Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Minshew 2024

Patrick Miller

I think he’ll go somewhere to be a bridge QB. 

There are so many QB’s this year that will be drafted in the 1st & 2nd round. At least 5. There will be teams looking for a veteran stop gap QB to let their rookie QB learn from. 

If there are no options, I can’t imagine him leaving Indy to be a backs up somewhere else. 

15 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

I think he’ll go somewhere to be a bridge QB. 

There are so many QB’s this year that will be drafted in the 1st & 2nd round. At least 5. There will be teams looking for a veteran stop gap QB to let their rookie QB learn from. 

If there are no options, I can’t imagine him leaving Indy to be a backs up somewhere else. 

I agree. There will be a lot of opportunities for him to sign elsewhere as a starter. I think a team may sign him to around 10-12m a year. If not and we want to keep him I bet we will have to at least double his salary to 7-8m. Several teams will be interested in Minshew. 

• Like 2

I just don’t see how he could have really any opportunity as a starter anywhere…someone give me a team and why it could happen for him?

I think he will be back with the Colts. I think we will value him as a backup (money wise) more than anyone else will even as a starter…just my opinion of course.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

I just don’t see how he could have really any opportunity as a starter anywhere…someone give me a team and why it could happen for him?

I think he will be back with the Colts. I think we will value him as a backup (money wise) more than anyone else will even as a starter…just my opinion of course.

Jets-Rodgers is long in the tooth and Wilson is a bust

Bucs- I believe Mayfield is a free agent after this year

Giants- need a legit qb. Jones sucks 

Cardinals?

Bears? 
Rams? -how much does stafford have left in the tank?

I can see him competing for a starting job on all those teams.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

I like Gardner, but even though the Colts have won some games, Minshew has looked awful a lot of the times. I think the team should move on.

They could but then you would need a back up that is capable  of winning  games incase Richardson  goes down again

7 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

Jets-Rodgers is long in the tooth and Wilson is a bust

Bucs- I believe Mayfield is a free agent after this year

Giants- need a legit qb. Jones sucks 

Cardinals?

Bears? 
Rams? -how much does stafford have left in the tank?

I can see him competing for a starting job on all those teams.

As for Wilson He will start this week according to the HC. (glutten for punishment) Rodgers loves Wilson!

21 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think Minshew returns to the Colts.   I think he gets signed to a deal of roughly 2 years and 10-12 million TOTAL.   $5-6 mill per.   

While I hope this is where they can get him I feel like he will want top back up money. That would be 7-8m a year. To me that seems too expensive so I like your numbers way better. I’m glad he is here but I wouldn’t say he is playing great even for a backup. During this 4 game win streak he has more turnovers than TDs. Colts are almost winning despite Minshew. Of course there is way more to it than that stat. 

12 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

While I hope this is where they can get him I feel like he will want top back up money. That would be 7-8m a year. To me that seems too expensive so I like your numbers way better. I’m glad he is here but I wouldn’t say he is playing great even for a backup. During this 4 game win streak he has more turnovers than TDs. Colts are almost winning despite Minshew. Of course there is way more to it than that stat. 

What backup would you rather have?  Minshew knows the system.   With ARs inability to stay healthy having a good vet is needed

24 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

What backup would you rather have?  Minshew knows the system.   With ARs inability to stay healthy having a good vet is needed

My comment wasn’t bc there is another player I would rather have.  However, looking at available players next year: Jacoby Brisett, Drew Lock, Tyrod Taylor and Sam Darnold could all be viable options if Minshew wants more than the Colts are willing to pay. 

3 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Tony comment wasn’t bc there is another player I would rather have.  However, looking at available players next year: Jacoby Brisett, Drew Lock, Tyrod Taylor and Sam Darnold could all be viable options if Minshew wants more than the Colts are willing to pay. 

Minshew is better than all those guys. 

On 12/6/2023 at 7:43 PM, Patrick Miller said:

Where do you see him?  With us as a backup?……another teams backup?……Another teams starter?…….the Colts starter? 😉

He’s put in some good tape , teams are sure to notice. I think he’ll be given a shot somewhere else to be the starter. I also do believe the colts have strong interest in bringing him back but I could easily see him going to a team like the Patriots, Steelers, Falcons and given a real shot at leading that team.

I don’t see any team signing him to be their starter. He is too shaky, you just don’t know what you will get every time he drops back to pass.

a lot have said the colts need him in case Richardson gets hurt. If that’s the case, the colts should draft a qb every year and hope to get lucky and find a starter to replace Richardson because you have to have a reliable starting qb.

• Like 1

Weird just mentioned him in the QB thread in the general section.  But count me among those hoping they can ink Minshew for that backup role.  And if not then maybe spend a mid to late pick on a guy who can grow into that backup role.  Doing that has potential to save you some cash but again I'd rather not screw around and know if AR gets hurt again there's someone to take the reins.

10 hours ago, Boondoggle said:

Weird just mentioned him in the QB thread in the general section.  But count me among those hoping they can ink Minshew for that backup role.  And if not then maybe spend a mid to late pick on a guy who can grow into that backup role.  Doing that has potential to save you some cash but again I'd rather not screw around and know if AR gets hurt again there's someone to take the reins.

Then add Minshew already has chemistry with these guys so it would be easy to step in.

10 hours ago, husker61 said:

I don’t see any team signing him to be their starter. He is too shaky, you just don’t know what you will get every time he drops back to pass.

a lot have said the colts need him in case Richardson gets hurt. If that’s the case, the colts should draft a qb every year and hope to get lucky and find a starter to replace Richardson because you have to have a reliable starting qb.

Minshew put up 15 points in regulation and had as many what the hecks as good plays. Reminds me of Barney when he gets his gun out.

We need a  6'4" backup with an NFL arm that doesn't have to click his heals to get the MOJO to throw.

• Like 1

I said it before and I will say it again - I think Minshew is the perfect backup, he's good enough to execute your offense and give you a chance to win some games, but not good enough to have unrealistic expectations about being a franchise guy somewhere. If he wants to be here in that capacity, I'm good with Ballard signing him for a couple more years... It seems like him and AR have a very good relationship too, so... 

• Like 2