Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Minshew 2024

Patrick Miller

On 12/6/2023 at 10:11 PM, NewColtsFan said:

I think Minshew returns to the Colts.   I think he gets signed to a deal of roughly 2 years and 10-12 million TOTAL.   $5-6 mill per.   

I also believe he realizes he survives because of Steichen’s playmaking. Gardner, left to his own, eventually gets figured out by NFL Defenses.  He followed Steichen here, and I think he stays and realizes his niche is a really good Back-Up.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hammer said:

Minshew's a joke. If Ehlinger isn't a better option, then find another 3rd string QB. We have no chance with Minshew so I say, for now,  give Sam a chance. I don't believe he could be any worse and probably better.

I trust Steichen to make that call more than any of us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IndySouthsider said:

Hopefully anywhere but Indianapolis, Indiana

Thats how I feel. 

I know the NFL is more than X's & O's and talent etc..... But minshew can only do so much with his limited talent AND athleticism even on his and the teams good days..With him, its always going to be a uphill struggle when he's in. I thank him for his effort and contributing to the teams win total(what ever it will end up being). But a experience backup who is not such a enormous drop off athletically from AR5 who can move and throw deep is needed, among other team needs. Hopefully, he'll do ok the rest of the way for a team to pay him more to compete for a starter job.....or just pay him more than the colts are willing to, which shouldn't be too hard. LoL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Take a look at every team and how many are playing backup QBs is astonishing.  Could the Colts do better or worse than Minshew is the risk/reward.  Minshew has been around Steichen for a few years and has proven a capable backup thrust into a starting role.  I have no issues making Minshew a long-term clipboard hold and backup option going forward.  Ehlinger is the odd man out and potential is the one to be looked at being replaced no Minshew.  Realize it all boils down to cap availability and the future direction of the Club.  Do we go younger releasing some of our better players and reboot now for a rebuild.   Time will tell and left in the decisions with the Colts brass not us armchair GMs.  

• Like 1

All it takes around here is for Minshew to have 1 bad game and his haters just pile on. Where were the same piling on him now at for the last month when we won 4 in a row. It is not his fault AR got injured and most backup QBs would not have a 5-4 record. AR was technically 2-2. Sam is bad as in Curtis Painter, Dan Orlovsky, Mike Pagel bad. I guess some have never seen him play. Minshew is a lot better than Sam and it's not even debatable. People want Sam because they wanted a higher draft pick.

Minshew has pee'd certain people off because they wanted their precious Top 5 pick and wanted us to lose. Too bad, it is about winning and making the playoffs. We have our QB already in AR, tanking is a losers mentality unless you need a franchise QB. Either root for us to win or go watch Andy Griffith or Hogan Hero's they are always on, on Sunday around gametime.

42 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

All it takes around here is for Minshew to have 1 bad game and his haters just pile on. Where were the same piling on him now at for the last month when we won 4 in a row. It is not his fault AR got injured and most backup QBs would not have a 5-4 record. AR was technically 2-2. Sam is bad as in Curtis Painter, Dan Orlovsky, Mike Pagel bad. I guess some have never seen him play. Minshew is a lot better than Sam and it's not even debatable. People want Sam because they wanted a higher draft pick.

Minshew has pee'd certain people off because they wanted their precious Top 5 pick and wanted us to lose. Too bad, it is about winning and making the playoffs. We have our QB already in AR, tanking is a losers mentality unless you need a franchise QB. Either root for us to win or go watch Andy Griffith or Hogan Hero's they are always on, on Sunday around gametime.

It seems to me that most Colts fans agree with you. Just read the replies in this thread. Most would like Minshew back as the Colts backup quarterback despite his recent struggles. 

• Thanks 1

I think most people that bash on him are looking at him through the lens of a starting franchise QB, which he’s not. He is a very capable backup who very often times plays beyond his role.

This season was always gonna be a wash for me with AR being a rookie. It’s been pretty fun overall with Minshew. I hope he comes back.

• Like 2

On 12/6/2023 at 9:52 PM, Patrick Miller said:

Giants- need a legit qb. Jones sucks 

Not on the Giants. They are paying Jones a lot as the starter. They have a good local guy in Tommy DeVito winning them some games this year. While he probably is not the long-term starter, the Giants are comfortable with him as the backup quarterback. I think the Giants will also draft a QB. Signing another starter is not likely.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would hope so but that isn't the case, look at Sunday's Game Day thread.

Some of us have been talking about Minshew's shortcomings for months now. That's not hung up on winning or losing. Watching our games it almost feels like we win inspite of him.

I'm happy he's our backup and hope we re-sign him, but he is a backup and it shows every week. Can't wait for AR to be back.

You fan your way, let others fan their way.

1 minute ago, Solid84 said:

Some of us have been talking about Minshew's shortcomings for months now. That's not hung up on winning or losing. Watching our games it almost feels like we win inspite of him.

I'm happy he's our backup and hope we re-sign him, but he is a backup and it shows every week. Can't wait for AR to be back.

You fan your way, let others fan their way.

People can fan how they want. Having said that, during the game on Sunday people were using the word trash or suck to describe him, He played bad on Sunday but nobody should ever say someone is trash period. Minshew has been far from trash and anyone that thinks otherwise is wrong opinion or not.

34 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

People can fan how they want. Having said that, during the game on Sunday people were using the word trash or suck to describe him, He played bad on Sunday but nobody should ever say someone is trash period. Minshew has been far from trash and anyone that thinks otherwise is wrong opinion or not.

I don’t think anyone is calling Minshew the person trash, but are refering to his play and possibly in a moment of overreaction. I don’t get why this is still being discussed 4 days after the game. It’s not like you haven’t called players, a unit of players or the refs trash. Why is this different?

Minshew is a solid back up.  I think people need to remember he’s a backup for a reason and that reason is he has limitations.  Once you accept he’s a backup and not a starter he’s pretty good.  The only way I think the Colts let him walk is if they think Sam is ready to be the number two full time.  There is a reason they Colts have kept Sam on the roster this whole time.