their second too.

if they want a 1… forget it

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Crunked said:

if it goes through, I could see Ballard trading down from 15 to make up the pick given, especially in a deep receiver class. We aren’t getting one of the top 4 guys more than likely. It would probably wait until the pick in the event someone specific fell to us. 

Just now, csmopar said:

This is where I’m at. We can play money games, much harder to recoup draft picks. I’m good with a 3rd, if they want our second, I’d at least like it to be a swap for their second too.

if they want a 1… forget it

I would take their 3rd back in a swap as well(if they wouldn't do a 2nd). But yeah, would rather just swap 2nd and give them Baker Jr. Lol.

Might have to throw a 4th in there, on the swap 2nds deal. That would put it at high 3rd round value ?

21 minutes ago, w87r said:

I've seen some stats about what he's done the last couple years but can't remember where and when?

Probably in here somewhere, maybe @New Zealands #1 Colts Fanhas that answer. He has read the whole thing today. :)

I do recall reading about his very impressive stats. I think it was after my 3rd piece of toast but before my 2nd coffee..........so around pages 30-35 :D

Just now, New Zealands #1 Colts Fan said:

I do recall reading about his very impressive stats. I think it was after my 3rd piece of toast but before my 2nd coffee..........so around pages 30-35 :D

2nd trip to the bathroom.

Season 2 Diarrhea GIF by Parks and Recreation

4 minutes ago, w87r said:

I would take their 3rd back in a swap as well(if they wouldn't do a 2nd). But yeah, would rather just swap 2nd and give them Baker Jr. Lol.

Might have to throw a 4th in there, on the swap 2nds deal. That would put it at high 3rd round value ?

I mean if it’s about what I’d rather trade them I’d send them Baker, Sam, Eric Johnson and there was probably a lawn chair or something that blew into the colts complex during the storm last night…

I don’t think they will go for that though…

6 minutes ago, w87r said:

I’d be willing to throw a 4th in leu of a swap of 2s even.  But that’s as high as I’d be willing to go. But i don’t get to make that call.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

I mean if it’s about what I’d rather trade them I’d send them Baker, Sam, Eric Johnson and there was probably a lawn chair or something that blew into the colts complex during the storm last night…

Can we send them the tacos meat from that destroyed Taco Bell? 

sorry, I probably shouldn’t be making jokes about storm damage in which people were hurt. 

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

I’d be willing to throw a 4th in key of a swap if 2s even.  But that’s as high as I’d be willing to go. But i don’t get to make that call.

I would definitely do this. Seems like this could be close to what happens.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

I mean if it’s about what I’d rather trade them I’d send them Baker, Sam, and there was probably a lawn chair or something that blew into the colts complex during the storm last night…

Yeah, I was just clowning with Baker.

But maybe Ameer Speed? Rookie last year, cheap CB and contract for KC to replace Sneed.

6 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

if it goes through, I could see Ballard trading down from 15 to make up the pick given, especially in a deep receiver class. We aren’t getting one of the top 4 guys more than likely. It would probably wait until the pick in the event someone specific fell to us. 

I think it’ll depend on who’s there. But that is always a possibility with Ballard. 

• Like 1

Just now, Yoshinator said:

I would definitely do this. Seems like this could be close to what happens.

#46- 440pts

#117 - 60pts

500pts

#64 - 270pts

Sneed

230pts = pick #72

Seems plausible? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, w87r said:

#46- 440pts

#117 - 60pts

500pts

#64 - 270pts

Sneed

230pts = pick #72

Seems plausible? 

Considering Sneed's contract, I think a 3rd round value on him is about right.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, w87r said:

#46- 440pts

#117 - 60pts

500pts

#64 - 270pts

Sneed

230pts = pick #72

Seems plausible? 

yes- unless they were asking for a 2nd and others at the back end of the round were willing to give it… 

Just now, ColtStrong2013 said:

yes- unless they were asking for a 2nd and others at the back end of the round were willing to give it… 

We could throw Baker(I kid, unless they want him, lol) or Speed or 2025 4th in.

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

We could throw Baker(I kid, unless they want him, lol) or Speed or 2025 4th in.

I’d prefer we didn’t give up an LB but that is one area of Ballards expertise so I’d be okay with. 

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I’d prefer we didn’t give up an LB but that is one area of Ballards expertise so I’d be okay with. 

Ameer Speed, the now, 2nd year CB 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

If they want Baker let’s try to sell them on Mo and Eric Johnson too…

Wouldn't want Mo's contract.

Johnson might be right up their alley if they want Baker though.

7 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

If they want Baker let’s try to sell them on Mo and Eric Johnson too…

3 minutes ago, w87r said:

Wouldn't want Mo's contract.

we just had to go there didn’t we? … no one wants Mo’s contract. Not even on the colts fan forum.

we just had to go there didn’t we? … no one wants Mo’s contract. Not even on the colts fan forum.

I wasn’t being serious.  Just trying to clean out the Colts trash can lol.

Someone can, but not the Chiefs. They got enough wrapped up there and everywhere else.

Now the Giants, just had Waller retire. Get them in the phone.

Colts rec: #183

Giants rec: #191, Mo Alie-Cox

44 minutes ago, w87r said:

Nothing about this room:

S:(7) Rodney Thomas, Nick Cross, Daniel Scott, Trevor Denbow, Marcel Dabo, Kendell Brooks, Michael Tutsie

Says we need to add another young guy to it.

Need (2) vets, not even just 1.

Really only have Cross and Scott IMO. Need to move on from Thomas and the other players are real long shots to contribute. 

Just now, BlackTiger said:

We cant just let Sneed take the team to the cleaners because we want a corner.

Maybe he really is asking too much or more than we should give, there is a limit to that.

or it’s more about nuance contract terms that none of us care about…

Just now, BlackTiger said:

Maybe he really is asking too much or more than we should give, there is a limit to that.

I say let’s split the difference and call it a night.

In

1 minute ago, BlackTiger said:

Ballard knows value. So far in his tenure he has never overpaid for a player. You could argue Leonard , but he was legitimately the best LB in the game at that time.

I think it’s fine to put some money in Sneed. The young corner strategy hasn’t really worked, and the solution to that isn’t t more youth. A vet who can start on the outside for 4+ years would be a huge get.

• Like 4

Just now, cbear said:

OK, just read he was PFF 30th ranked DB. Just how good is he really? 

He gets hit on his grade because he gets a fair share of penalties from his physicalness.

Everytime I see him play he is balling out.

• Thanks 2